Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Blacks Support for Obama

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657

    Blacks Support for Obama

    Why do Blacks continue to support Obama? Do they like the U.S. going trillions more in debt? Do they like their higher unemployment numbers? A flaming liberal quasi-socialist as president whose party is bankrupting the country?

    Most Blacks claim to be Christians. Obama is pro-abortion and anti-traditional marriage, both positions the Bible strongly opposes. The Bible also says if a man won't work he shall not eat. Obama says if a man doesn't work he'll give him cradle to grave entitlements. So then a good percentage of Blacks will trash their Bibles before they will stop voting for a Black, Biblically-challenged president.

    I'll tell you why I think they support him: He's black and they think he can give them free stuff. Take those two things away and I doubt he would even register in their minds.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    I don't care that Obama is black. I'll take a black Reagan-like president any day. But I do care that he's a fear-mongering, deceitful, radical left wing liberal.

    Some people claim they didn't know he was going to be as far to the left as he's been. They got blinded by big talk from a smooth operator. They should have noticed he had the most liberal voting record in the Senate.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    3,253
    Ron Paul has greater support amongst African Americans than any other Republican candidate.

    He doesn't promise "free stuff", quite the opposite, but he will end America's wars - both the wars in the middle east and the war on drugs, which disproportionately harm minorities.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

    ~ Gandhi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    Ron Paul has greater support amongst African Americans than any other Republican candidate.

    He doesn't promise "free stuff", quite the opposite, but he will end America's wars - both the wars in the middle east and the war on drugs, which disproportionately harm minorities.
    Blacks are burying their heads in the sand if they think a USA protectionist policy, whereby America retreats from global responsibilities, is going to keep them and America safe. Appeasement of evil (Iran, the Taliban, etc.) never works. The liberals have never learned that lesson. Part of the reason for that is that they don't quite understand good and evil, because they threw their Bibles in the trash. Another reason is that liberals believe mankind is inherently good, and that if you leave states like Iran and Syria alone, they won't bother you. That's incredibly naive. Liberals don't know how to deal with evil, so they bury their heads in the sand and hope it goes away.

    As for legalizing drugs,

    Legalizers believe most black market and organized syndicate involvement in the drug business would die and that drug-induced crime would decrease with drug legalization. But these assertions are not supported by the facts. The United States experimented with legalization and it failed. From 1919 to 1922, government-sponsored clinics handed out free drugs to addicts in hopes of controlling their behavior. The effort failed. Society's revulsion against drugs, combined with enforcement, successfully eradicated the menace at that time.[32]

    California decriminalized marijuana in 1976, and, within the first six months, arrests for driving under the influence of drugs rose 46 percent for adults and 71.4 percent for juveniles.[33] Decriminalizing marijuana in Alaska and Oregon in the 1970s resulted in the doubling of use.[34] Patrick Murphy, a court-appointed lawyer for 31,000 abused and neglected children in Chicago, says that more than 80 percent of the cases of physical and sexual abuse of children now involve drugs. There is no evidence that legalizing drugs will reduce these crimes, and there is evidence that suggests it would worsen the problem.[35]


    http://www.sarnia.com/groups/antidru...ent/myths.html

    But the uneducated left will buy into these fables constantly.

    Ron Paul, like the liberal left, is dangerous.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    Ron Paul has greater support amongst African Americans than any other Republican candidate.

    He doesn't promise "free stuff", quite the opposite, but he will end America's wars - both the wars in the middle east and the war on drugs, which disproportionately harm minorities.
    Thats just what America needs right now..free access to ketamine and crack

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Thats just what America needs right now..free access to ketamine and crack
    Nope just end the federal government's war on drugs. Maybe in California.

    Easy:

    Protectionism means the erection of trade walls, e.g. Tariffs or other import restrictions, to prevent international trade. Ron Paul does not favour this, he would remove protectionist trade restrictions and bring down the cost of e.g. medicines, that are much cheaper in many other developed countries.

    An isolationist combines protectionist economic policy with a stay-at-home military.

    I think you're looking for the word non-interventionist:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...nterventionism

    peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

    ~ Gandhi

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    Nope just end the federal government's war on drugs. Maybe in California.

    Easy:

    Protectionism means the erection of trade walls, e.g. Tariffs or other import restrictions, to prevent international trade. Ron Paul does not favour this, he would remove protectionist trade restrictions and bring down the cost of e.g. medicines, that are much cheaper in many other developed countries.

    An isolationist combines protectionist economic policy with a stay-at-home military.

    I think you're looking for the word non-interventionist:

    United States non-interventionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none
    End of war of drugs = free access to drugs= free access to ketamine,LSD, crack cocaine, cocaine and any other mind rotting substances .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    3,253
    If the federal government ends the war on drugs it will be up to the state governments to prohibit or allow particular substances. In which states specifically do you feel that crack would be allowed?

    Of course, the "war on drugs" is a misnomer, it should be called the "war on african americans"
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

    ~ Gandhi

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Once you legalize one set of drugs then the next week you might well have another dozen "witches brews" that are not yet legal, and could be far more potent. So the war on drugs continues anyway.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Why do Blacks continue to support Obama? Do they like the U.S. going trillions more in debt? Do they like their higher unemployment numbers? A flaming liberal quasi-socialist as president whose party is bankrupting the country?

    Most Blacks claim to be Christians. Obama is pro-abortion and anti-traditional marriage, both positions the Bible strongly opposes. The Bible also says if a man won't work he shall not eat. Obama says if a man doesn't work he'll give him cradle to grave entitlements. So then a good percentage of Blacks will trash their Bibles before they will stop voting for a Black, Biblically-challenged president.

    I'll tell you why I think they support him: He's black and they think he can give them free stuff. Take those two things away and I doubt he would even register in their minds.
    Despite your borderline racist rant, I'll answer. I don't support Obama. Many African Americans do support him because of established cultures to vote democrat. It's basically the same reason why the south votes republican and the north votes democrat. The percentage of free thinking people in the US is fairly small.
    Last edited by Steeeeve; 01-01-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: correct spelling

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Despite your borderline racist rate (rant)..
    Apparently you were in too much of a stupor to read my prior statement:

    "I don't care that Obama is black. I'll take a black Reagan-like president any day. But I do care that he's a fear-mongering, deceitful, radical left wing liberal."

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    I'll answer. I don't support Obama. Many African Americans do support him because of established cultures to vote democrat. It's basically the same reason why the south votes republican and the north votes democrat. The percentage of free thinking people in the US is fairly small.
    I've talked with a lot of blacks about their support of Obama. Basically they don't give a rat's as* about their Christianity or what the Bible says. They want their own man in power to give them free stuff. They always support the liberals. They're an embarrassment to Christianity, especially when some 70% of new births are out of wedlock. That's pathetic for a people who claim for the most part to be Christians.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Apparently you were in too much of a stupor to read my prior statement:

    "I don't care that Obama is black. I'll take a black Reagan-like president any day. But I do care that he's a fear-mongering, deceitful, radical left wing liberal."
    And that makes it ok to use ignorant generalizing statements that border on racist? Care to make comments on black people and fried chicken? Good grief.

    I've talked with a lot of blacks about their support of Obama. Basically they don't give a rat's as* about their Christianity or what the Bible says.
    Neither do you, I'm not sure your point here.

    They want their own man in power to give them free stuff.
    That must mean all black people just want handouts. This is ignorant and borderline racist because you are too stupid to see the similarity with ALL races and people doing the exact same thing. The only difference is what free stuff people want.

    They always support the liberals. They're an embarrassment to Christianity
    You're an embarrassment to Christianity, and, apparently, a racist.

    especially when some 70% of new births are out of wedlock. That's pathetic for a people who claim for the most part to be Christians.
    Seriously, you have race issues. Go spend a few years in inner city Baltimore and tell me what you learn; you ignorant self-righteous XXXXX.

    It all has to do with culture, not the color of someone's skin.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    If the federal government ends the war on drugs it will be up to the state governments to prohibit or allow particular substances. In which states specifically do you feel that crack would be allowed?

    Of course, the "war on drugs" is a misnomer, it should be called the "war on african americans"
    Which states do YOU think crack should be allowed?
    'Ending the war on drugs' has no meaning other than making illegal drugs legal.
    This stinks of ' lets make cannabis legal' and claim by people already complicitly breaking the law with drug dealers but demanding that their activity be legalised.
    What are you claiming? Black people are the only drug dealers/junkies?
    Thats ridiculous..why not claim this is a war on Columbia instead?..that is equally ridiculous.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    And that makes it ok to use ignorant generalizing statements that border on racist? Care to make comments on black people and fried chicken? Good grief.
    Take your politically correct, wimpy nonsense and stick it in your ear. Calling out Blacks and/or anyone else for their unbiblical behavior and views is right on the money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    That must mean all black people just want handouts.
    Only in your race-card seeking mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    You're an embarrassment to Christianity, and, apparently, a racist.
    Go climb on a parking meter, turkey. It's apparent you're the one who has bought into reverse racism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    It all has to do with culture, not the color of someone's skin.
    Generally speaking, the "culture" you're defending (black America) elects far left liberals all day long; it supports the infanticide of the unborn; buys into the unbiblical redistribution of wealth scheme; fornicates to the point where 70% of their children are born out of wedlock; supports a man who opposes Biblical marriage; supports a party who places anti-Christian bigots in the courts, and who do a hundred other similar things. And I'm the one who's screwed up?? Go stick your pointy head in the commode and flush some common sense into it. You have a long ways to go to get that elitist, politically-correct nonsense out of your system.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Take your politically correct, wimpy nonsense and stick it in your ear. Calling out Blacks and/or anyone else for their unbiblical behavior and views is right on the money.
    Yeah, but you only said "blacks" and specifically pointed out their race as if that's the reason. Do you think the color of someone's skin is the direct cause of an action?

    Generally speaking, the "culture" you're defending (black America) elects far left liberals all day long;
    "black" is not a culture you racist dick. Go talk to a African American who immigrated from Africa versus someone who grew up in inner city Baltimore versus someone who lives in the suburbs. Culture is not defined solely by ones skin color.

    it supports the infanticide of the unborn; buys into the unbiblical redistribution of wealth scheme; fornicates to the point where 70% of their children are born out of wedlock; supports a man who opposes Biblical marriage; supports a party who places anti-Christian bigots in the courts, and who do a hundred other similar things.
    Viewing "blacks" as a homogenous group is ignorant and racist because you fail to understand why someone votes democrat or why someone grows up without a father. You seem to assume it's because their black and this is just plain racist. People who are poor and forced to live in the inner city tend to have the same voting habits. I'd suspect one reason why someone in the position might vote democrat is because people like you keeping blaming the color of their skin and are too ignorant to understand socioeconomic conditions of various people.

    And I'm the one who's screwed up??
    very much so. You've always been a very cold person on these forums who makes Christianity look bad but I never knew, until now, you were also an ignorant racist. If you can't see the flaw in your thinking than you'll never understand the answer to the question you posed in the OP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •