Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 172

Thread: The WHINER in Cheif is at it again.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    158

    The WHINER in Cheif is at it again.

    Today, in front of a crowd of brain dead Maryland Jr. College students who laughed and cheered the Whiner-in-Chief on because the successful indoctrination of their empty headed professors who filled their skulls with mush, the President claimed that his Republican opponents were nothing more than "flat earthers."

    So here we have it, from Mr. Hopey Changey himself, the GREAT self-proclaimed uniter filled with vitriol, hyperbole and outlandish rhetoric spewing what amounts to nothing more than lies in an effort to insult the other side in a desperate bid to convince what can only be described as the ignorant, to vote for him in the Fall.

    His speech today amounts to that of a grade school a temper tantrum. Heck, I am quite certain a grade school student could have done better even.

    But I can understand why; when your policies are nothing less than disastrous, when you spend the nation into $5 trillion debt in three short years, when every budget you submit has a shortfall of $1.3 trillion dollars, when your patently false claims that spending billions will prevent the unemployment rate from creeping above 8% and when you have managed to watch 5 million jobs evaporate over the short time you have been President.

    Oh I know you and your mind numbed minions want to continue to falsely claim that this is all Bush's fault. That the half billion thrown away to Solyndra and other "green" energy initiatives was not your fault.

    I know that you want the fools who support you to believe that the reason you are such a failure is not because you are completely inept as a President and economically a XXXXX, but because of those EVIL oil companies and those EVIL Wall streeters who won’t go along with your idiot tome that giving more of our hard earned wealth is a panacea for your idiot policies.

    The irony here Mr. Whiner-in-Chief is that eight years ago we heard from your side how $400 billion dollar deficits where terrible. Yet now $1.3 trillion is necessary.

    We heard how Bush was in bed with his Arab buddies when gas went to $4 a gallon, but today you claim that it has nothing to do with the office of the President and desperately defend the current $4 a gallon prices with your inept rhetoric.

    We heard from your side how 4.5% unemployment was not sufficient and how few jobs Bush created but now hear how 8.4% is a sign of recovery and the not one word of the 5 million jobs that have disappeared which is the ONLY reason the true unemployment rate is not reflected.

    Yes, the irony from the Democrats and liberals is they want to have it BOTH ways and with the assistance of their 1st amendment right media, they can re-write the story and fool gullible Americans into forgetting their laughably inane rhetoric, the lies, the distortions and rabid hate mongering of anyone who would present the facts to them and disagree with them.

    Yes Mr. Whiner-in-Chief, for you the Constitution is a burden and in the way. But alas, we the REAL people, the 100%, are thankful for it and cannot wait for November to get here so we can send your whiney pathetic arrogant buttocks packing back to the corrupt inept state of Illinois, home of the Blagojevich’s, where you belonged in the first place.

    I will be happy to pack for you.

    Oh and by the way, Rutherford B. Hayes was the FIRST President to embrace the telephone and had one installed in the White House. Perhaps if you got your FACTS straight before you bloviated ignorant about him, you would have known that. But alas, you are far better at ignorant little one liners and jokes than you are at coherent thinking and policy making.

    But not to fear, you were speaking to brain dead students in Maryland, a state which appears to be very good at spinning out brain dead liberals to vote for failed policies and empty headed politicians like you.

    Carry on!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    People keep saying how intelligent Obama is. I have a pet monkey that doesn't cause as much trouble as he does. The man is spiritually challenged to start with. After that he lies like a dog. Anytime the liar shows up on my TV I switch the channel. Next, he's supposed to be a Christian but he lies, supports abortion, runs up the debt, fails to protect the American people (Arizona border issues, etc.), supports openly gay individuals in the military, places a gaggle of imbeciles in high government positions, nominates radical left wing, butt-headed Supreme Court justices, fails to listen to the American people, bad-mouths our country, bows down like a dog to foreign dignitaries, violates his oath of office, keeps company with an ugly woman, is a reported adulterer (search Google with the words "Obama adultery"), and generally carries on like a three year old with a terminal case of the heebie jeebies. Oh yeah, he was too much of a wuss and yellow-bellied coward to enlist and serve his country. I think the Marines who are around him ought to give him the middle finger next time he looks for a salute.


    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The irony here Mr. Whiner-in-Chief is that eight years ago we heard from your side how $400 billion dollar deficits where terrible. Yet now $1.3 trillion is necessary.
    And all we heard from people like you was how $400 billion dollar deficits where necessary and $1.3 trillion is terrible.

    Hypocrite.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    158
    Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    The irony here Mr. Whiner-in-Chief is that eight years ago we heard from your side how $400 billion dollar deficits where terrible. Yet now $1.3 trillion is necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    And all we heard from people like you was how $400 billion dollar deficits where necessary and $1.3 trillion is terrible.

    Hypocrite.
    Once again you would be completely wrong Steve; but at least you are consistent.

    What you heard from people like me is that when you fight two wars of choice you tend to spend more than you take in.

    Yes Steve, another history lesson for you and facts so that you can be informed and not sound like a mindless parrot of empty headed DNC talking points; NO WARS HAVE EVER BEEN FOUGHT THAT DID NOT REQUIRE DEFICIT SPENDING.

    Now after making this argument, I went on to argue that with time and spending controls and a growing economy the deficit would be reduced.

    FACT: before Americans were DUPED by the lamestream media into voting Republicans out of the majority in Congress the deficit had come DOWN to $168 billion.

    FACT: after Democrats took over on a false platform of fiscal reform and discipline and balancing the budget they spent us into over $468 billion deficit eventually becoming what now appears to be semi-permanent $1.3 trillion deficits.

    Heck, the XXXXXX on the Democrat side of the aisle couldnt even pass the tax increases they love so much let alone even a budget their last three years in power with large majorities in congress and the White House; how pathetic is that? Yet you think the problem is with Republicans? Really Steve?

    I find it amusing that you continue to falsely fall for the idiot talking points being spoon fed to you.

    I consider educating you a public service so that instead of just running around forums looking foolish you at least get a few facts before you erupt in your usual uninformed vitriol.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Actually for most of history there were no banks large enough to finance an army and if you wanted to field one you had to show up with the money in hand so to speak. Since armies produce nothing every soldiers wage is always technically contributing to any deficit.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What you heard from people like me is that when you fight two wars of choice you tend to spend more than you take in.
    So your defense is "deficits were necessary"? HAHA, too funny.

    FACT: before Americans were DUPED by the lamestream media into voting Republicans out of the majority in Congress the deficit had come DOWN to $168 billion.
    It never got down to $168 billion unless you completely ignore certain transactions. If you strictly look at "debt outstanding" it was more like $500 billion.

    Nevertheless, there was a huge increase in FY08 compared to FY07 (the last year of a republican budget). You want to know what the major increases were?

    TROOP SURGE in Iraq = $125-$150 billion (half expended in FY08)
    *proposed and supported by republicans

    Increase in Veteran Affairs = $350 billion (a result of the two wars)
    *passed with almost all republican support

    Economic Stimulus Act of 08 = $152 billion
    *This last one was President Bush's baby with almost all republicans voted FOR the bill

    Looks to me like it was the republicans and democrats that created a huge deficit.

    FACT: after Democrats took over on a false platform of fiscal reform and discipline and balancing the budget they spent us into over $468 billion deficit eventually becoming what now appears to be semi-permanent $1.3 trillion deficits.
    Ummm, republicans hold the House right now which is where appropriations bills originate. Why blame "congress" above yet not here? Hypocrite maybe?

