Thread: Flame Warriors

Flame Warriors

Those of you unfamiliar with this site have a treat in store:

Flame Warriors Home

The cartoonist is extremely gifted, the commentary deftly observed, but the most fun is in identifying yourself and other posters among the rogue's gallery. Which of our regular posters, for example, would this be?

Be he a Baptist, Scientologist or Zoroastrian, in the heat of battle Deacon will call down Divine retribution on all net sinners, and will never miss an opportunity to blather endlessly about his religion. Deacon is fervent and earnest, but seldom contributes anything of interest or substance to the discussion. Occasionally Tireless Rebutter or Philosopher will rouse themselves engage Deacon in battle, but they soon lose interest because of his utter predictability.

Which Warrior do you think most strongly resembles you? (Personally, I think I'm archivist with picador overtones.)
    McKown's Law: "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

"We are to find God in what we know, not in what we don't know"
    --Dietrich Bonfhoeffer

"I don't go to mythical places with strange men." -- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MrWriteLA View Post
    Those of you unfamiliar with this site have a treat in store:

Flame Warriors Home

The cartoonist is extremely gifted, the commentary deftly observed, but the most fun is in identifying yourself and other posters among the rogue's gallery. Which of our regular posters, for example, would this be?

Be he a Baptist, Scientologist or Zoroastrian, in the heat of battle Deacon will call down Divine retribution on all net sinners, and will never miss an opportunity to blather endlessly about his religion. Deacon is fervent and earnest, but seldom contributes anything of interest or substance to the discussion. Occasionally Tireless Rebutter or Philosopher will rouse themselves engage Deacon in battle, but they soon lose interest because of his utter predictability.

Which Warrior do you think most strongly resembles you? (Personally, I think I'm archivist with picador overtones.)
    Poet = Godzilla/Ethnix

I think most of us are composites of these, I've got Troglodyte, Capitalista, Philosopher, nitpick
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Poet = Godzilla/Ethnix

I think most of us are composites of these, I've got Troglodyte, Capitalista, Philosopher, nitpick
    And yourself?

--Dietrich Bonfhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by MrWriteLA View Post
    And yourself?
    That was the "I got", what about you?
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    That was the "I got", what about you?
    I revealed both of mine in the OP, though upon revisiting the list I think I'm also Pithy Phrase on occasion. In my experience, few posters are only one kind of Warrior (though I think my original example--Deacon--definitely is...well, okay, maybe with Godzilla thrown in).

I think you're right, though... most I think are combos of 3-5. What I'd be interested in is comparing our self-appraisals with how other posters see us.

Whatever, it's one hilarious site, and one I always enjoy coming back to.

--Dietrich Bonfhoeffer