Poll: On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) rate President Obama's presidency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Obama on a Scale from 1-10

President Obama on a Scale from 1-10

Please rate President Obama's presidency on a scale from 1-10. 1 being a terrible job and 10 being an amazing job.
    "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?' On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? -Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)

Would possibly rank him as high as 7 or 8 if he didn't walk into a putrid situation. It's like being tossed the keys to an AMC Gremlin that was just pulled from underneath an 18-wheeler after a head-on collision and be expected to race in the Daytona 500.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Child View Post

Would possibly rank him as high as 7 or 8 if he didn't walk into a putrid situation. It's like being tossed the keys to an AMC Gremlin that was just pulled from underneath an 18-wheeler after a head-on collision and be expected to race in the Daytona 500.
    I gave him a three because he was in office when Bin Laden was killed. Not sure he or President Bush did anything to really help with that. The SEALS and Military Intelligent are the ones to give credit, but President Obama was in office and gave the order. However, if you look at the unemployment rate, it is basically remain stagnant. He promised to pull our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan, but they are still there. And then we added the fight to Libya, and I heard a rumor about Kenya now or something. He spends a ton, just like President Bush. Really, both presidents are similar in many ways. They should just make one party out of the Republicans and Democrats. Then let them face libertarians.
    "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?' On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? -Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)

I voted "1" only because there were no negative numbers.
    "If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist.....
    ....you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."

poet Guest
    I gave him a 7 because he has tried to at least do something(s)...
    The Republicans have obstructed him, at every turn...and refuse to compromise on anything. I don't believe that ever occurred between the Dems and George W. Bush.
    It's Obama's turn, but it hasn't been effective, due to the Repubs trying to undermine his presidency, above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    I gave him a 7 because he has tried to at least do something(s)...
    The Republicans have obstructed him, at every turn...and refuse to compromise on anything. I don't believe that ever occurred between the Dems and George W. Bush.
    It's Obama's turn, but it hasn't been effective, due to the Repubs trying to undermine his presidency, above all else.
    LOL!

We had a saying in the Marine Corps: Never confuse effort with results.

The Republicans are not obstructing him. the Senate Democrats are obstructing the bills passed by the House.

Ask yourself....When was the last time the Democrat Senate passed a budget? I believe it's been about 1007 days, give or take a day. Now that's obstructionism by the Democrats.
    "If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you're not a racist.....
    ....you'll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you're not an idiot."

Smile

If I were one of the billionaires who received a multi-zillion dollar bailout I would give Obama a 10. Or if I were one of the war profiteers who has made a lot of money lately I would give Obama a 10.

I aon the other hand give Obama a one. Same as George Bush. The main difference between Obama and Bush is that Obama is very smart. Bush is dumber than my neighbors dog. Obama is Tweedle-dee and Bush was Tweedle-dumb.

I would give him a 8, not for his achievements, but for thankfully awakening the people of our nation (USA) to what they are getting ready to lose.
    Last edited by greg79f150; 02-17-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I voted "1" only because there were no negative numbers.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    LOL!

We had a saying in the Marine Corps: Never confuse effort with results.

The Republicans are not obstructing him. the Senate Democrats are obstructing the bills passed by the House.

Ask yourself....When was the last time the Democrat Senate passed a budget? I believe it's been about 1007 days, give or take a day. Now that's obstructionism by the Democrats.
    On the contrary they are obstructing him, they are keeping him from failing even worse (which to him is suceeding and why rush said I want him to fail).

With what he advocates, I light a candle in the shrine of liberty every time I hear that he's not doing anything.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

It was necessary for Obama to take out Osama because of the pesky similarity of their names. I think the President got tired of being called President Osama and bin Laden had to leave the premises.

President Obama does seem to have a shocking number of notches on the peeps to eliminate post.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Bush couldn't take out Osama bin Laden. He had too many financial and other connections to the family. That's why Bush quashed the Tora Bora takedown of bin Laden:
    Shortly after 9/11, the Pentagon ordered a top secret team of American commandos into Afghanistan with a single, simple order: kill Osama bin Laden. It was America’s best chance to eliminate the leader of al Qaeda....

“Our job was to go find him, capture or kill him, and we knew the writing on the wall was to kill him.”...

“The idea was that if this all worked out Osama bin Laden would be dead, and no one would ever know that Delta Force was there?” Pelley asks.
    “That’s right,” Fury says. “That’s the plan. And that always is when you’re talking about Delta Force.”

And there was no mission more important to the United States. “We’ll smoke him out of his cave and we’ll get him eventually,” President Bush had vowed.

But the administration’s strategy was to let Afghans do most of the fighting. Using radio intercepts and other intelligence, the CIA pinpointed bin Laden in the mountains near the border of Pakistan.
    Delta Force Blames Bush For Bin Laden’s Tora Bora Escape : freshrant : Exquisitely Baked Satire

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld were incompetent fools in military strategy. Also, they did not want to take bin Laden out.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

As I said before I think Obama has done a great job of administering the country for the rich people.

Of course, George Bush was on the side of the rich people as well, but George Bush was an incompetent failure.

Obama began his administration by giving away hundreds of billions of dollars to the wealthiest members of our society. Basically, just like George Bush, Obama believes in welfare for the rich.

Under George Bush and Barack Obama the rich have done very well, while many working-class Americans are finding it increasingly difficult to pay their bills.

I think the Democrats are basically sane intelligent Republicans. The Republicans are a bunch of crazies, anybody who was seen the debates knows that.
    Choosing between the Democrats and the Republicans is like choosing between AIDS and cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld were incompetent fools in military strategy. Also, they did not want to take bin Laden out.
    ROFL, as opposed to the sun tzu like Obama? Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    ROFL, as opposed to the sun tzu like Obama? Pathetic.
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
    Yes, and usually when my opponents have nothing better to talk about than my self-image I am convinced they don't know what they're talking about.

I would hardly of credited bush with capturing osama except in the broadest sense that he supported two invasions, I certainly won't credit obama in the slightest. I am absolutely convinced that the last president that led from the front or formulated any military strategy of consequence was Washington. That seemed to be the way people wanted it too, no napoleon's; civilians. Can't have it both ways though.