    Yet you think the problem is with Republicans?
    No, it's people like you who are too ignorant to see there is no difference in the republicans and democrats. Who created the largest entitlement program since Medicare? A republican. Who created a program that took more control over education at the federal government thus increasing the Dept. of Education increase their budget by close to 80% in 8 years? A republican. Which president oversaw the LARGEST deficits since WWII? A republican. Of the past 6 presidents, who was the only one to run a cash-basis surplus? A democrat.

    As for Romney, who I'm guessing is your team, here is what we see from his budgets:
    http://crfb.org/sites/default/files/primary_numbers.pdf

    Romney basically tracks the current president's proposed budgets.


    I'm happy to debate Bush's fiscal record with you. Clearly I'm more educated on the subject. Might I suggest you stop getting your facts from chain emails?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    Creeps! The mad babbling of creeps!
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    So your defense is "deficits were necessary"? HAHA, too funny.
    Really Steve; is that what I typed? Obviously you have a reading comprehension problem associated with your inability to distinguish facts and reality.

    Read what I said with an OPEN mind instead of the closed emotional state you apparently wallow in and get back to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    It never got down to $168 billion unless you completely ignore certain transactions. If you strictly look at "debt outstanding" it was more like $500 billion.
    Yes it did Steve; here is the link. READ and become informed instead of being a willing tool parroting DNC talking points all the time.

    Historical Tables | The White House

    Are you in a Union by any chance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Nevertheless, there was a huge increase in FY08 compared to FY07 (the last year of a republican budget). You want to know what the major increases were?
    It could not have been a Republican Budget when Republicans were in the MINORITY in Congress.

    I am always amused by those who merely parrot DNC talking points in a vacuum of reality or the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    TROOP SURGE in Iraq = $125-$150 billion (half expended in FY08)
    *proposed and supported by republicans
    Once again, I post a link to the actual data and you continue to pretend facts do not exist to support your irrational emotional arguments.

    Democrats were the ones in control since 2006; not Republicans. But equally facetious is your tedious desperate claims that war spending and increasing Veterans benefits caused the Federal Government’s permanent descent into trillion dollar deficits and 19 trillion in debt were the result of the MINORITY party’s efforts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Increase in Veteran Affairs = $350 billion (a result of the two wars)
    *passed with almost all republican support
    So you think Democrats were not in the majority again Steve? How uninformed can anyone possibly be. Why not blame Democrats who could have stopped the spending and passed tax increases? Oh that’s right, you don’t like REALITY do you Steve.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Economic Stimulus Act of 08 = $152 billion
    *This last one was President Bush's baby with almost all republicans voted FOR the bill
    You believe this act was responsible for the $5 trillion of additional debt and permanent $1.3 trillion deficits since Obama’s election? REALLY Steve?

    You have not just drank the DNC kool-aid, you’re swimming in it dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Looks to me like it was the republicans and democrats that created a huge deficit.
    Wrong; but at least you are tediously consistent.

    But again back to my original argument; I find it ironic that the uninformed who willingly parrot the false DNC rhetoric whined and complained about $400 billion deficits while fighting two wars of choice, yet now desperately defend the criminally irresponsible behavior exhibited by Democrats who when in total power sank this nation into $1.3 trillion deficits and piled on $5 trillion in additional debt on the American tax payers in merely three short years.

    You are the poster child for how XXXXXX on the left can continue to get elected after all the failures of an ideology so failed they have to impugn their opponents at the personal level rather than debate facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Ummm, republicans hold the House right now which is where appropriations bills originate. Why blame "congress" above yet not here? Hypocrite maybe?
    Once again you show an amazing propensity for not understanding how Government actually works and facts. So tell me Steve, how would Republicans be responsible when they merely cling to a slim majority in the House and have a Democrat President who impugns them with every chance in the public forum?

    Tell me how Democrats, after they controlled congress since 2006 and couldn’t even pass a budget in their last two years in TOTAL power with huge majorities in both the House and the Senate is not culpable but Republicans in the minority for less than half a year and who HAVE passed budgets that reduce the deficit somehow are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    No, it's people like you who are too ignorant to see there is no difference in the republicans and democrats.
    I find this insult laughably ironic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Who created the largest entitlement program since Medicare? A republican.
    Which program would that be Steve and when was it passed; or is this another of your “because you say so?”

