Poll: Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?

Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?

Will President Obama remain in office after 2012?
    "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?' On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? -Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)

I hate saying this because I despise war and the corporate military industrial complex that the United States has become, but President Barack Obama is an outstanding warrior.

Instead of doing a stupid song and dance about terrorism and being scared of the terrorist under the bed, President Obama goes out and gets the terrorist, Item: Osama bin Laden and few other persons like Mr. bin Laden.

President Obama determines that something has to be done about Gaddafi and the situation in Libra. He engages NATO because the nations of NATO have interests in Libya's energy resources.

President Obama starts the action and may have played an active role in planning the entire operation.

What happened is success after only a few months. no American casualties, no major thefts from crooked, lying, stealing war profiteering war contractors, in stark contrast to George W. Bush's major fraud of war profiteering in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bush was too stupid and cowardly to be effective as a warrior. Dick Cheney was too much of a sissypants for warfare, he had to trick someone else into doing his dirty work, like sending people anthrax by mail.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    I hate saying this because I despise war and the corporate military industrial complex that the United States has become, but President Barack Obama is an outstanding warrior.

Instead of doing a stupid song and dance about terrorism and being scared of the terrorist under the bed, President Obama goes out and gets the terrorist, Item: Osama bin Laden and few other persons like Mr. bin Laden.

President Obama determines that something has to be done about Gaddafi and the situation in Libra. He engages NATO because the nations of NATO have interests in Libya's energy resources.

President Obama starts the action and may have played an active role in planning the entire operation.

What happened is success after only a few months. no American casualties, no major thefts from crooked, lying, stealing war profiteering war contractors, in stark contrast to George W. Bush's major fraud of war profiteering in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bush was too stupid and cowardly to be effective as a warrior. Dick Cheney was too much of a sissypants for warfare, he had to trick someone else into doing his dirty work, like sending people anthrax by mail.
    Do you think he maybe angered democrats by staying in Iraq/Afghanistan, and thus loss some votes? His being a warrior, may have hurt him in this regard.
    "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?' On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? -Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)

It would help to know who he is running against, but Obama is very likely to win in 2012.

Who is going to beat him? Willard? The pizza guy? The one who's been married as many times as Charlie Sheen? The bat-XXXX crazy imbecile from Minnesota who has Jesus as her copilot? The one obsessed with Mitt Romney who's falling in the polls faster than Kevin James down a flight of stairs?

Let's face it. The GOP field resembles something more of a circus sideshow than presidential candidates. The Democrats could put a naked, toothless Margot Kidder, freshly pulled from the bushes behind my house up against this group and win in a landslide.

Unless Reagan is resurrected by some mad conservative magician, Barry is getting another 4 years.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Child View Post
    It would help to know who he is running against, but Obama is very likely to win in 2012.

Who is going to beat him? Willard? The pizza guy? The one who's been married as many times as Charlie Sheen? The bat-XXXX crazy imbecile from Minnesota who has Jesus as her copilot? The one obsessed with Mitt Romney who's falling in the polls faster than Kevin James down a flight of stairs?

Let's face it. The GOP field resembles something more of a circus sideshow than presidential candidates. The Democrats could put a naked, toothless Margot Kidder, freshly pulled from the bushes behind my house up against this group and win in a landslide.

Unless Reagan is resurrected by some mad conservative magician, Barry is getting another 4 years.
    I'm sitting in my living room laughing. You are so right lol. Kind of sad. Maybe I will start praying or talk to Benny Hinn (don't worry I'm not that type of Christian) to raise Reagan from the dead lol

Obama will win a second term. Romney will win the nomination because he is the most sane of the christianist terrorist slate on the repubinazis have to offer.

Historically if you look at all the elections the candidate with the most charismatic presence wins. Obama has a more charismatic presence then either McCain, Romney or Perry, or any of the teabagger crazies. As much as I hated the man Bush had a more charismatic presence then either Gore or Kerry. Clinton had a more charismatic presence then either Bush 1 or Dole. Bush 1 had a more charismatic presence then Dukakis. Regan out shown both Carter and Mondale.

BTW you can make your polls public. It would be nice to see in the poll how everyone votes.
    Last edited by Matthew S; 10-25-2011 at 04:20 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every time one of the Republican presidential candidates speak all I hear is the sound of the marching boots of the Brown shirts.

