Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: RIP Steve Jobs.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Yes, we are. Not going to allow you to sweep those under the rug, as is your usual habit.
    I'd rather throw them in the trash where they belong. It doesn't matter which book of the Book of fairy tales you want to use.. you still can't prove that Jebus was real, that God exists, or that you have a clue......

    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Strawman. Never said it wasn't. Neither does the Bible say the earth was 6,000 years old.
    The rest of your post was horse manure as well.
    No it doesn't say it in those words but tracing the genealogies from Jebus back to Adam gives a rough estimate of the age of the earth... which is why anyone with a brain would know that the book of fairy tales and the religion founded on it are nothing more than delusion ....
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Originally Posted by Easyrider
    Strawman. Never said it wasn't. Neither does the Bible say the earth was 6,000 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    No it doesn't say it in those words but tracing the genealogies from Jebus back to Adam gives a rough estimate of the age of the earth... which is why anyone with a brain would know that the book of fairy tales and the religion founded on it are nothing more than delusion ....
    You're deluded, as usual.

    Everybody who has even remotely studied these issues understands the "telescoping" of genealogies in Genesis and elsewhere.

    The Genesis Genealogies | Reasons To Believe

    Get a new dog. That one doesn't hunt.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,073
    Easy...

    Jewish historians report the execution of one Jesus from Nazareth. Do they also confirm that this Jesus was perfirming miracles? Do they report resurrection?

    IIRC, Roman historians also report the execution of one Jesus from Nazareth. Do they also confirm that this Jesus was perfirming miracles?Do they report resurrection?

    Do you even see the distinction here?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Iuris View Post
    Easy...

    Jewish historians report the execution of one Jesus from Nazareth. Do they also confirm that this Jesus was perfirming miracles? Do they report resurrection?

    IIRC, Roman historians also report the execution of one Jesus from Nazareth. Do they also confirm that this Jesus was perfirming miracles?Do they report resurrection?

    Do you even see the distinction here?
    I thought only a few people were privy to the resurrection initially and I doubt that either the Jews or the Romans would report it even if they knew.
    Same really for the miracles..there were a few spectacular ones but nothing that the Romans or Jews would want to record for posterity.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    Quote Originally Posted by jyoshu View Post
    RIP Steve Jobs. The technology industry has lost possibly its greatest innovator.
    Nicely said, Jyoshu.

    I salute you for not taking on the mantle of God Almighty Himself.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Iuris View Post
    Easy...

    Jewish historians report the execution of one Jesus from Nazareth. Do they also confirm that this Jesus was perfirming miracles? Do they report resurrection?

    IIRC, Roman historians also report the execution of one Jesus from Nazareth. Do they also confirm that this Jesus was perfirming miracles?Do they report resurrection?

    Do you even see the distinction here?
    The miracles of Jesus and the resurrection is confirmed in all four independent, historical Gospels. The account of the Jews paying off the guards to lie about the resurrection is also duly noted.

    Do you have something else?
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    The miracles of Jesus and the resurrection is confirmed in all four independent, historical Gospels. The account of the Jews paying off the guards to lie about the resurrection is also duly noted.

    Do you have something else?
    no Ezridden.. they are not Confirmed. The Gospels were not independent, in fact three of them borrowed from the first, and they couldn't even get their stories straight...lol...

    There is no empirical evidence that jebus even existed. he's not mentioned in any jewish history outside of the bible.. his so called crucifixion was never recorded or confirmed by the Romans who supposedly carried out said execution... I won't ask because we know YOU have nothing else.

    Deluded old fool....
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1
    i won't like debates guys... but i do believe the existence of God.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    no Ezridden.. they are not Confirmed. The Gospels were not independent, in fact three of them borrowed from the first....
    No, Mr. Bowels. That's nonsense. That's a discredited liberal theory, not an established fact.

    And they are independent. They were written by different people at different times in different localities.

    So take your left wing, bath house theology and go flush it where it belongs.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    No, Mr. Bowels. That's nonsense. That's a discredited liberal theory, not an established fact.

    And they are independent. They were written by different people at different times in different localities.

    So take your left wing, bath house theology and go flush it where it belongs.
    None of them were signed, you don't know who wrote which version.. but it's a fact that they borrowed the fairy tales from each other... get a new book, that one is out dated.....
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    None of them were signed, you don't know who wrote which version.. but it's a fact that they borrowed the fairy tales from each other... get a new book, that one is out dated.....
    You're full of it. Just shows you've never studied the subject.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •