Thread: The Intentional Bankruptcy of Our Nation

The Intentional Bankruptcy of Our Nation

Because of a number of powerful, mad dog Republicans, the overweening doctrine of this new and strange Republican party has become to take down the black president even if it is necessary to destroy our nation in the process.

It is sad that these dogs will never be tried as the traitors that they truly are.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

What bankruptcy do you speak of? Are you complaining about the widespread financial bailouts that were given to corrupt organizations that proved incapable of managing their own money? The sinking of the American economy by borrowing trillions of dollars from foreign nations that we can never repay? The country's inability to remain functioning without sinking further into debt and prostituting itself in the process?

Or instead of these legitimate positions regarding the true bankruptcy of the nation, are you rather launching baseless attacks regarding opponents of Obama and his policies? In which case this is the wrong thread to be discussing the current economic meltdown the country is faced with.

The constitution protects dissenting opinions, disagreements with government policy, and the people calling for the current president or congress to be impeached and recalled due to incompetence and idiocy.

Can you substantiate your claims of republicans being traitors who need to be tried for their supposed crimes? If so then why have you not presented the needed evidence to establish your position and legitimize your claims?
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Our nation is paralyzed by moneyed corporate power, a media controlled by the industrial military complex, and a desperate majority of the working class which has no time to tend to civic matters as they either work at two or three full-time jobs to survive, or are desperately searching for work.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Then perhaps you should attempt to explain your accusations of treason being directed against the republican party and how they're supposedly responsible for the economic mess the country is currently in.

The last time I checked it was Obama and his democrat oriented administration that was proposing new taxes. It was the democratic party that gave bailout money to giant corporations while leaving the average people with nothing. I see no justification for laying blame at the feet of the republicans unless you can back up your claims.

Furthermore the claim of "a media controlled by the industrial military complex" seems entirely out of place in this discussion, serving no role other than that of a diversionary tactic.
    If one cannot have an argument without resorting to hyperbole, name calling and emotional rhetoric, then they have lost the argument from their first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenamnes View Post
    The last time I checked it was Obama and his democrat oriented administration that was proposing new taxes. It was the democratic party that gave bailout money to giant corporations while leaving the average people with nothing. I see no justification for laying blame at the feet of the republicans unless you can back up your claims.
    No it was actually Bush who bailed out Wall street, it was Bush who bailed out the Airlines, it was Bush and a Republican Congress that pushed through massive Tax cuts which gutted the Government income at a time when spending was skyrocketing by way of two needless Wars and A huge Corporate Welfare system designed to make the Rich richer while the rest of the nation sank . Now the GOP/Teabag association is willing to turn down 4 trillion dollars in Spending Cuts and risk taking the Nation into Default all to protect the Top 1 % whom they claim are " job Creators" but so far they have created NO JOBS.... Obama continued spending more, and with Revenues at the lowest point in history we have no money to pay the bills so our debt increases . The GOP and teabaggers are holding America Hostage trying to push their anti Obama agenda.. I think calling them traitors is an under statement.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

Yeah! What XCaliber said!