Thread: Does Newt still have a shot?

Does Newt still have a shot?

Well it looks like Newt will be losing heavily in Florida , latest polls have him back down by double digits. Does anyone think he will Drop out after this week, or will he continue and try to make it through Super Tuesday?.

Personally I hope he stays in a bit longer and perhaps puts up another comeback. All this in fighting is helping the Liberal Cause , well that and the fact that the economy is getting better.

What do you think.. Does Newt still have a shot at the nomination?
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Well it looks like Newt will be losing heavily in Florida , latest polls have him back down by double digits. Does anyone think he will Drop out after this week, or will he continue and try to make it through Super Tuesday?.

Personally I hope he stays in a bit longer and perhaps puts up another comeback. All this in fighting is helping the Liberal Cause , well that and the fact that the economy is getting better.

What do you think.. Does Newt still have a shot at the nomination?
    It depends.

We can count on the republicans doing the DUMBEST possible thing. So the real question is, who is the bigger disaster in waiting....Romney or Newt. If in fact, it turns out that News would be a bigger disaster than Romney, then not only does he have a shot, his nomination is a sure thing.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    The more Newt and Romney slug each other, the better Ron Paul looks. I hope they fight for months. If Ron Paul is out before PA, I won't be voting. If he doesn't run as a 3rd party candidate in the general election, likewise, I will not be voting.

Picking between Romney, Santorum, Newt, or Obama is choosing the lesser of 4 evils (if there is a "lesser"...they all scare me). I refuse to vote for evil. Maybe if I'm really motivated, I'll show up and write Ron Paul in.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by daewoo View Post
    It depends.

We can count on the republicans doing the DUMBEST possible thing. So the real question is, who is the bigger disaster in waiting....Romney or Newt. If in fact, it turns out that News would be a bigger disaster than Romney, then not only does he have a shot, his nomination is a sure thing.
    The dumbest possible thing is not necessarily nominating the biggest idiot. Like 2008, I suspect the republicans will nominate the person they think will win because of support by "moderates". Little does the republican party know, "Moderate" is just a word for people who have the critical thinking skills of a fruit-fly. They are the kind of people who vote for a person because "they would like to have a beer with them" or "they looked good kissing a baby". People like this tend to always vote democrat because the democrat platform tends to be a little more touchy feely. So at the end of the day the true conservatives don't vote for the republican and neither do the "moderates". You are left with the 30ish% of the people who vote republican no matter what plus 10-15% who caved and voted for the lesser of two evils.

This is why Obama will win short of him doing something incredibly silly; such as making enough liberals mad that they don't vote.

In the off chance you do nominate Newt, you basically give energy to a democrat base which is otherwise a little disappointed with their savior. So again, game over.