Thread: Shell Oil Spiews Out More than a Million Gallons of Oil Onto Nigerian Delta

Shell Oil Spiews Out More than a Million Gallons of Oil Onto Nigerian Delta

January 10, 2012:
    Last month ... the oil giant Royal Dutch Shell's operation caused from 1m to 2m gallons of oil to spill into the ocean off the coast of Nigeria, also as the result of an industrial accident. It was the worst spill in Nigeria in 13 years in a part of that country where the oil and gas industry has been despoiling the environment for more than 50 years, on a scale that dwarfs the Deepwater Horizon spill in the Gulf of Mexico by a wide margin. Shell claims it has completely cleaned up the mess, but villages counterclaim the oil has been washing up on their coastline. The world's media seem to be uninterested in checking the facts.
    Nigeria's oil disasters are met by silence | Michael Keating | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Ah, beautiful, wonderful unregulated capitalism.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

I blame rich white male rapists. How about you?

Are the people who run Shell Oil white male rapists? If that's so, you certainly are privy to a bunch of information that I don't have.

I don't think I want to know how you came by that knowledge.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Are the people who run Shell Oil white male rapists? If that's so, you certainly are privy to a bunch of information that I don't have.

I don't think I want to know how you came by that knowledge.
    Now you know how stupid you seem sometimes

Well, certainly, to stupid people, I suppose that's how I would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Well, certainly, to stupid people, I suppose that's how I would appear.
    No, you appear stupid to most people