Poll: Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by White Bread View Post
    Other than FDR, no president has ever been re-elected when the unemployment rate was >7.5. Obama's out of Kool-Aid. The party's over. Go home.
    There's a first time for everything. Obama's approval ratings have gone up a few points... maybe still low, but higher than any of the GOP candidates.. It's pretty bad when the GOP controlled house is only sporting a whopping 9% approval rating... Obama will most likely win because the alternative is far worse.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    If you have watched the Debates then you will know that Newt can and has slung as much mud as the others in the GOP field. He is following the others as they continue to falsely blame Obama for the entire economic meltdown, and remains in denial as to the GOP's part in taking this country to the brink of destruction.
    Ah, you mean slinging mud against Dems. Well, needless to say that is fair game

Obama did in fact sign a Executive order to close Gitmo.. However he met opposition from both Democrats and Republicans in Congress because they did not want to open a prison within the U.S. borders to house the Prisoners from Gitmo... They blocked the closing by not allowing the opening of the new Prison. I don't see it as a broken Promise.. The Executive order was signed..
    A promise is a promise. We'll see how the electorate responds when it is brought up

It wouldn't be the first time a Politician " changed his mind"... After Christie came out and Endorsed Romney I figured it was his way of getting back into the Game. He said himself he wasn't ready to serve as President, but he did leave the door open for a VP position. That would give him the Experience for a run later.
    I don't think it is impossible just like Hillary running for president this year isn't impossible. But both I think are unlikely.

If Obama is smart ( which he is) once he begins campaigning full time he will paint the Right as Obstructionists and he'll have a pretty easy time doing it. He's offered solutions that would possibly turn the economy around, positions that have worked in the past, but the Right has pretty much blocked everything he has offered, and they simply refuse to compromise in the interest of the People.
    + Romney can't hold a candle to Obama in a Debate. Obama isn't the Flip Flopper that Romney is. Obamacare was modeled after Romneycare.. once that is brought up in one of the debates Romney will be toast...
    So Obama is basically a copy cat? We'll see how that goes as well
    Hail to the ones who came before us

Quote Originally Posted by AMD4EVER View Post
    Ah, you mean slinging mud against Dems. Well, needless to say that is fair game
    So basically he's no different than any of the Current GOP field, Spewing blatant Lies, distorting the facts, blaming The Democrats for the things that the GOP did to get us into this economic crisis.., The list could go on but Point made....

A promise is a promise. We'll see how the electorate responds when it is brought up
    And technically he kept his Promise. You called it a " flip-flop, which it wasn't. He never changed his position on closing GITMO. He signed the Executive Order to Close GITMO, keeping his promise. The House and Senate blocked him, that wasn't him breaking his Promise.
    I doubt the Electorate will be concerned with this issue when the Election comes around, Jobs and the economy will be top billing in 2012.

I don't think it is impossible just like Hillary running for president this year isn't impossible. But both I think are unlikely.
    Point is it doesn't really matter WHO the VP will be, the Nominee will be coming from a field of Clowns.. none of which will beat Obama in the General Election. Romney is the only one with a slim chance, but his own Party doesn't like him so I doubt he will be much of a threat.

So Obama is basically a copy cat? We'll see how that goes as well
    No, it just shows that Obama is willing to work with the other side to get things done. Or it could be that Romney is more Liberal than they like , he did run as a Democrat against Kennedy.. maybe that's where he got the Flip Flop reputation....

Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    So basically he's no different than any of the Current GOP field, Spewing blatant Lies, distorting the facts, blaming The Democrats for the things that the GOP did to get us into this economic crisis.., The list could go on but Point made....
    No more so than the Dems. Politicians. What can ya do?

Jobs and the economy will be top billing in 2012.
    Agreed

Point is it doesn't really matter WHO the VP will be, the Nominee will be coming from a field of Clowns.. none of which will beat Obama in the General Election. Romney is the only one with a slim chance, but his own Party doesn't like him so I doubt he will be much of a threat.
    If only the GOP had someone the caliber of Joe Biden...