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Who created a program that took more control over education at the federal government thus increasing the Dept. of Education increase their budget by close to 80% in 8 years? A republican.
    Which program would that be Steve and when was it passed; or is this another of your “because you say so?”

    By the way Steve, if you are talking about “no child left behind,” that program was authored by none other than Ted Kennedy, the hero of the uninformed left, and passed by HUGE bi-partisan support. Aren’t you and your fellow liberals the one who constantly tell us that Government works when there is bi-partisan cooperation; or is this just another convenient lie to promote an ideology that is a profound failure.

    The legislation was proposed by President George W. Bush on January 23, 2001. It was coauthored by Representatives John Boehner (R-OH), George Miller (D-CA), and Senators Edward Kennedy (D-MA) and Judd Gregg (R-NH). The United States House of Representatives passed the bill on May 23, 2001 (voting 384–45),[6] and the United States Senate passed it on June 14, 2001 (voting 91–8).[7] President Bush signed it into law on January 8, 2002.
    No Child Left Behind Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Which president oversaw the LARGEST deficits since WWII? A republican.
    Wrong; but at least you would be tediously consistent. That would be Obama and he has a “D” next to his name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Of the past 6 presidents, who was the only one to run a cash-basis surplus? A democrat.
    I am constantly amused at the desperate effort to promote Clinton as a deficit hawk. I guess if we pretend that the American people totally rejected the efforts of Clinton by voting in huge Republican majorities after his election to reign in his desperate bid to tax and spend, then yes, you can PRETEND that Clinton had anything to do with balancing the budget.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    As for Romney, who I'm guessing is your team, here is what we see from his budgets:
    http://crfb.org/sites/default/files/primary_numbers.pdf
    I am amused that you think a POLITICAL document is a defense for the fiscally criminal behavior of this President and his Democrat apparatchiks? REALLY Steve?


    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Romney basically tracks the current president's proposed budgets.
    Only because the left say so; how trite and juvenile to think one can score Romney’s campaign rhetoric before an election even occurs or a budget is introduced. But then fabricating reality is something liberals like you are best at.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    I'm happy to debate Bush's fiscal record with you. Clearly I'm more educated on the subject. Might I suggest you stop getting your facts from chain emails?
    This truly comedic Steve; not only are your arguments emotionally uninformed and lacking in facts and rationality, but you think you are educated on these topics while avoiding reality and the facts. We call this denial Steve; don’t do denial.

    The only one posting chain mail quotes would be you in your constant parroting of DNC lies and distortions. But that is okay, I am here to correct you and educate you with the facts. Or at least keep slapping you with them until you finally get it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Yes it did Steve; here is the link. READ and become informed instead of being a willing tool parroting DNC talking points all the time.

    Historical Tables | The White House
    I'm just not a f*cking idiot is all. Like I said, you completely ignored the borrowing from the SS Trust Fund. Go look at either the accrual basis financial statements, which showed a $275 billion deficit, or the actual debt outstanding at Sept 30, 2007, which showed close to a $500 billion deficit.

    It's no wonder out financial situation is so messed up...people like you think some borrowing "doesn't count".

    It could not have been a Republican Budget when Republicans were in the MINORITY in Congress.
    You are dumber than I thought. FY07 is from Oct 1 2006 to September 30, 2007. A budget was passed prior to October 1, 2006 and the 110th Congress didn't start until Jan 3, 2007. They already had an operating budget. Furthermore, you use FY07 in your argument above.

    Once again, I post a link to the actual data and you continue to pretend facts do not exist to support your irrational emotional arguments.

    Democrats were the ones in control since 2006; not Republicans. But equally facetious is your tedious desperate claims that war spending and increasing Veterans benefits caused the Federal Government’s permanent descent into trillion dollar deficits and 19 trillion in debt were the result of the MINORITY party’s efforts.
    You said that when democrats took over control of congress that they went on a spending spree. Truth is, the spending spree was bipartisan. The largest increases in FY08 were the troop surge, veteran benefits, and the Economic Stimulus Act of 08. All of these were Bush supported and voted on my an overwhelming number of republicans.

    You believe this act was responsible for the $5 trillion of additional debt and permanent $1.3 trillion deficits since Obama’s election?
    Moving the goal posts are we? You want to know why we have trillion dollar deficits from here on out? Defense spending and mandatory spending .

    At this point I think we can all agree I'm more educated on the Federal budget and spending than you. As such, i'll give you some fun facts to play with (all available on the spreadsheet YOU linked to).

    • On a year to year basis the Bush budgets have gone up more than any Obama budget other than FY09 which was both Bush and Obama (Bush with Tarp and Obama with 4 months of Stimulus).
    • Looking at FY07 compared to FY11, the budget increased around $1 trillion. The overwhelming contributors to this are Defense increases, Social Security, Medicare/caid, Other entitlements (like unemployment,welfare), and Veteran Affairs. Those are either mandatory spending or VOTED by republicans and democrats.
    • Decrease in revenues due to the recession accounts for 30-40% of the increase in the deficit.



    Wrong; but at least you are tediously consistent.

    I find it ironic that the uninformed who willingly parrot the false DNC rhetoric whined and complained about $400 billion deficits while fighting two wars of choice, yet now desperately defend the criminally irresponsible behavior exhibited by Democrats who when in total power sank this nation into $1.3 trillion deficits and piled on $5 trillion in additional debt on the American tax payers in merely three short years.
    I find it ironic that you are so uninformed and will willing parrot Sean Hannity who complains about entitlements and $1.3 trillion deficits but didn't care when Bush was laying the foundation for a lot of it. No doubt Obama and Bush are two peas from the same pod.

    Once again you show an amazing propensity for not understanding how Government actually works and facts. So tell me Steve, how would Republicans be responsible when they merely cling to a slim majority in the House and have a Democrat President who impugns them with every chance in the public forum?

    Tell me how Democrats, after they controlled congress since 2006 and couldn’t even pass a budget in their last two years in TOTAL power with huge majorities in both the House and the Senate is not culpable but Republicans in the minority for less than half a year and who HAVE passed budgets that reduce the deficit somehow are.
    You seemed to think when Democrats took power in 2007 that they were solely responsible for the increased budget deficits...even with a republican president. Now the tables are turned and the rules are different? You hypocrite.

    Which program would that be Steve and when was it passed
    Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act you idiot.

    Our Comptroller General called it "the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s". I couldn't agree more.

    Which program would that be Steve and when was it passed; or is this another of your “because you say so?”

    By the way Steve, if you are talking about “no child left behind,” that program was authored by none other than Ted Kennedy, the hero of the uninformed left, and passed by HUGE bi-partisan support. Aren’t you and your fellow liberals the one who constantly tell us that Government works when there is bi-partisan cooperation; or is this just another convenient lie to promote an ideology that is a profound failure.
    See, of course you defend this trash because you like big government...just only when your team is in power. Hypocrite.

    I am constantly amused at the desperate effort to promote Clinton as a deficit hawk. I guess if we pretend that the American people totally rejected the efforts of Clinton by voting in huge Republican majorities after his election to reign in his desperate bid to tax and spend, then yes, you can PRETEND that Clinton had anything to do with balancing the budget.
    In one sentence you blame the democrat president for deficits and in the next you claim there is no way a democrat president can be responsible for a "surplus"? You are a hypocrite. The reality is Clinton wasn't a deficit Hawk but he was better than any other modern president. Bush and Obama are the worst.

