Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa Caususes - Results

Iowa Caususes - Results

As of writing Rick Santorum is up by 37 votes over Romney. Looks like game over for Ron Paul and another four years for Obama.

Romney, Santorum deadlocked with 95 percent of vote in | Iowa Caucuses

Any thoughts on the results tonight?

I've been telling people that Obama will win again: the Republican challenger doesn't matter.
    He Lived in the Perfect Midfield Time

To hear Ron Paul tell it he acted as if he had just won . With Romney coming in second, or possibly taking the lead at the end he seems to be the one to beat for sure now, but it won't be easy for him. He may win New Hampshire but I have doubts he can win South Carolina or Florida.. or any other State in the south.. so he won't get a cake walk to the nomination by any means.

Once again Ron Paul support falls flat when it counted...
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    As of writing Rick Santorum is up by 37 votes over Romney. Looks like game over for Ron Paul and another four years for Obama.

Ron Paul is an appeaser of evil and a nitwit. It's great he lost.

And Obama can go soak his head. He's a lame duck whether he wins or loses.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Ron Paul is an appeaser of evil and a nitwit.
    Yeah, respecting people and life is evil and makes you a nitwit.

Santorum? REALLY???????

And once again, the religious right makes us all embarrassed to be republicans.

Did they even bother to google the guy, or did they just go "well he hates gays, and I hate gays, so he must be an OK guy".

IMO this does make the race a whole new ballgame. It looks like Perry and Bachman are going to drop out because they have finally realized they look silly trying to run for president. Newt looks like he is staying in. Santorum is a nitwit and corrupt as hell (can we say K street project), so there is no way he is going to win the nomination...I would be surprised if he managed to break 15% in any other state.

I am still holding out hope for Paul. He pointed out today that he got one of 3 tickets out of Iowa, and only 2 of the candidates who got those tickets have shown an ability to raise money or run a national campaign.

I expect to be disappointed.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by daewoo View Post
    Santorum? REALLY???????

And once again, the religious right makes us all embarrassed to be republicans.
    It's embarrassing to be Christian too! Santorum is the "respect life by killing the gays and Muslims" candidate. I'm sure Jesus is on board with that...

It's embarrassing to be Christian too! Santorum is the "respect life by killing the gays and Muslims" candidate. I'm sure Jesus is on board with that...
    What are you talking about, turkey? You have a scriptural issue to argue then cite the specific passage(s) and make your case. Otherwise you're not making an ounce of sense.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

He has been making it embarrassing to be a christian for YEARS. That is nothing new. I have actually wondered if Easyrider is not some kind of atheist plant, sitting at home laughing maniacally about how ignorant and hate filled he makes christians look.
    If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. —Samuel Adams

Admittedly I don't know much about Santorum or what he has done in the past, Could someone shed some light as to what makes him unelectable?.. I know he's extreme right Christian but So are all the others, except Romney and I don't think he really knows what he believes as it changes by the day....

Looks like Perry is staying in at least through South Carolina.. and I'm waiting to see what Huntsman will do in New Hampshire.. I don't expect he'll do much but who knows given the craziness of this year....

Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by daewoo View Post
    He has been making it embarrassing to be a christian for YEARS. That is nothing new. I have actually wondered if Easyrider is not some kind of atheist plant, sitting at home laughing maniacally about how ignorant and hate filled he makes christians look.
    More stupidity. A clue for you from righterreport.com:

Why was John the Baptist beheaded? Was he a reed swayed by the breeze of political correctness? Was John one of those guys who wanted everyone to be his buddy? Was he someone who sought after his own well-being and personal indulgences? John the Baptist spoke out strongly against the corrupt religious leaders of his day. He went after King Herod and reminded him of his adultery. He called the Sadducees and Pharisees a “Brood of Vipers!” He wasn’t playing the world’s game and looking out for his own welfare and popularity. He wasn’t practicing “tolerance” and preaching a watered-down gospel that sends people to hell. He was preaching the word of God, trying to turn someone to repentance and salvation, and for that he was labeled a troublemaker and eventually put to death.

Why was Paul beaten and persecuted? Why was James put to death with the sword? Why were the prophets and the apostles martyred? They didn’t go after these guys for preaching love and tolerance. They went after them because they exposed sin, corruption, and idolatry, and took a stand for what’s right in the eyes of God. The world couldn’t handle it. The world stood convicted of its sin, and in order to justify its own worldliness and unrighteousness it chose instead to kill the messengers.

That's you and those who think like you.

You stiff-necked people with uncircumcised hearts and ears!
    You always resist the Holy Spirit.
    - Acts 7:51

Now go repent, before God takes you off the earth and casts you down into the Pit.
    Last edited by Easyrider; 01-05-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Admittedly I don't know much about Santorum or what he has done in the past, Could someone shed some light as to what makes him unelectable?.. I know he's extreme right Christian but So are all the others, except Romney and I don't think he really knows what he believes as it changes by the day....
    In a nutshell (pun intended), Santorum is extreme right wing. His positions include:

-being rabidly anti-gay

-anti-abortion in any case (although he has voted for planned parenthood funding in the past)

-pro big, intrusive government that should legislate what consenting adults can do in their own bedrooms

-pro war (supports continued full scale engagement in Iraq, Afghanistan/Pakistan, and openly claims to want military conflict with Iran).

-anti-muslim (or pretty much any other non-christian)

-believes that government has the responsibility and duty to legislate morality

-believes that AGW/AGCC are conspiracy theories designed to allow government more control

-thinks we should "drill everywhere"

-does not believe the constitution provides a right to privacy

-does not support the use of contraceptives, and believes states should have the right to ban them

Basically...he's a catholic Easyrider with a nice suit.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post
    In a nutshell (pun intended), Santorum is extreme right wing. His positions include:

-being rabidly anti-gay

-anti-abortion in any case (although he has voted for planned parenthood funding in the past)

-pro big, intrusive government that should legislate what consenting adults can do in their own bedrooms

-pro war (supports continued full scale engagement in Iraq, Afghanistan/Pakistan, and openly claims to want military conflict with Iran).

-believes that AGW/AGCC are conspiracy theories designed to allow government more control

-does not support the use of contraceptives, and believes states should have the right to ban them

Wow.. the Catholic Church is getting more Evangelical than ever... I thought EazyRidden was a Mormon.... or maybe I was thinking Mor on......

Epicurus

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Wow.. the Catholic Church is getting more Evangelical than ever...
    No, not really, Santorum is just getting to be more of a lunatic the older he gets. I think the church is more liberal in it's social leanings than when I was involved as a kid. Santorum does not represent even a small minority of the catholics I know...and I know a lot. Thankfully, Santorum will never represent me as my president either.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post

-being rabidly anti-gay

I'd just like to point out that this list is rather irrelevant to why Santorum is not a good fit for president. As Dr. Paul points out so many times, the debate today seems to be between how the government should control the people as opposed to IF the government should control the people. Obama and the democrats prefer controlling via social programs and regulation while the Republicans, like Santorum, prefer a military and intermingling with corporations. So the premise for BOTH is "government is the answer". In my opinion THAT is the problem with Santorum; his premise on the role of government.