No, it just shows that Obama is willing to work with the other side to get things done. Or it could be that Romney is more Liberal than they like , he did run as a Democrat against Kennedy.. maybe that's where he got the Flip Flop reputation....
    It's kinda sad how you brought up that Obama is a copy cat and then try to spin it afterwords. I can be honest with myself and admit that Romney is definitely a moderate. And I have no problem with him being a moderate as I don't want a hard right or hard left leader. I'm guessing in your heart you don't really care that Obama got his idea for universal health care from somewhere else. Most people get their ideas from somewhere else. I know that you want to paint Obama in as perfect of a light as possible and that is what you are trying to do here but it's pretty obvious that you are not being 100% truthful either with those you wish to reach with your words or just with yourself.
    Hail to the ones who came before us

Considering no decent candidates running, should be an easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    I hate saying this because I despise war and the corporate military industrial complex that the United States has become, but President Barack Obama is an outstanding warrior.

Instead of doing a stupid song and dance about terrorism and being scared of the terrorist under the bed, President Obama goes out and gets the terrorist, Item: Osama bin Laden and few other persons like Mr. bin Laden.

President Obama determines that something has to be done about Gaddafi and the situation in Libra. He engages NATO because the nations of NATO have interests in Libya's energy resources.

President Obama starts the action and may have played an active role in planning the entire operation.

What happened is success after only a few months. no American casualties, no major thefts from crooked, lying, stealing war profiteering war contractors, in stark contrast to George W. Bush's major fraud of war profiteering in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bush was too stupid and cowardly to be effective as a warrior. Dick Cheney was too much of a sissypants for warfare, he had to trick someone else into doing his dirty work, like sending people anthrax by mail.
    I hate saying this because I despise war and the corporate military industrial complex that the United States has become, but President Barack Obama is an outstanding warrior.
    That's just too funny.

I guess your vast military experience is the basis for that remark. LOL!

I would opine he is far from a "warrior" but is close to being just another Chicago gangster.

It's kinda sad how you brought up that Obama is a copy cat and then try to spin it afterwords. I can be honest with myself and admit that Romney is definitely a moderate. And I have no problem with him being a moderate as I don't want a hard right or hard left leader. I'm guessing in your heart you don't really care that Obama got his idea for universal health care from somewhere else. Most people get their ideas from somewhere else. I know that you want to paint Obama in as perfect of a light as possible and that is what you are trying to do here but it's pretty obvious that you are not being 100% truthful either with those you wish to reach with your words or just with yourself.
    Maybe you read it wrong?.. I wasn't trying to spin anything. Obama himself has claimed that he got the Idea for his Healthcare Overhaul from Romney. Romney is the one trying to put a new spin on it. The Problem I have with Romney is that his past paints him as a Moderate but in this current election cycle he seems to be shifting to the far right in order to try and win the tea party vote. It's giving him a bad reputation of being on both sides of every issue.
    Also, I'm not painting Obama as perfect.. He's done some things that I disagreed with as well. I don't know how much more truthful I can be.

Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post

Instead of doing a stupid song and dance about terrorism and being scared of the terrorist under the bed, President Obama goes out and gets the terrorist, Item: Osama bin Laden and few other persons like Mr. bin Laden.

President Obama determines that something has to be done about Gaddafi and the situation in Libra. He engages NATO because the nations of NATO have interests in Libya's energy resources.

President Obama starts the action and may have played an active role in planning the entire operation.

What happened is success after only a few months. no American casualties, no major thefts from crooked, lying, stealing war profiteering war contractors, in stark contrast to George W. Bush's major fraud of war profiteering in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bush was too stupid and cowardly to be effective as a warrior. Dick Cheney was too much of a sissypants for warfare, he had to trick someone else into doing his dirty work, like sending people anthrax by mail.
    ROFL!!!!!!! Obama got bin laden is right up there with Chamberlain won WW2.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    ROFL!!!!!!! Obama got bin laden is right up there with Chamberlain won WW2.
    LOL!