"Saying I can't get married because it violates your religion is like me saying you can't eat donuts because it violates my diet!" -------anonymous

Obama will likely win re-election. Mitt Romney has the best chance of winning against Obama since, as a candidate with a more moderate record, he will draw far fewer voters to the voting booths to vote against him as would most of the other candidates, who are much farther right, and often lunatic right. However, fewer Republicans would come out to vote for Romney due to tea party dislike of him, so that might balance things in favor of Obama.

That is the dilemma Republicans face. A traditional old school Republican might stand a good chance of winning due to the malaise created by the stagnant economy. However, the tea party influence has produced a string of lunatic right candidates who, though they may energize the Republican base, would stand little chance of getting elected. After all, judging from the great majority of polls (nicely compiled at pollingreport.com ), most right wing views are held by only about 30% of Americans, so a candidate really has to be more moderate or at least act more moderate to have a chance of winning.

I think it is very likely Obama will win a second term. As has been said, the field of republicans are more like a circus side show than a group of Presidential candidates. Flat tax policies, abolishing social security, eliminating the department of Education, the EPA , and many other government programs added to the problem of most of them not having a clue about foreign affairs it's a shame that their only real chance is a Millionaire Mormon flip-flopper who can't seem to garner more than 25% of the base.

I think ultimately Romney will win the nomination and then the fun will begin. One advantage Obama will have is the Presidential Debates. Romney is much better than he was in 2008 but he still don't come close to Obama in debating. Plus the GOP voters are determined to hold his religion against him, so he will have trouble winning the southern Evangelical vote. At best his Mormon religion will keep many voters at home on election day.

But let's not forget that so far 36 republican controlled states are taking measures and passing new voter laws that specifically target the Democrats base. Minorities, elderly people, and the poor will find it much harder to vote. Obama still needs to get the base out and draw the Moderates back to him. If he keeps painting the Congress as obstructionists he should be ok.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew S View Post
    Obama will win a second term. Romney will win the nomination because he is the most sane of the christianist terrorist slate on the repubinazis have to offer.

Historically if you look at all the elections the candidate with the most charismatic presence wins. Obama has a more charismatic presence then either McCain, Romney or Perry, or any of the teabagger crazies. As much as I hated the man Bush had a more charismatic presence then either Gore or Kerry. Clinton had a more charismatic presence then either Bush 1 or Dole. Bush 1 had a more charismatic presence then Dukakis. Regan out shown both Carter and Mondale.

BTW you can make your polls public. It would be nice to see in the poll how everyone votes.
    President Clinton didn't win because he was more charismatic. He won because of Ross Perot.

Obama and his wife and VP are liars - saying Republicans want dirty air, dirty water, and want sick people to die.

Here's the latest example from Michelle.

Michelle: GOP Would Curb Freedom of Speech, Religion | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier

They need to be put out of office asap and then we need to fumigate the place.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

The current polling data that is out there indicates Obama beats anyone that isn't Romney. Romney and Obama are pretty much tied.

That being said the generic Obama vs Republican poll clearly favors a Republican. This poll is very misleading because when someone is asked this question they can fill in the blank with their favorite Republican even if that person doesn't even have a chance of winning the nomination.

There are some X factors out there right now that I'm just going to make a stab at answering before giving my prediction.

1. Who will win the Republican nomination? Romney
    2. Who will the Republican vice president be? Gingrich
    3. Will Biden remain the Democratic vice president? Yes
    4. Will a third party candidate like Trump run? No
    5. Will the economy improve prior to the general election? No

If any of these answers turn out to be incorrect then it may change my opinion. While I voted Maybe in the poll because I recognize how many variables there are in the election I think that given the above that Romney will win and I think the biggest reason why is the economy and the budget deficit.

It will definitely be an interesting race. Obama is no longer the freshman that he was last election and isn't able to run on promises without needing to face up to his record which is a mix of good and bad. Romney is also very much improved from last year. In my opinion he is really taking it to the Republican field in the debates. Gingrich is the other person in the field that has really caught my interest. He is very well spoken, prepared, and knowledgeable and surprisingly to me seems likable. He also comes off very much as a capable #2 unlike Biden who has a history of gaffes that undermine Obama. I've heard rumors of Trump, Bloomberg, and Ron Paul all saying that they are possibly considering a third party run all of which would dramatically help Obama's chances of winning.
    Hail to the ones who came before us

Quote Originally Posted by AMD4EVER View Post
    The current polling data that is out there indicates Obama beats anyone that isn't Romney. Romney and Obama are pretty much tied.
    That being said the generic Obama vs Republican poll clearly favors a Republican. This poll is very misleading because when someone is asked this question they can fill in the blank with their favorite Republican even if that person doesn't even have a chance of winning the nomination.
    There are some X factors out there right now that I'm just going to make a stab at answering before giving my prediction.
    1. Who will win the Republican nomination? Romney
    2. Who will the Republican vice president be? Gingrich
    3. Will Biden remain the Democratic vice president? Yes
    4. Will a third party candidate like Trump run? No
    5. Will the economy improve prior to the general election? No
    If any of these answers turn out to be incorrect then it may change my opinion. While I voted Maybe in the poll because I recognize how many variables there are in the election I think that given the above that Romney will win and I think the biggest reason why is the economy and the budget deficit.
    It will definitely be an interesting race. Obama is no longer the freshman that he was last election and isn't able to run on promises without needing to face up to his record which is a mix of good and bad. Romney is also very much improved from last year. In my opinion he is really taking it to the Republican field in the debates. Gingrich is the other person in the field that has really caught my interest. He is very well spoken, prepared, and knowledgeable and surprisingly to me seems likable. He also comes off very much as a capable #2 unlike Biden who has a history of gaffes that undermine Obama. I've heard rumors of Trump, Bloomberg, and Ron Paul all saying that they are possibly considering a third party run all of which would dramatically help Obama's chances of winning.
    I'm interested in why you chose Gingrich as the choice for VP?...

Right now like you said Obama is leading all candidates in head to head match ups.. but it's still very early in the race. Romney may win the Nomination but then he will be going head to head against Obama on the national stage, and with his record of Flip flopping on key issues such as Abortion, ( Something the Tea Party is serious about) he will have a very hard time drawing the Extreme right to his side. His poll numbers have stayed around 25% since the beginning, so he can't seem to get much traction . He'll also face the Christian Evangelical Scrutiny , which pretty much will be his biggest problem I think. Most of the South don't like him, so if he wins the Nomination they will either have to vote for " The Mormon".. or hold their nose and vote for Obama. With Romney winning the nomination it's far more likely that someone will jump in as a independent.. My bet is Ron Paul . If Ron Paul does in fact run as a Indie then Obama will get his second term. The Extreme right will vote for Paul, the Middle will split between Romney and Obama and Obama will have his base.

I also don't believe after all the Debates that have taken place and the ones to come, that any of the current candidates will be picked as the VP by Romney. I believe that if Romney wins he will choose Chris Christie as his running mate.

I can hardly wait to find out who it will be for sure. It's going to be a close race if Romney does win, that is until they get to the Presidential Debates.. that is where Obama will shine and widen the distance between himself and Romney. Romney is doing well in the GOP debates because everyone else in the field are doing so poorly. He won't fair so well against Obama...

Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    I'm interested in why you chose Gingrich as the choice for VP?...
    Gingrich is just my choice for VP and the reasoning I think it is a good fit is because he has experience (some good, some baggage), is very well spoken, is intelligent, and has a likable personality. He isn't a mud slinger either and hasn't made it impossible for the other candidates to choose him for the position of VP. At one point in the debates the question came up who would you pick as VP and those who actually stood up and gave an answer mostly picked Gingrich.

Right now like you said Obama is leading all candidates in head to head match ups.. but it's still very early in the race. Romney may win the Nomination but then he will be going head to head against Obama on the national stage, and with his record of Flip flopping on key issues such as Abortion, ( Something the Tea Party is serious about) he will have a very hard time drawing the Extreme right to his side. His poll numbers have stayed around 25% since the beginning, so he can't seem to get much traction . He'll also face the Christian Evangelical Scrutiny , which pretty much will be his biggest problem I think. Most of the South don't like him, so if he wins the Nomination they will either have to vote for " The Mormon".. or hold their nose and vote for Obama. With Romney winning the nomination it's far more likely that someone will jump in as a independent.. My bet is Ron Paul . If Ron Paul does in fact run as a Indie then Obama will get his second term. The Extreme right will vote for Paul, the Middle will split between Romney and Obama and Obama will have his base.
    Obama has his flip flops as well and a big one is Guantanamo. He has also done things to distance himself from the far left such as the wars he has been involved with and not finding a way to legalize all immigrants. Do I think that all of this will cause a significant number of loyal Democrats from voting for him? Not really. The same is true for my thoughts on Romney potentially alienating loyal Republicans. The indies always have been the group the really decides who gets elected and they will have to weight the facts in a logical fashion. Is a Mormon someone they won't vote for? I'm sure that will play a role. Maybe it will gain more votes than it costs. The same is true of Obama's methods of pushing through his health care bill. Maybe it will also gain more votes than it costs. I just don't think that all of these controversial things really affect the turnout of the registered Democrats and Republicans.

