Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: On Gay Marriage, Media Gives Obama a Pass

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Both ez and jyoshu are struggling with their own repressed homosexual feelings.
    LOL, you wish.
    “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” - Reagan

    "A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."
    - C. S. Lewis

    "I suffer more harassment as a former homosexual than I ever did as an out and proud homosexual." - Greg Quinlan, PFOX

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    My point is that if these things have happened once, under the same Constitution we currently have, then they can happen again.
    So what would you do, put a gay-protection amendment in the constitution?
    “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” - Reagan

    "A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."
    - C. S. Lewis

    "I suffer more harassment as a former homosexual than I ever did as an out and proud homosexual." - Greg Quinlan, PFOX

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    LOL, you wish.
    Latent homosexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    So what would you do, put a gay-protection amendment in the constitution?
    In a way. What needs to happen is an amendment that restricts religion and religions role in society.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

    "Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Both ez and jyoshu are struggling with their own repressed homosexual feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    LOL, you wish.
    That wasn't a "no".
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision" - Bertrand Russell

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    In a way. What needs to happen is an amendment that restricts religion and religions role in society.
    That would be in direct contradiction of the ninth amendment of the constitution.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,799
    Quote Originally Posted by thelmoose View Post
    That wasn't a "no".
    Tell ya what, I'll just assume you and Accipiter are struggling with repressed Christianity, and we'll call it even. Since both assertions are likely equally true.
    Last edited by jyoshu; 01-30-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” - Reagan

    "A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."
    - C. S. Lewis

    "I suffer more harassment as a former homosexual than I ever did as an out and proud homosexual." - Greg Quinlan, PFOX

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    Tell ya what, I'll just assume you and Accipiter are struggling with repressed Christianity, and we'll call it even. Since both assertions are likely equally true.
    And your refusal to accept that there are gay affirming christian sects, which are currently having their religious freedom restricted in favor of the anti gay christian sects.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

    "Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    Tell ya what, I'll just assume you and Accipiter are struggling with repressed Christianity, and we'll call it even. Since both assertions are likely equally true.
    I seriously doubt you could find any references supporting your argument and your entire statement is a logical fallacy.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,719
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    Tell ya what, I'll just assume you and Accipiter are struggling with repressed Christianity, and we'll call it even. Since both assertions are likely equally true.
    Latent Christianity?
    Yeah, that exists. I've heard of that.
    Makes perfect sense.
    "Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge" - Charles Darwin

    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision" - Bertrand Russell

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    11,799
    Quote Originally Posted by thelmoose View Post
    Latent Christianity?
    Yeah, that exists. I've heard of that.
    Makes perfect sense.
    Well, there ya go.
    “We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” - Reagan

    "A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading."
    - C. S. Lewis

    "I suffer more harassment as a former homosexual than I ever did as an out and proud homosexual." - Greg Quinlan, PFOX

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    What needs to happen is an amendment that restricts religion and religions role in society.
    What we need is a gigantic shrimp boat to haul all the Biblically-challenged Sodomites off to Iran.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    What we need is a gigantic shrimp boat to haul all the Biblically-challenged Sodomites off to Iran.
    Why did Peter think the dietary laws of the old testament still applied even after Jesus death if, as you claim, Jesus invalidated them?

    Why did the disciples and the apostles both specifically and directly condone slavery if Jesus thought it was wrong (I will not even ask why Jesus never, in his entire life, said it was wrong if he felt it was)?

    Why did Jesus specifically and unequivocally say that the old testament laws still applied if they did not?

    Why did God specifically and unequivocally say that he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for arrogance and failing to help the poor and needy if it was secretly all about gay sex (which frankly I think we have proven was not actually occurring at any point in the story)?
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    What we need is a gigantic shrimp boat to haul all the Biblically-challenged Sodomites off to Iran.
    I would say that needs to happen to you and those who think like you. You want to live in a theocracy then haul yourself off to Saudi Arabia, Iran, or one of those other religious countries. The USA needs to keep religion out of government period.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

    "Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    I would say that needs to happen to you and those who think like you. You want to live in a theocracy then haul yourself off to Saudi Arabia, Iran, or one of those other religious countries. The USA needs to keep religion out of government period.
    Have you considered bringing suit against government for maintaining anti-homosexual laws because they contradict with the separation of church and state clause of the constitution?
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •