Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Why do not all see God?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Why do not all see God?

    Because we not all stupid.
    This bloke is tailor made for you Accipiter ...good hunting

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    Yes, and unimaginable limits of universe is the direct evidence of the miracle.
    What evidence of a this event is there, and how do you claim it is possible through an unimaginable absolute god, and finally why do you call it unimaginable when by the very act of communicating it you prove we can both imagine it?
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Should that occur, ER will be in the mob screaming and demanding that Christ be crucified.
    You're either a liar or you're deranged. It's the left wing zombies like you who are always the ones who kick Christ out of the schools, etc.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    You're either a liar or you're deranged. It's the left wing zombies like you who are always the ones who kick Christ out of the schools, etc.
    You know why the bible loses every time it goes to court over teaching religion in school?

    It's because logical fallacy is unacceptable by law.

    Same reason you mor ons will eventualy loose on the gay marriage issue.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    You know why the bible loses every time it goes to court over teaching religion in school?

    It's because logical fallacy is unacceptable by law.

    Same reason you mor ons will eventualy loose on the gay marriage issue.
    You're deranged. I suspect you have a terminal case of hemorrhoids.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  6. #21
    dattaswami Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What evidence of a this event is there, and how do you claim it is possible through an unimaginable absolute god, and finally why do you call it unimaginable when by the very act of communicating it you prove we can both imagine it?
    In such case, you cannot use the word “Unimaginable” at all! Then, why that word is created? What is the meaning of that word? If you choose that way, silence only indicates God and some have followed this way also. Suppose you say, “I cannot utter that”. Does this mean that you have uttered that? Therefore, it is one and the same to indicate God through silence or through the word unimaginable. If a word is not assigned, mention of God becomes impossible in the spiritual knowledge. Veda uses the word “Unimaginable” for God (Atarkyah…Aprameyah…).

    The trace of gold in the alloy is invisible but becomes visible through microscope (Huamn incarnation is a combination of Son of God (a best devotee) and God). The wave nature and particle nature are visible through microscope only and both are imaginable to scientific logic. The unimaginable God is beyond space and has no spatial dimensions. Other than God, all the items in the creation including souls are imaginable because they have spatial dimensions.

    After all, the soul is nervous energy, which is in the form of propagating waves and it is only a specific special work form of inert energy generated from the inert energy in the functioning nervous system. It is just like the grinding work, which is a specific and special work form of current energy generated in working grinding machine.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,714
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    In such case, you cannot use the word “Unimaginable” at all! Then, why that word is created? What is the meaning of that word? If you choose that way, silence only indicates God and some have followed this way also. Suppose you say, “I cannot utter that”. Does this mean that you have uttered that? Therefore, it is one and the same to indicate God through silence or through the word unimaginable. If a word is not assigned, mention of God becomes impossible in the spiritual knowledge. Veda uses the word “Unimaginable” for God (Atarkyah…Aprameyah…).

    The trace of gold in the alloy is invisible but becomes visible through microscope (Huamn incarnation is a combination of Son of God (a best devotee) and God). The wave nature and particle nature are visible through microscope only and both are imaginable to scientific logic. The unimaginable God is beyond space and has no spatial dimensions. Other than God, all the items in the creation including souls are imaginable because they have spatial dimensions.

    After all, the soul is nervous energy, which is in the form of propagating waves and it is only a specific special work form of inert energy generated from the inert energy in the functioning nervous system. It is just like the grinding work, which is a specific and special work form of current energy generated in working grinding machine.
    How do you know that god is unimaginable?

    Did you read it in a book or are you just making stuff up?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    In such case, you cannot use the word “Unimaginable” at all! Then, why that word is created? What is the meaning of that word? If you choose that way, silence only indicates God and some have followed this way also. Suppose you say, “I cannot utter that”. Does this mean that you have uttered that? Therefore, it is one and the same to indicate God through silence or through the word unimaginable. If a word is not assigned, mention of God becomes impossible in the spiritual knowledge. Veda uses the word “Unimaginable” for God (Atarkyah…Aprameyah…).
    You said the miracle was unimaginable and then you described one.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  9. #24
    dattaswami Guest

    God alone can preach about Himself

    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    How do you know that god is unimaginable?

    Did you read it in a book or are you just making stuff up?
    God is unimaginable-that information comes only from God Himself. God alone can preach about Himself
    The Veda says that the Lord alone knows about Himself (Brahma vit Brahmaiva). The Gita says that nobody other than the Lord can know the Lord. Some people misinterpret this Vedic statement as “He who knows Brahman becomes Brahman”. But this interpretation contradicts the Gita because the Gita says that nobody other than the Brahman can know Brahman. The conclusion of this is that the Lord alone can preach about the Lord or Himself.

    Therefore, from this point of view also the Lord has to come down in human form to preach about Himself. When the Lord preaches, He preaches the concept very clearly. Based on this knowledge, you will naturally conclude that the Preacher is the Lord Himself. This is inevitable with any human incarnation.

    If you have any doubt about the preacher being the Lord, you can analyse His knowledge. First you must see whether He is quoting the scriptures as a support while introducing the concepts. Then you must apply the faculty of your analysis and see whether His interpretations are logical.

    When you are satisfied with His divine knowledge in all angles and if such knowledge indicates Him as the Lord you must accept Him. If you are unable to do this, you are covered by jealousy and egoism. Shankara says that the knowledge to identify Brahman (Brahma Jnana) should be heard only after purifying your mind from egoism and jealousy.

  10. #25
    dattaswami Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What evidence of a this event is there, and how do you claim it is possible through an unimaginable absolute god, and finally why do you call it unimaginable when by the very act of communicating it you prove we can both imagine it?
    The Universe is infinite with unimaginable beginning and unimaginable end. This means the cause from which the Universe started and the same cause in which the Universe ends on dissolution is the unimaginable God. Mud is the beginning stage of the pot and also the end stage since the pot ends in the mud on destruction. The Universe exhibits the unimaginable God by its unimaginable limits of beginning and end. The space is generated from God and the dissolution of space can only show the real nature of its cause (God).

    When the chain is dissolved in fire, then only the gold lump, which is the cause of the chain, appears in its original form. But even if you imagine for millions of years, you can never imagine the dissolution of space and therefore you can never imagine the original nature of God. God is beyond space and God is the permanently unknowable region even for the intelligence enriched with science and logic.

    Hence, God is a permanent wonder and the creation consists of some knowable regions of knowledge without any wonder and also some temporarily unimaginable regions with temporary wonder. Now the word Maya can be used for the wonder, which is both permanent (God) and which is temporary also (the deeper layers of the world up to the space).

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    The Universe is infinite with unimaginable beginning and unimaginable end. This means the cause from which the Universe started and the same cause in which the Universe ends on dissolution is the unimaginable God. Mud is the beginning stage of the pot and also the end stage since the pot ends in the mud on destruction. The Universe exhibits the unimaginable God by its unimaginable limits of beginning and end. The space is generated from God and the dissolution of space can only show the real nature of its cause (God).

    When the chain is dissolved in fire, then only the gold lump, which is the cause of the chain, appears in its original form. But even if you imagine for millions of years, you can never imagine the dissolution of space and therefore you can never imagine the original nature of God. God is beyond space and God is the permanently unknowable region even for the intelligence enriched with science and logic.

    Hence, God is a permanent wonder and the creation consists of some knowable regions of knowledge without any wonder and also some temporarily unimaginable regions with temporary wonder. Now the word Maya can be used for the wonder, which is both permanent (God) and which is temporary also (the deeper layers of the world up to the space).
    How do you know the disillusion of space is a being as opposed to a gold nugget?
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,714
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    God is unimaginable-that information comes only from God Himself. God alone can preach about Himself
    The Veda says that the Lord alone knows about Himself (Brahma vit Brahmaiva). The Gita says that nobody other than the Lord can know the Lord. Some people misinterpret this Vedic statement as “He who knows Brahman becomes Brahman”. But this interpretation contradicts the Gita because the Gita says that nobody other than the Brahman can know Brahman. The conclusion of this is that the Lord alone can preach about the Lord or Himself.

    Therefore, from this point of view also the Lord has to come down in human form to preach about Himself. When the Lord preaches, He preaches the concept very clearly. Based on this knowledge, you will naturally conclude that the Preacher is the Lord Himself. This is inevitable with any human incarnation.

    If you have any doubt about the preacher being the Lord, you can analyse His knowledge. First you must see whether He is quoting the scriptures as a support while introducing the concepts. Then you must apply the faculty of your analysis and see whether His interpretations are logical.

    When you are satisfied with His divine knowledge in all angles and if such knowledge indicates Him as the Lord you must accept Him. If you are unable to do this, you are covered by jealousy and egoism. Shankara says that the knowledge to identify Brahman (Brahma Jnana) should be heard only after purifying your mind from egoism and jealousy.
    So in other words you read about it in a book or books written by humans.

    That does not prove anything except that people write books, millions of them, many are fiction.

    If you ask the question what is most probable, a man writing a book or a god writing a book the overwhelming likely hood is that man wrote the book.

    We have no viable evidence that god exists at all but people are all over the place and they write books.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,526
    Quote Originally Posted by dattaswami View Post
    The Universe is infinite with unimaginable beginning and unimaginable end. This means the cause from which the Universe started and the same cause in which the Universe ends on dissolution is the unimaginable God. Mud is the beginning stage of the pot and also the end stage since the pot ends in the mud on destruction. The Universe exhibits the unimaginable God by its unimaginable limits of beginning and end. The space is generated from God and the dissolution of space can only show the real nature of its cause (God).

    When the chain is dissolved in fire, then only the gold lump, which is the cause of the chain, appears in its original form. But even if you imagine for millions of years, you can never imagine the dissolution of space and therefore you can never imagine the original nature of God. God is beyond space and God is the permanently unknowable region even for the intelligence enriched with science and logic.

    Hence, God is a permanent wonder and the creation consists of some knowable regions of knowledge without any wonder and also some temporarily unimaginable regions with temporary wonder. Now the word Maya can be used for the wonder, which is both permanent (God) and which is temporary also (the deeper layers of the world up to the space).
    if freedom ever becomes a Jesus freak he is going to write s**t just like you do. But, I admit you are slightly less incoherent than him, not by much though.

  14. #29
    dattaswami Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    So in other words you read about it in a book or books written by humans.

    That does not prove anything except that people write books, millions of them, many are fiction.

    If you ask the question what is most probable, a man writing a book or a god writing a book the overwhelming likely hood is that man wrote the book.

    We have no viable evidence that god exists at all but people are all over the place and they write books.
    No. God comes in human form to preach this. God is in Me..

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,526
    God is in you?

    How do you know God is in you ?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •