Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 101

Thread: A Gift from God?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822

    A Gift from God?

    Rick Santorum:
    In an interview with Piers Morgan, the most socially conservative candidate in the GOP field continued to stand steadfast in his opposition to abortion, even in cases where rape is involved.

    Morgan pressed Santorum on the issue and asked how the right-wing candidate would feel if his daughter came to him begging for an abortion after being raped. Santorum said, “I think the right approach is to accept this horribly created — in the sense of rape — but nevertheless a gift in a very broken way, the gift of human life, and accept what God has given to you.” He added that rape victims ought to “make the best of a bad situation.”
    Rick Santorum: Rape babies are gifts from God | The Mommy Files | an SFGate.com blog

    Rapists are psychopaths. Are rapists a gift from God? Maybe God is a psychopath then.

    There are indications that psychopathy may be genetic, so when a psychopath rapes he is passing along his psychopathic genes. Are these genes a gift of God? Should a woman be forced to bear a psychopathic child who will go out and rape and murder? Is that the will of God?

    Men who commit incest are psychopaths. Priests who take advantage of children and molest them are psychopaths. Pope Benedict XVI who claims to speak for God has protected psychopathic priests who rape.

    Maybe God is a psychopath.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    You are right Simone. The fetus of a rapist has no dna of the mother.
    It is a guilty as the rapist and should not be allowed a chance of life.
    We should make sure the fetus becomes sentient and rip it to bits in the womb...it deserves no more.
    Bitterness and cruelty becomes you

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Rick Santorum:

    Rick Santorum: Rape babies are gifts from God | The Mommy Files | an SFGate.com blog

    Rapists are psychopaths. Are rapists a gift from God? Maybe God is a psychopath then.

    There are indications that psychopathy may be genetic, so when a psychopath rapes he is passing along his psychopathic genes. Are these genes a gift of God? Should a woman be forced to bear a psychopathic child who will go out and rape and murder? Is that the will of God?

    Men who commit incest are psychopaths. Priests who take advantage of children and molest them are psychopaths. Pope Benedict XVI who claims to speak for God has protected psychopathic priests who rape.

    Maybe God is a psychopath.
    Make sure you liberal psychopaths kill as many innocent unborn babies as you can before you die. Blood-thirsty butchers.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Make sure you liberal psychopaths kill as many innocent unborn babies as you can before you die. Blood-thirsty butchers.
    Take it easy, Eazy. Those unborn ones are in Heaven a better place than Earth, right?? so you ought to be happy, the more abortions, the more foetuses in Heaven
    Foetuses and embryos also, are real cute

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    303
    55 million unborn babies have been aborted since 1973. This is murder on a massive scale, matched only by the death count of World War II. America is committing national/racial suicide. It must stop! The Supreme Court must overturn its Roe v. Wade ruling. Conservatives John Roberts and Sam Alito are members of the Court. An Abortion Amendment needs to be introduced in Congress to make abortion unconstitutional.
    God Given Talent CD @ my site

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Take it easy, Eazy. Those unborn ones are in Heaven a better place than Earth, right?? so you ought to be happy, the more abortions, the more foetuses in Heaven
    I'll bet the liberals wish they had those 50 million or so individuals back to pay taxes to support Obama's drunken-sailor spending sprees.

    And I'll bet America could have used a few more teachers, scientists, and even preachers so as to save a bunch of knot-heads from going to Hell.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    I'll bet the liberals wish they had those 50 million or so individuals back to pay taxes to support Obama's drunken-sailor spending sprees.

    And I'll bet America could have used a few more teachers, scientists, and even preachers so as to save a bunch of knot-heads from going to Hell.
    Let me preface this with I don't think abortion is a type of birth control. Late term abortions need to have a really good reason to occur, not because the mother couldn't make up her mind or is having a bad day. I do believe that given the reality of what having a child means to both the young or unwed or both or even old and married or any combination that it isn't the place of some unknown idealists who feel their views are proper for everyone else in every set of circumstances. If you don't believe in abortion then don't have one. Be happy that we are far more compassionate that God when determining what a grounds for abortion and the methods used in its implementation.

    The fact of the matter is of those 50 million roughly half would be unable to pay taxes due to physical or economic reasons, examples causing this range from physical disabilities and incarceration to poverty and lack of education. 3 of the 4 mentioned are prevalent among young unwed mothers, followed closely by unwed or single mothers. Many conservatives yell that a women cannot have an abortion, while at the same time yelling that social programs that are in place to help mothers deal with the problems having a child creates are unfair and the recipients undeserving. It seems only fair that if you are going to make her have the baby that you should help pay for it. Otherwise make it your business when it involves you. You can also think in terms of self survival, how many of those 50 million do you think would have become Christian and how many atheist or something non-christian?

    Just a reminder the Bible has rules about when an abortion can occur and God has no problem with it being done up until the day the child is born.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by pappillion001 View Post

    Just a reminder the Bible has rules about when an abortion can occur and God has no problem with it being done up until the day the child is born.
    Please supply your scriptural basis for that.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Please supply your scriptural basis for that.
    Numbers 5

    A husband can demand his wife to be subject to the Jealousy law at any time and he has only to say he suspects. No evidence or proof is required

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by pappillion001 View Post
    Numbers 5

    A husband can demand his wife to be subject to the Jealousy law at any time and he has only to say he suspects. No evidence or proof is required
    This is a Judgment of God against an issue of possible adultery.

    Outside of God's Judgment in cases of evildoing, I don't see God approving of self-serving abortion.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    This is a Judgment of God against an issue of possible adultery.
    Yes that is why it is called the Jealosy Law, because because it is only acted upon in cases of adultry or if the husband thinks there might have been or if he wonders if she would or if he just feels like checking to see if she did

    Outside of God's Judgment in cases of evildoing, I don't see God approving of self-serving abortion.
    The point is there exists circumstances where God says what you claim as a human being with a right to life in all cases, including rape and incest does not. Christians pick and choose what rules to follow and to what degree they should be enforced.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by pappillion001 View Post

    The point is there exists circumstances where God says what you claim as a human being with a right to life in all cases, including rape and incest does not. Christians pick and choose what rules to follow and to what degree they should be enforced.
    <Chuckle>

    That's like saying God is okay with people murdering one another just because he dispenses divine justice on occasion.

    You've got nothing.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    <Chuckle>

    That's like saying God is okay with people murdering one another just because he dispenses divine justice on occasion.

    You've got nothing.
    Chuckle, he is

    Would you like to get back to my point? Christian doctrine is used as a basis for the no exception position on abortion, but the bible permits the murder of the fetus without regard for the stage of pregnancy. The choice does not belong to the woman, but her husband and he is without blame no matter the outcome. He is not required to have any evidence nor is he limited to how often he may require his wife to submit to the procedure.

    Given the conditions under which an abortion can be performed under current law why is it your perceived right to determine something as personal as the decision to keep a pregnancy, while at the same time vehemently opposed to education that helps deter pregnancy, contraception which does the same and financial aid for those that follow your desires. You just make no sense.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by pappillion001 View Post
    Chuckle, he is

    Would you like to get back to my point? Christian doctrine is used as a basis for the no exception position on abortion, but the bible permits the murder of the fetus without regard for the stage of pregnancy. The choice does not belong to the woman, but her husband and he is without blame no matter the outcome. He is not required to have any evidence nor is he limited to how often he may require his wife to submit to the procedure.

    Given the conditions under which an abortion can be performed under current law why is it your perceived right to determine something as personal as the decision to keep a pregnancy, while at the same time vehemently opposed to education that helps deter pregnancy, contraception which does the same and financial aid for those that follow your desires. You just make no sense.
    Once again, the passage you refer to incorporates a test for adultery and a possible judgment. It's not something a woman can take on a day to day basis to get rid of a baby she might not want. God doesn't provide for that. I know you wish he did, but he doesn't.

    And for the record, that which a lot of modern-day abortionists might want to get rid of are God's special creations.

    Exodus 4:11 - The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Late term abortions are only 1% of all abortions, ez argues as though all abortions are late term.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •