Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there racism alive in america?

Is there racism alive in america?

I'm starting to wonder if there is still racism in america.

i mean look at the TV show Friends and various other popular shows. most people watch and see a Top entertainment show but you know what i see- no black people?? i've done some research and it turns out about 16% of americans are african-american. that means that 1 in 6 americans is black roughly. so that means at least one of the people in friends should be black.

and also in lots of other TV programmes it is a taboo to have a black man and white women together. this is not the same in the UK.

i think people would be suprised that racism is subtly creeping back into american life. what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by J Dogg View Post

i mean look at the TV show Friends and various other popular shows. most people watch and see a Top entertainment show but you know what i see- no black people?? i've done some research and it turns out about 16% of americans are african-american. that means that 1 in 6 americans is black roughly. so that means at least one of the people in friends should be black.

and also in lots of other TV programmes it is a taboo to have a black man and white women together. this is not the same in the UK.

i think people would be suprised that racism is subtly creeping back into american life. what do you think?
    Have you seen our President?

Quote Originally Posted by Hate_bs View Post
    Have you seen our President?
    Is there racism alive in america so they accomplish a remarkable role and be conscious all matters so we will get a best vision for best direction in life for perfect role as well as remarkable demands.
    Personal Trainer Overland Park
    Danny Crawford

Cry "Racism!"

Don't think of elephants..................What did you think of? Having a society where everyone is under extreme pressure not to say or do something racist means race is always considered. A society where race is not open for rational discussion, unless you want the dreaded racism accusation hurled at you, winds up making society's behavior irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by ExposeSayanim View Post
    Don't think of elephants..................What did you think of? Having a society where everyone is under extreme pressure not to say or do something racist means race is always considered. A society where race is not open for rational discussion, unless you want the dreaded racism accusation hurled at you, winds up making society's behavior irrational.
    So you think people should be racist to make society's behavior rational?

How would that work?

What I think he is saying is that the denial of racism only serves to bring it to the forefront of our consciousness.

Rather than dealing with the issue we've just swept it under the rug and told people not to mention it.
    Today I am an Atheist. Not out of bitter spite for religion or a hatred of spirituality. But by a peace and calm that in the tumultuous storm that is life can only be brought on by logic and calm, methodical critical thinking of the world around me.-jazyjason

Quote Originally Posted by ExposeSayanim View Post
    A society where race is not open for rational discussion, unless you want the dreaded racism accusation hurled at you, winds up making society's behavior irrational.
    What sort of "rational discussion"? Most minorities would prefer not to discuss
    the shortcomings of their people according to white folks. Go figure.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

Racism is alive and well in the United States of America.

Witness the incredible increase in threats against the person of President Obama simply because he is half African. We have an enormous lot of poorly educated people in this country who have not received a proper upbringing, nor have they been nourished properly -- and the level of their mental activity has suffered as a result of uniformly poor diets.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Yes, I agree. There is racism in America and it starts at the White House.
    "If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist.....
    ....you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."

Wonder no more - it is alive and well.
    Racism never left. It didn't start in "America" and it will not end in "America". Racism has become an undefined state of affairs, perpetuated by all ethnic groups around the world. It may be more intense in some areas than others, but it will always be around.
    If we are to discuss racism in "America", then we need to cut away a few hundred thousand square miles and take one nation at a time. For instance, in the USA groups like the KKK, The New Black Panthers, MEChA, Aryan Brotherhood, al-Qaeda, La Raza – the list goes on and on – will continue to spread their hate until there’s not much left but dead bodies, burned cities, and broken spirits. Each group, ethnic or otherwise, wants more than the next. That "want" is usually defined (by the groups) as "freedom", which has several definitions of its own.
    You would think by now that the leaders of that group would wise up and realize that there is no "Big Daddy" out there that is going to sweep away all the bad things in life and give them what they want. In essence, "Big Daddy" is a myth.

But I do realize that to them, "Big Daddy" is the "White Man". Just where Big Daddy actually lives is a mystery to me. Maybe he lives in that undiscovered part of "America" where "white culture" abounds...
    Ain't life funny...

Racism is alive and well in America. All you need is two eyes to see that.
    Black people have experienced four centuries of brutal racist oppression. It will take workers revolution to bring black liberation to this country.

As far as having a black president he's merely an uncle Tom for the rich people and the big corporations, just like any politician black or white. The first thing that Barack Obama did was give hundreds of billions of dollars to the rich people in that whole bailout welfare-for-the-rich people. Capitalism is just welfare for the rich!

American capitalism is inherently racist. It has always been racist. The very founding fathers who wrote the Constitution were a bunch of racist slave traders and slaveowners. George Washington, the first president, was a slave owner.

That black faces in high places participate in keeping blacks down, and that only shows the blatant opportunism of black capitalist politicians, who are every bit as rotten as white capitalist politicians. Black cops will shoot an innocent black man in the back just like a white cop. American capitalism is innovative, and uses black people in high places and black cops in uniform to keep other blacks down.
    Choosing between the Democrats and the Republicans is like choosing between AIDS and cancer.

There is no official racism, and nothing can be done about anything else.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

A poster said that there is no official racism. That poster is correct, but racism continues in the USA Today. Black people continue to suffer a horrible oppression, even though racism is not "official". It is not official in the sense that you have Jim Crow laws anymore.

Things are very bad for working class white people in our nation. Many working-class whites are unemployed and desperate for a job, but the situation is even worse for working-class blacks! Many working-class whites are losing their homes to the banks, but the situation for working-class blacks is even worse! Many working-class whites find themselves working for stingy wages, but the situation for working-class blacks is even worse!

The other poster said that "nothing can be done about anything else." In a sense, this is true that within the framework of capitalism perhaps not a lot can be done to achieve black equality. The reason for this is that American capitalism has always been racist, is racist, and will always be racist.

The only solution is to throw capitalism in the garbage can. That is the only way to achieve black liberation! Black liberation through workers revolution!

What is good for the white worker is good for the black worker. What is good for the black worker is good for the white worker. Everyone should have the right to a job. Everyone should have the right to free quality medical care, because after all we pay taxes! Everyone should have the right to Social Security for the very same reason. And we need a permanent moratorium on foreclosures. Housing should be a basic human right! What is good for the black worker is good for the white worker, and vice versa! The black worker and the white worker have the same interests.
    Choosing between the Democrats and the Republicans is like choosing between AIDS and cancer.

Racism is alive and well in America, as witnessed by the recent tragic death of Whitney Houston.

Houston had drug problems, problems with prescribed drugs. Nethetheless, a couple of asshats on CleanChannel, the Jon & Ken Show on KFI-AM Radio-640 out of Los Angeles who characterized Houston as a "crack ho."
    Jon & Ken On Whitney Houston, "Crack Ho" (Audio) | 92Q - Baltimore's Home for the Hip-Hop Community
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Racism is alive and well in America, as witnessed by the recent tragic death of Whitney Houston.

Houston had drug problems, problems with prescribed drugs. Nethetheless, a couple of asshats on CleanChannel, the Jon & Ken Show on KFI-AM Radio-640 out of Los Angeles who characterized Houston as a "crack ho."
    Jon & Ken On Whitney Houston, "Crack Ho" (Audio) | 92Q - Baltimore's Home for the Hip-Hop Community
    Drug ' problems'?
    Does that mean purchasing illegal drugs and illegally consuming them despite the full knowledge of the consequences of doing so?
    Prescribed drug ' problems'?
    Is that purchasing drugs through a doctor despite knowing the consequences of doing so?