Thread: Tim Wise: The Pathology of Privilege

poet Guest

Tim Wise: The Pathology of Privilege

Tim Wise Tim Wise at First Church of Boston, April 20, 2011 – “Beached White Males” and the Pathology of Privilege

YouTube - Tim Wise - First Church of Boston - 4/20/11 - Reflections on the "Beached White Male"

"Here is a brief video clip from my recent appearance at a fundraiser for Community Change, in Boston. I am discussing the recent Newsweek cover story about the recession and “beached white males,” and the way the authors missed the real story. It’s not that white men are the hardest hit in this recession–they aren’t by a long shot–but because of privilege and entitlement, they have had the hardest time coping with the exigencies of an imploding economy…sadly, instead of using the experience to foment solidarity with folks of color, many are missing the larger lessons…"- Tim Wise

Here you have a white man, identifying the construct that is "white privilege" and exposing the myth of "reverse discrimination". Deal with it. Discuss. Or Defend. - poet

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Here you have a white man
    Here you have a ____ man....

Deal with it.
    ... but I'll ignore you

Discuss.
    ... I might still need to ignore you

Or Defend
    ... and I will sign your 'white privilege free' card
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

poet Guest
    Really, Freedom? You have something to say about my OP? Really? Well, I could care less, what you think. Hence, you're on ignore, and there shall remain.

Tim Wise Tim Wise at First Church of Boston, April 20, 2011 – “Beached White Males” and the Pathology of Privilege

YouTube - Tim Wise - First Church of Boston - 4/20/11 - Reflections on the "Beached White Male"

"Here is a brief video clip from my recent appearance at a fundraiser for Community Change, in Boston. I am discussing the recent Newsweek cover story about the recession and “beached white males,” and the way the authors missed the real story. It’s not that white men are the hardest hit in this recession–they aren’t by a long shot–but because of privilege and entitlement, they have had the hardest time coping with the exigencies of an imploding economy…sadly, instead of using the experience to foment solidarity with folks of color, many are missing the larger lessons…"- Tim Wise

Here you have a white man, identifying the construct that is "white privilege" and exposing the myth of "reverse discrimination". Deal with it. Discuss. Or Defend. - poet
    Was there a point to changing what is called favoritism to white privilege other than to try and make it something unique to the US and whites? Guess what, it happens everywhere amoung all races. Whenever you have two groups you are going to run into this.

I question anything that becomes a loaded question leaving only to agree or by disagreeing becoming something not necessarily true. Like "Do you still beat your wife" or "When you rape your neighbors pets do like the dog or cat better?" Theories like this think they are the only possibility and while they may hold some valid pieces they rarely make up the whole puzzle.

LET"S BE CLEAR. I don't agree with or support or look to justify or validate favoritism or racism. Because I disagree with the interpretation and use of the "white previlige" concept does not mean I don't see that it has some truth to it.

This idea tries to absolve minorities from any responsibility while placing all the blame on the white majority. If you look at other countries where whites are not a majority you will find a favoritism within the various segments of the population. You can find it here in the US between different minority groups and between men and women and even among the same group using social or economic characteristics as the point of division.

If minorities are only in the position they are in and whites in the position they are in because whites intentionally kept opportunities away from minorities has some truth to it but can not be considered the dominate cause. If it was the world would look very different.

It is good that socioeconomic problems are getting the attention as a cause to the problems that give ammunition to negative racial perceptions. Instead of saying cops are racist and that is why more minorities end up in jail looking at what is causing more minorities to accept crime as an alternative.There isn't some crime gene that is missing in white people. This tries to identify the reasons for the socioeconomic issues that push people to cross the line of what is acceptable behavior and what is not, but ultimately I think it accepts to much of the why and inadvertantly contributes to the problem

Maybe I am wrong or don't get what this is concerning, but getting me to understand better is your burden

poet Guest
    Really, Butterfly, you have something to say to me???? LOL

Really, Butterfly, you have something to say to me???? LOL
    Nevermind. I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by pappillion001 View Post
    Nevermind. I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt. My mistake.
    Tried to warn you

Really, Freedom? You have something to say about my OP? Really? Well, I could care less, what you think. Hence, you're on ignore, and there shall remain.
    You do know that if I railed "black males" of privilege in a thread I would be the subject of a racist witch hunt right? So what in God's name makes you think this thread is OK?
    "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and [heck], we're not using it anymore."
    -Jay Leno

poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooterandproud View Post
    You do know that if I railed "black males" of privilege in a thread I would be the subject of a racist witch hunt right? So what in God's name makes you think this thread is OK?
    What black males are privileged on the basis of "being born black"????
    A whole lot of white folks who don't think they should be entitled, in fact , "are", on the basis of them happening to be born "white'. What a stupid question.
    You can be a white criminal...an abuser, a XXXX poor human being, and when entering a dept. store, expect not to be followed around lke he was going to steal something. I can be dressed in a DKNY Jacket, nice trousers, shined black Kenneth Cole shoes, sharp as a tack, and a security guard will eye me down as I'm perusing clothes in an upscale thrift store, watching my every move. Don't play with me. I'm not in the mood.

What black males are privileged on the basis of "being born black"????
    None, just like everyone else.

A whole lot of white folks who don't think they should be entitled, in fact , "are", on the basis of them happenng to be born "white'. What a stupid question.
    So they should feel guilty? Rational people don't believe in inherited guilt anymore than inherited privilege.

You can be a white criminal...an abuser, a XXXX poor human being, and when entering a dept. store, expect not to be followed around lke he was going to steal something. I can be dressed in a DKNY Jacket, nice trousers, shined black Kenneth Cole shoes, sharp as a tack, and a security guard will eye me down as I'm perusing clothes in an upscale thrift store, watching my every move.
    You are paranoid, that's their job. Haven't ever seen a dark skinned guard before?

Or maybe your right, and they have a 6th sense for insane thoughts.

Tim Wise is a FRAUD.

Tim Wise is jewish. If you think judaism is just a religion and that still makes Tim Wise "white" think again. You don't have to look far to find quotations of prominent jews declaring themselves "jews" and not "white" at all. Do some more research to see the genuine attitude of jews towards ALL gentiles. They are disgusting racial supremacists. We are all "cattle" to them, as is quoted in the Talmud and from modern Rabbis. The chief sephardic rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, recently made a revealing series of comments such as:

“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world, only to serve the people of Israel…Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like effendi and eat!”

It is through deception, mainly infiltrating and posing as a member of the gentile community which offers them the quickest route to power. In the case of Tim Wise, and many many others, that they slip on their "white" disguise which gives them credibility and the license to spread their hate in the form of "self-critism". But Wise is a fraud. He is acting as a jew and in the interest of the jews by attacking the traditional "white" gentile community and it's traditional structure. It is looking through the context of Tim Wise being a jew that his actions start to make sense and his motives become clear. Many of the worst "white" racists were showered with media attention and used to smear the white community as racist were, in fact, jews. False flag operations, they have a long history of them in every form. Educate yourself on the "enemy within".

From the Talmud:

"On the house of the Goy [Goy means unclean, and is the disparaging term for a non-Jew] one looks as on the fold of cattle."
    --Tosefta, Tractate Erubin VIII

"When a Jew has a Gentile in his clutches, another Jew may go to the same Gentile, lend him money and in turn deceive him, so that the Gentile shall be ruined. For the property of a Gentile, according to our law, belongs to no one, and the first Jew that passes has full right to seize it."
    --Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 156

"To communicate anything to a Goy about our religious relations would be equal to the killing of all Jews, for if the Goyim knew what we teach about them, they would kill us openly."
    --Libbre David 37

"A Jew should and must make a false oath when the Goyim asks if our books contain anything against them."
    --Szaaloth-Utszabot, The Book of Jore Dia 17

"The Feast of Tabernacles is the period when Israel triumphs over the other people of the world. That is why during this feast we seize the loulab and carry it as a trophy to show that we have conquered all other peoples, known as "populace"..."
    --Zohar, Toldoth Noah 63b

"Kill the Goyim by any means possible."
    --Choshen Ha'mishpat 425:50

"Everyone who sheds the blood of the impious [non-Jews] is as acceptable to God as he who offers a sacrifice to God."
    --Yalkut 245c

"Extermination of the Christians is a necessary sacrifice."
    --Zohar, Shemoth

"Tob shebbe goyyim harog - Even the best of the Goyim (Gentiles) should be killed."
    --Soferim 15, Rule 10

Jehovah created the non-Jew in human form so that the Jew would not have to be served by beasts. The non-Jew is consequently an animal in human form, and condemned to serve the Jew day and night.
    Midrasch Talpioth, p. 225-L

"Everything a Jew needs for his church ritual no goy is permitted to manufacture, but only a Jew, because this must be manufactured by human beings and the Jew is not permitted to consider the goyim as human beings.'
    --Schulchan Oruch, Orach Chaiw 14, 20, 32, 33, 39. TaIDud Jebamoth 61

"A Jew may do to a non-Jewess what he can do. He may treat her as he treats a piece of meat."
    Hadarine, 20, B; Schulchan Aruch, Choszen Hamiszpat 348

"A Jew may violate but not marry a non-Jewish girl."
    Gad. Shas. 2:2

For me, its not all about the color but we should be considerate of the good attitude that person he may be. we are all human beings whom are not born to be like PERFECT!