I also don't believe after all the Debates that have taken place and the ones to come, that any of the current candidates will be picked as the VP by Romney. I believe that if Romney wins he will choose Chris Christie as his running mate.
    Maybe I'm a fool for taking someone at their word but Christie said that he doesn't plan on leaving his post as governor.

I can hardly wait to find out who it will be for sure. It's going to be a close race if Romney does win, that is until they get to the Presidential Debates.. that is where Obama will shine and widen the distance between himself and Romney. Romney is doing well in the GOP debates because everyone else in the field are doing so poorly. He won't fair so well against Obama...
    Obama is a smooth talker but so is Romney. From what I've heard out of Romney he is very comfortable in his positions and is able to handle being beat up by six others on the stage at once so it makes me think that he is going to be more than ready to square off in a one on one debate. As I mentioned in my previous post as well Obama does have to defend his record this time around and I think he will not come off as the great speaker that he was in the last elections. And if the economy is still in the gutter at the time of the elections it may not even matter how well he does in the debates.
    Hail to the ones who came before us

Other than FDR, no president has ever been re-elected when the unemployment rate was >7.5. Obama's out of Kool-Aid. The party's over. Go home.

Gingrich is just my choice for VP and the reasoning I think it is a good fit is because he has experience (some good, some baggage), is very well spoken, is intelligent, and has a likable personality. He isn't a mud slinger either and hasn't made it impossible for the other candidates to choose him for the position of VP. At one point in the debates the question came up who would you pick as VP and those who actually stood up and gave an answer mostly picked Gingrich.
    If you have watched the Debates then you will know that Newt can and has slung as much mud as the others in the GOP field. He is following the others as they continue to falsely blame Obama for the entire economic meltdown, and remains in denial as to the GOP's part in taking this country to the brink of destruction.

Obama has his flip flops as well and a big one is Guantanamo. He has also done things to distance himself from the far left such as the wars he has been involved with and not finding a way to legalize all immigrants. Do I think that all of this will cause a significant number of loyal Democrats from voting for him? Not really. The same is true for my thoughts on Romney potentially alienating loyal Republicans. The indies always have been the group the really decides who gets elected and they will have to weight the facts in a logical fashion. Is a Mormon someone they won't vote for? I'm sure that will play a role. Maybe it will gain more votes than it costs. The same is true of Obama's methods of pushing through his health care bill. Maybe it will also gain more votes than it costs. I just don't think that all of these controversial things really affect the turnout of the registered Democrats and Republicans.
    Obama did in fact sign a Executive order to close Gitmo.. However he met opposition from both Democrats and Republicans in Congress because they did not want to open a prison within the U.S. borders to house the Prisoners from Gitmo... They blocked the closing by not allowing the opening of the new Prison. I don't see it as a broken Promise.. The Executive order was signed..

Maybe I'm a fool for taking someone at their word but Christie said that he doesn't plan on leaving his post as governor.
    It wouldn't be the first time a Politician " changed his mind"... After Christie came out and Endorsed Romney I figured it was his way of getting back into the Game. He said himself he wasn't ready to serve as President, but he did leave the door open for a VP position. That would give him the Experience for a run later.

Obama is a smooth talker but so is Romney. From what I've heard out of Romney he is very comfortable in his positions and is able to handle being beat up by six others on the stage at once so it makes me think that he is going to be more than ready to square off in a one on one debate. As I mentioned in my previous post as well Obama does have to defend his record this time around and I think he will not come off as the great speaker that he was in the last elections. And if the economy is still in the gutter at the time of the elections it may not even matter how well he does in the debates.
    If Obama is smart ( which he is) once he begins campaigning full time he will paint the Right as Obstructionists and he'll have a pretty easy time doing it. He's offered solutions that would possibly turn the economy around, positions that have worked in the past, but the Right has pretty much blocked everything he has offered, and they simply refuse to compromise in the interest of the People.
    + Romney can't hold a candle to Obama in a Debate. Obama isn't the Flip Flopper that Romney is. Obamacare was modeled after Romneycare.. once that is brought up in one of the debates Romney will be toast...

Epicurus