    Unlike you I don't see a "D" and assume everything is bad and see a "R" and assume it is all good. I actually look at facts. Try it sometime.

    I am amused that you think a POLITICAL document is a defense for the fiscally criminal behavior of this President and his Democrat apparatchiks? REALLY Steve?
    I'm amused you can't see that your boy Romney is just as bad with deficits as Obama and Bush before him.


    Only because the left say so
    Who are you talking about? Did you see that report? It is bi-partisan, if not conservative based. Wow you are blind.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    At this point I think we can all agree I'm more educated on the Federal budget and spending than you. As such, i'll give you some fun facts to play with (all available on the spreadsheet YOU linked to).

    • On a year to year basis the Bush budgets have gone up more than any Obama budget other than FY09 which was both Bush and Obama (Bush with Tarp and Obama with 4 months of Stimulus).
    • Looking at FY07 compared to FY11, the budget increased around $1 trillion. The overwhelming contributors to this are Defense increases, Social Security, Medicare/caid, Other entitlements (like unemployment,welfare), and Veteran Affairs. Those are either mandatory spending or VOTED by republicans and democrats.
    • Decrease in revenues due to the recession accounts for 30-40% of the increase in the deficit.

    If you look at the CBOs baseline adjustment (http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...rojections.pdf) the single largest contributor to the current deficit is the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act ("bush tax cuts") Followed by the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act,another republican abortion. Of course, the biggest driver in mandatory spending growth was none other than the Medicare prescription drug program, yet ANOTHER republican, Bush era abortion (that was him shamelessly buying the votes he needed from seniors to get his second term).

    Pretending that if we put the republicans back in charge they will put our fiscal house back in order is foolish. The republican party has become the party of stupid. They have become even bigger spenders than the democrats.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by daewoo View Post
    If you look at the CBOs baseline adjustment (http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...rojections.pdf) the single largest contributor to the current deficit is the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act ("bush tax cuts") Followed by the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act,another republican abortion. Of course, the biggest driver in mandatory spending growth was none other than the Medicare prescription drug program, yet ANOTHER republican, Bush era abortion (that was him shamelessly buying the votes he needed from seniors to get his second term).
    What's odd is ALL of those were extended by Obama or Obama came up with his own version of it. Instead of Medicare Part D we got ObamaCare (which won't cut the deficit I don't care how many times they claim that).

    And yet we have "Truth Detector" here claiming there is some massive difference between the two. I'm convinced Bush left his copy of "Being a President For Dummies" in the Oval Office and Obama decided to use it because he didn't know what else to do.

    The one guy running for office saying maybe this won't end well is written off as a lunatic..you know...the same guy they said was a lunatic for saying their was a housing bubble back in 2001.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    What's odd is ALL of those were extended by Obama or Obama came up with his own version of it. Instead of Medicare Part D we got ObamaCare (which won't cut the deficit I don't care how many times they claim that).

    And yet we have "Truth Detector" here claiming there is some massive difference between the two. I'm convinced Bush left his copy of "Being a President For Dummies" in the Oval Office and Obama decided to use it because he didn't know what else to do.

    The one guy running for office saying maybe this won't end well is written off as a lunatic..you know...the same guy they said was a lunatic for saying their was a housing bubble back in 2001.
    Of course. What kind of nut job would believe that if we stop contributing to the death and oppression of millions of Arabs that they might stop hating our guts? We dont need that kind of elitist, commie logic garbage!!

    Both parties have been MASSIVE spenders...though I honestly believe the republicans have been worse. It really pains me to say that, because I voted for and supported the worst offenders. I had no idea that Bush was going to enact the biggest unfunded social welfare program in the history of the USA, and then let the drug companies write it so the net result would be higher prescription costs for seniors and trillions of dollars funneled straight to the drug companies. I did not know that he was going to more or less randomly invade Iraq for no reason and stick us in a trillion $+ no win situation. It never occurred to me that he would invade Afghanistan to get one guy that our special forces could have captured or killed in the first 5 days.

