Thread: Chevron's Dump of Eighteen Billion Gallons of Poison

Chevron's Dump of Eighteen Billion Gallons of Poison

Into the Amazon rainforest water basin in Ecuador:
    During its operation in Ecuador Amazon until 1992, Texaco [now called Chevron] spilled 17 million gallons [around 64 mln litres] of oil from its pipeline and dumped 18 billion (!) gallons [around 68 bln litres] of toxic waste directly into the rainforest, and thus contaminating 1,700 square miles [around 442,000 ha] of pristine Ecuador rainforest with extremely dangerous chemicals.
    Ecuador Rainforest And Its Devastation by Oil Production

American "philosophy" spilling into pristine tropical rivers, poisoning entire ecosystems, this is the corporate global school of absoo=lute domination philosophy.

Thank you, Almighty Great God Unregulated Capitalism!
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

I seem to remember that the Soviet union had a less than exemplary record in these matters. I believe they were not capitalists too

The Soviet Union?

Or capitalist Russia?

Which one?
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    The Soviet Union?

Or capitalist Russia?

Which one?
    Soviet union

Got some documentation? And did this criminality cease after Russia went capitalist?

Got some documentation? And did this criminality cease after Russia went capitalist?
    Chernobyl
    Soviet Union's polluted land : The Lancet Oncology

Soviet Pollution: A Lethal Legacy ? Gerd Ludwig Photography

ScienceDirect.com - Global Environmental Change - New data on air pollution in the former Soviet Union

It doesnt matter if Russia is better or worse now..you blamed capitalism for polution either ignoring or not realising communist countries were even worse.
    You should look at communist Chinas record on polution

"Communist" China sure is a major mover in the world of Capitalism. It has amassed so much capital that the U.S. has to borrow money from China now.

"Communist" China sure is a major mover in the world of Capitalism. It has amassed so much capital that the U.S. has to borrow money from China now.
    Simone. China was not capitalist when it was run by chairman Mao.
    Thats why I refered to ' communist' China...sheesh

It is debatable as to whether or not Russian and China were truly "communist." I don't think that any nation has ever practices "true communism."

The truest communists are probably those small groups of Christians who gather in Hutterite or Mennonite or Amish communities.

It is debatable as to whether or not Russian and China were truly "communist." I don't think that any nation has ever practices "true communism."

The truest communists are probably those small groups of Christians who gather in Hutterite or Mennonite or Amish communities.
    Oh dear not that old chestnut! PSML
    Were they capitalist countries Simone?

Were they truly communist?

Were they truly communist?
    Were they truly capitalist?