Good one. I like it.

I voted "maybe" because I think there are a lot of factors. If the Republicans run someone cool like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or Jon Huntsman... I think it will be a close race.
    If they run a bible-thumping warmonger, I think Obama stands a chance.

A majority of Americans are not Fox watching right-wingers. The Republicans seem to fail to realize that energizing their base accomplishes nothing in the end. It was a failed strategy in 2008 and nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?
    He remains only if the American people leave their intelligence and brains behind as they go to the polls as they did in 2008.

Here are some of the voters who chose the current "post turtle" who infests the White House with his divisive partisan tomes:

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS... - YouTube

Obama Supporters are XXXXXX! - YouTube

XXXXXX who voted for Obama - YouTube

More fun:

How Liberals Argue - YouTube

Debating a liberal - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by USAMP1980 View Post
    I voted "maybe" because I think there are a lot of factors. If the Republicans run someone cool like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or Jon Huntsman... I think it will be a close race.
    If they run a bible-thumping warmonger, I think Obama stands a chance.

A majority of Americans are not Fox watching right-wingers. The Republicans seem to fail to realize that energizing their base accomplishes nothing in the end. It was a failed strategy in 2008 and nothing has changed.
    Bible thumping war mongers; that's truly amusing yet lacking in anything remotely coherent or factual.

No wonder you support lunatic candidates like Ron Paul, Gary Johnson and Huntsman. Why don't you just say you are for Obama and be done?

The three most devastating wars in the modern history of the US were begun by Democrats.

Yes, it would be nice if elections were about facts.
    I am not for Obama. He did not create the mess we are in, but he has made it worse. He does not understand the economy or foreign affairs, thus cannot possibly fix it. However a great deal of voters do not think like you or I. The election is not decided on what I think. I was just trying to make a realistic prediction.
    There are things about both the Dems and Republicans that I cannot stand. We are long overdue for people to consider third parties. MWP, etc.
    I personally do not want four more years of Obama, nor do I want a warmongering hypocrite like Newt. I find Perry funny but too stupid. I don't hate gays or muslims, so no Santorum . Romney is a two-faced douche bag. Michelle has some good points, and some very bad ones. I cannot take an anti-gay women who is married to a gay man seriously.
    So.. I say again: On principles, I can only bring myself to vote for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or maybe Jon Huntsman. If I have to, I will either write them in or stay home.
    "He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security." - Ben Franklin
    “If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy” - James Madison
    "Those who believe absurdities can be made to commit atrocities" - Voltaire
    "What if the people wake up?" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by USAMP1980 View Post
    Yes, it would be nice if elections were about facts.
    I am not for Obama. He did not create the mess we are in, but he has made it worse. He does not understand the economy or foreign affairs, thus cannot possibly fix it. However a great deal of voters do not think like you or I. The election is not decided on what I think. I was just trying to make a realistic prediction.
    There are things about both the Dems and Republicans that I cannot stand. We are long overdue for people to consider third parties. MWP, etc.
    I personally do not want four more years of Obama, nor do I want a warmongering hypocrite like Newt. I find Perry funny but too stupid. I don't hate gays or muslims, so no Santorum . Romney is a two-faced douche bag. Michelle has some good points, and some very bad ones. I cannot take an anti-gay women who is married to a gay man seriously.
    So.. I say again: On principles, I can only bring myself to vote for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or maybe Jon Huntsman. If I have to, I will either write them in or stay home.
    In other words; help get Obama re-elected. Thank you for clarifying that.

I am quite certain that with the desperate efforts of the lame-stream media, the Democrats may regain control of the House again so that they can re-engage in their spurious spending sprees.

Americans are too stupid and have been "dumbed-down" by an education establishment who are all-in when it comes to the idiot policies of the Democrats and their idiot minions.

Unfortunately, it will take another four years of detrimental economic destroying and debt ridden policies and possibly an economic disaster to wake a majority of Americans up to the lunacy of the lame-stream media and the DNC.

Obama is a one-term president.