    Sadly, I also did not realize that the fiscally conservative talk that we were being bombarded with by the republicans in congress was complete and utter BS and they were getting ready to embark on the biggest spending spree in US history.

    That is actually why I have trouble being too hard on Obama when it comes to the economy. He walked into such a horrible, horrible situation that I am not sure what I would have done in his shoes. Iraq and Afghanistan were both complete and utter messes (and failures), the economy was shot and there was little or nothing the white house could do to fix it (bailouts had already been passed and our course forward was already charted at that point). There is a republican house in there and lets face it, they are just ignorant fools when it comes to the economy.

    That is where I do come down on Obama pretty hard. He has played WAY too much "go along to get along" when what he needs to do is stand up and explain to the American people that the republicans in the house are STUPID and they are LYING to them when it comes to the budget and our economy. There is no question that they are.

    The democrats certainly have their fair share of liars and thieves as well. Honestly, I think he has done a better job of taking some of them to task than he has the republicans. Most of them, though, just seem to want to get through the next election.

    Frankly, my views pretty much mirror those of Dylan Ratigan:

    Abandon the Bought Congress like Teddy Roosevelt Did-Dylan Ratigan - YouTube
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by daewoo View Post
    That is where I do come down on Obama pretty hard. He has played WAY too much "go along to get along" when what he needs to do is stand up and explain to the American people that the republicans in the house are STUPID and they are LYING to them when it comes to the budget and our economy. There is no question that they are.

    The democrats certainly have their fair share of liars and thieves as well. Honestly, I think he has done a better job of taking some of them to task than he has the republicans. Most of them, though, just seem to want to get through the next election.

    Frankly, my views pretty much mirror those of Dylan Ratigan:

    Abandon the Bought Congress like Teddy Roosevelt Did-Dylan Ratigan - YouTube
    See, I just feel he is in over his head. If you don't know what you are getting into, don't apply for the job. It wasn't exactly a mystery that we were totally screwed back in 2007/08. And if you can get beyond the fact that he had no idea what to do, I certainly can't back that the best thing he could come up with is continuing the Bush presidency. Yeah the republicans have been lying about the economy and budget non-stop but it wasn't long ago when it was the democrats doing the same thing.

    This is why I see no difference. I had a debate at work today on whether or not people should compromise. My position was that you compromise ideas, not principles. We currently have a Congress that happily compromises principles but refuses to compromise ideas. If your position is that it is immoral to strap our children with debt then compromise on the ideas of balancing a budget (tax increase, spending reduction, etc). What did we actually get? They compromised on balancing the budget by just deciding to kick the can but held steady on their ideas...no tax increases and no reductions in entitlements.

    Needless to say everyone thought I was insane.
    Last edited by Steeeeve; 03-19-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    The liberals are the biggest spenders in history, racking up trillions of dollars in debt. Ted Kennedy was probably the biggest spender of all during his time in the Senate. First they create a victim class of people and then they create a huge federal bureaucracy and entitlement program to take care of them. They've been doing it for ages.

    Conservatives generally try to balance the budget by cutting spending. Liberals, if they are ever held to balancing a budget, do it by raising taxes.

    Obama said his budget would cut the deficit by $2-3 trillion over 10 years. Now the CBO is saying it will add to it by some $3.5 trillion more - a swing of almost $6 trillion dollars. And nobody's doing anything about it. In fact, the big-spending liberals are going to vote for that drunken-sailor spender-in-chief Obama again. Imbeciles.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    The liberals are the biggest spenders in history
    By what account? I realize you are delusional and without facts but surely you can look at the deficits between 2001 and 2009 and see it wasn't just democrats.

    Sometimes I get the impression you think this is just some big game and we are all playing along. It would be something if, for once, you'd get your head out of your a$$ and actually LOOK at the evidence some of us present. And I say that in all seriousness and with all due respect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •