Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 106 to 119 of 119

Thread: Christian Nation Quiz

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    yada , yada, yada.. start out a reply with an insult and then expect anyone to take anything you say serious.. ?.. when are you going to realize I DON"T CARE what you're opinion of me is. I have No doubt you are delusional.. much like some of the others I've seen on this forum.
    I don't care if you don't care, nothing can be more disgusting or petty than your signature behavior as typified in the 'is there a scientific conspiracy to cover the truth' thread. I could crack mother jokes for two thousand years before I approached your crude meaningless attitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    I don't have to show you as changing your position, you do plenty of that playing your stupid games and avoiding actually answering questions.
    Rofl, here let me try: I don't need to prove I am right all the time, everyone with a brain knows that already.

    Nope still doesn't fit, I have been totally corrupted by logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    lmao.. can only laugh at how ignorant you really are.
    You can only laugh, and insult because those are covers for all you are willing to do: ignore.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    again with the link to perhaps the most ignorant post on the forum.

    I'm not ignoring any argument.. you have yet to provide one. Posting the same link to the same OPINION is not providing an argument. you expect me to believe just because you borrowed some information from dingbats such as Ayn Rand and Ron Paul and came up with some ignorant Theory for Utopia that I should just take it as fact and move on...
    http://www.4forums.com/political/for...ideal-one.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    I've told you I don't agree with your theory.. I shouldn't need to explain why.
    Oh wait let me guess, because you're right until proven otherwise?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post

    Have been open the entire time.. are yours?




































    What was I saying? Oh yes that you post without arguing; thanks for proving me completely wrong I wouldn't want to think something like that about a fellow poster.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    You can only laugh, and insult because those are covers for all you are willing to do: ignore.
    If you haven't noticed I only ignore YOU.. Get your facts straight..
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    If you haven't noticed I only ignore YOU.. Get your facts straight..
    Maybe I'm the only one who is foolish enough to treat you like someone who deserves honest answers, but no I've seen you do the exact same thing to others. You come in like a dive bomber, make your assertions, insult people, dismiss their statements and arguments as opinion; maybe drop some useless link or data that doesn't really support your position... and then poof, your avatar is there and posts keep coming out of it but as predictable as the sun rising you say nothing new and respond to no further arguments or evidence.

    Even brutus was able to make you look idiotic with quotes from Jefferson that completely contradicted what you said not two posts before. You're the only one on this forum who is supporting his constant 'too stupid' chanting.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  4. #109
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Xcaliber go easy on Freedom, he is a very sensitive boy.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one who is foolish enough to treat you like someone who deserves honest answers, but no I've seen you do the exact same thing to others. You come in like a dive bomber, make your assertions, insult people, dismiss their statements and arguments as opinion; maybe drop some useless link or data that doesn't really support your position... and then poof, your avatar is there and posts keep coming out of it but as predictable as the sun rising you say nothing new and respond to no further arguments or evidence.

    Even brutus was able to make you look idiotic with quotes from Jefferson that completely contradicted what you said not two posts before. You're the only one on this forum who is supporting his constant 'too stupid' chanting.
    Keep lying to yourself, it only supports my opinion of you...

    And for your information Brutus hasn't proven anything other than the fact that he can't comprehend truth. It's a Historical FACT that Jefferson was not a christian, or a conservative in the modern view of conservatism. Making up history or taking famous quotes out of context is not proof .. and you're ignorant to believe otherwise...

    Let me know when you can actually give an honest answer and I might take you more serious... until then it's back to manual ignore for you....
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Xcaliber go easy on Freedom, he is a very sensitive boy.
    Yes, we wouldn't want me to be whipped again

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Let me know when you can actually give an honest answer and I might take you more serious... until then it's back to manual ignore for you....
    You can't comprehend an honest answer, all the ones I have been giving you are wasted.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    You can't comprehend an honest answer, all the ones I have been giving you are wasted.

    Awwwww.......
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Keep lying to yourself.... It's a Historical FACT that Jefferson was not a christian....
    He said he was.

    "I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus."

    You're busted, carp breath.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    He said he was.

    "I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus."

    You're busted, carp breath.
    No he didn't.. Jefferson did not believe in the divinity of Christ.. read his book.. his own words.. THE JEFFERSON BIBLE... where he took out the myth and miracles and the supernatural aspect of Jebus...

    You couldn't bust your way out of a wet sack...
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    No he didn't.. Jefferson did not believe in the divinity of Christ.. read his book.. his own words.. THE JEFFERSON BIBLE... where he took out the myth and miracles and the supernatural aspect of Jebus...
    He also said...
    • "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

    • "History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose. "

    • "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites" –Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782.

    • "Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and importers led by Paul, the first great corrupter of the teaching of Jesus."

    • "The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulterated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy, in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ."

    • "I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."


    Jefferson meant he was "a real Christian," in the sense of "a person who truly follows the moral precepts of a (non-divine, non-supernatural, historical) person called Jesus."

    As opposed to pseudo-Christians who spend their time gleefully damning non-believers to "The Pit" and calling them "carp-breath" like a demented, very un-Christlike 3-year-old.
    McKown's Law: "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

    "We are to find God in what we know, not in what we don't know"
    --Dietrich Bonfhoeffer

    "I don't go to mythical places with strange men." -- Douglas Adams

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWriteLA View Post
    He also said...
    • "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

    • "History I believe furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose. "

    • "Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned. What has been the effect of this coercion? To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites" –Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782.

    • "Rogueries, absurdities and untruths were perpetrated upon the teachings of Jesus by a large band of dupes and importers led by Paul, the first great corrupter of the teaching of Jesus."

    • "The clergy converted the simple teachings of Jesus into an engine for enslaving mankind and adulterated by artificial constructions into a contrivance to filch wealth and power to themselves...these clergy, in fact, constitute the real Anti-Christ."

    • "I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."


    Jefferson meant he was "a real Christian," in the sense of "a person who truly follows the moral precepts of a (non-divine, non-supernatural, historical) person called Jesus."

    As opposed to pseudo-Christians who spend their time gleefully damning non-believers to "The Pit" and calling them "carp-breath" like a demented, very un-Christlike 3-year-old.
    Just as a matter of interest can you provide a quote from Jefferson denying that Christ was divine?
    There is no direct reference to it in the quotes provided( that I can see)
    Richard Dawkins quote..
    .'I dont think its a very important question whether Jesus existed. Some historians.. MOST historians think he did.
    I dont really care, precisely because its petty. Maybe I've alluded to the possibilty that some historians think Jesus never existed. I take that back Jesus existed........

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Just as a matter of interest can you provide a quote from Jefferson denying that Christ was divine?
    There is no direct reference to it in the quotes provided( that I can see)
    "And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."
    -- Jefferson's letter to John Adams, April 11 1823

    "The office of reformer of the superstitions of a nation is ever dangerous. Jesus had to walk on the perilous confines of reason and religion; and a step to right or left might place Him within the grasp of the priests of the superstition, a bloodthirsty race, as cruel and remorseless as the Being whom they represented as the family God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel. They were constantly laying snares, too, to entangle Him in the web of the law. He was justifiable, therefore, in avoiding these by evasions, by sophisms, by misconstructions and misapplications of scraps of the prophets, and in defending Himself with these their own weapons, as sufficient, ad homines, at least. That Jesus did not mean to impose Himself on mankind as the Son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in the lore."
    -- Thomas Jefferson's letter to William Short, August 4, 1820

    Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

    If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? ...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814

    Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short, April 13, 1820

    (in reference to the book of revelations.)
    It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Apocalypse], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825

    Priests...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of the duperies on which they live.
    -Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Correa de Serra, April 11, 1820


    Thomas Jefferson quotes

    And then there is this..

    The Jefferson Bible
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    "And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."
    -- Jefferson's letter to John Adams, April 11 1823

    "The office of reformer of the superstitions of a nation is ever dangerous. Jesus had to walk on the perilous confines of reason and religion; and a step to right or left might place Him within the grasp of the priests of the superstition, a bloodthirsty race, as cruel and remorseless as the Being whom they represented as the family God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel. They were constantly laying snares, too, to entangle Him in the web of the law. He was justifiable, therefore, in avoiding these by evasions, by sophisms, by misconstructions and misapplications of scraps of the prophets, and in defending Himself with these their own weapons, as sufficient, ad homines, at least. That Jesus did not mean to impose Himself on mankind as the Son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in the lore."
    -- Thomas Jefferson's letter to William Short, August 4, 1820

    Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

    If we did a good act merely from love of God and a belief that it is pleasing to Him, whence arises the morality of the Atheist? ...Their virtue, then, must have had some other foundation than the love of God.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Thomas Law, June 13, 1814

    Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Short, April 13, 1820

    (in reference to the book of revelations.)
    It is between fifty and sixty years since I read it [the Apocalypse], and I then considered it merely the ravings of a maniac, no more worthy nor capable of explanation than the incoherences of our own nightly dreams.
    -Thomas Jefferson, letter to General Alexander Smyth, Jan. 17, 1825

    Priests...dread the advance of science as witches do the approach of daylight and scowl on the fatal harbinger announcing the subversions of the duperies on which they live.
    -Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Correa de Serra, April 11, 1820


    Thomas Jefferson quotes

    And then there is this..

    The Jefferson Bible
    Thank you Xcaliber.
    Richard Dawkins quote..
    .'I dont think its a very important question whether Jesus existed. Some historians.. MOST historians think he did.
    I dont really care, precisely because its petty. Maybe I've alluded to the possibilty that some historians think Jesus never existed. I take that back Jesus existed........

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,972
    From Jefferson's letter To Dr. Benjamin Rush, April 21, 1803:

    "To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed opposed, but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to his doctrines in preference to all others, ascribing to himself every human excellence, and believing he never claimed any other." [Boldface mine, italics Jefferson's.]
    McKown's Law: "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

    "We are to find God in what we know, not in what we don't know"
    --Dietrich Bonfhoeffer

    "I don't go to mythical places with strange men." -- Douglas Adams

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •