Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Fun in Pakistan

More Fun in Pakistan

Not much fun for the injured and the families of the dead, d*ckhead.

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Not much fun for the injured and the families of the dead, d*ckhead.
    Yes not much fun for them.

Before you point a finger at me consider this, US is involved because a conservative administration put us there. Hey, you are a conservative aren't you?

Are you still mad at me because of what I said in the other thread, because it's showing.

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    And we are still involved because a democratic regime hasn't pulled us out of there.

What is our goal over there again?
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post
    And we are still involved because a democratic regime hasn't pulled us out of there.

What is our goal over there again?
    The answer to the problem should have been applied at the beginning, now their is not much anyone can do about it without making a big mess.

If we simply abandoned Iraq and Afghanistan right now both economies would probably crash, both countries would fall under the rule of the religious retards and many innocent people would suffer.

What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Yes not much fun for them.

Before you point a finger at me consider this, US is involved because a conservative administration put us there. Hey, you are a conservative aren't you?

Are you still mad at me because of what I said in the other thread, because it's showing.
    What the hell are talking about?
    What is showing very clearly is that you are a disrespectful d*ckwad who tries to make light of others' suffering.
    I dont know what you said on another thread that you should think I am mad at you. I usually brush you off quite easily..I cant remember any time I havent

Do you honestly think slick willy wouldnt have sent US forces into Afghanistan after 9/11?
    Maybe not Iraq though

So you don't think anything should have done differently?

So you don't think anything should have done differently?
    I never said that.

The answer to the problem should have been applied at the beginning, now their is not much anyone can do about it without making a big mess.

If we simply abandoned Iraq and Afghanistan right now both economies would probably crash, both countries would fall under the rule of the religious retards and many innocent people would suffer.

What would you do?
    I give a poop about their economies? Not likely. I'm more concerned about our economy, and these 2 wars are simply wasteful toilets that we are throwing money into without having either a clear objective or benefit for the US.

I would have all of our troops packing and on their way home by midnight if it were up to me. Let these countries fall on their faces. Clearly, Afghanistan and Iraq are not interested in our version of democracy. The only way the people of these nations are ever going to experience real and lasting freedom and peace is if they fight for it and take it themselves. Freedom is not something that can be given to you, you need to earn it.

And people are suffering now as it is. If you help the Americans, they XXXX you up. If you help the opposition, we XXXX you up. I don't think most people really have an understanding of how many innocent people suffer in a war zone.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way

I give a poop about their economies? Not likely. I'm more concerned about our economy, and these 2 wars are simply wasteful toilets that we are throwing money into without having either a clear objective or benefit for the US.

I would have all of our troops packing and on their way home by midnight if it were up to me. Let these countries fall on their faces. Clearly, Afghanistan and Iraq are not interested in our version of democracy. The only way the people of these nations are ever going to experience real and lasting freedom and peace is if they fight for it and take it themselves. Freedom is not something that can be given to you, you need to earn it.

And people are suffering now as it is. If you help the Americans, they XXXX you up. If you help the opposition, we XXXX you up. I don't think most people really have an understanding of how many innocent people suffer in a war zone.
    OK, why can't we just get out? There must be some reason the US is not pulling out rapidly right now, what is it?

Please dont tell me that you believe the US armed forces were in Afghanistan to fight for the Afghani peoples' freedom.Ditto Iraq

Under Bush we went into Afghanistan to find Bin Laden , where we were told he was hiding. We met resistance from the controlling power in the Taliban, so it was decided to remove them from power . Now with Obama in office we can't just pull out like it never happened, that would cause more trouble in the end. We have allies among the Afghan people, if we pull out without making sure the Taliban is gone they will simply take over control and we would in effect be responsible for more deaths. The Taliban would subsequently round up anyone who supported the U.S. and assassinate them. Basically the same reason we are still somewhat in Iraq. We removed their Government and attempted to install a Democratic System there, which so far seems like a big failure.

The Entire nation is still paying for Bush's blundering policy and probably will pay for some years to come.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

OK, why can't we just get out? There must be some reason the US is not pulling out rapidly right now, what is it?
    Pride? Arrogance? Fear that it will show weakness? Stupidity? Take your pick.

Now if you want to make the argument that these nations will "hate us more" if we just tuck tail and run, ok...I'll play along. I would be willing to concede a 6 month warning before we remove our armed forces...give them a chance to prepare. As I have said before...if they wish to keep our civilian contractors such as Blackwater and Wackenhut...they can pay for them. Why should we foot the bill to protect people who clearly don't make any effort on their part to ensure their own security?

Long is the way

If the US pull out of Afghanistan now the Taliban can and probably will take over all but the main cities in Pakistan.
    Destabilising a nuclear power who has a fraught relationship with a neighbouring nuclear power, India could have potentially catastrophic results for the entire world.