Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 221

Thread: The intellectual basis on which to blame Democrats for million of dead people

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    421

    The intellectual basis on which to blame Democrats for million of dead people

    Few realize that when the Republican Party was formed in 1794 Republicans dreamed that their idea of freedom and liberty from government would spread around the entire world and thus bring peace and prosperity to the entire world as it had done here.

    As it turned out Democrats became a viable statist opposition and have remained so thus destroying the idea of freedom all over the world. This is why, for example, in Egypt they march to be free of somebody, but not free of government as our Founders did. They don't carry copies of the Constitution even when it worked so magnificantly in the USA, because of Democrats.

    Indeed, the shot heard 'round the world was not really heard very far thanks to the Democrats. Millions and million have died because of the Democrats' statist Anti- American ideology.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Few realize that when the Republican Party was formed in 1794 Republicans dreamed that their idea of freedom and liberty from government would spread around the entire world and thus bring peace and prosperity to the entire world as it had done here.

    As it turned out Democrats became a viable statist opposition and have remained so thus destroying the idea of freedom all over the world. This is why, for example, in Egypt they march to be free of somebody, but not free of government as our Founders did. They don't carry copies of the Constitution even when it worked so magnificantly in the USA, because of Democrats.

    Indeed, the shot heard 'round the world was not really heard very far thanks to the Democrats. Millions and million have died because of the Democrats' statist Anti- American ideology.
    Your nuts.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
    Your nuts.
    You have a one track mind JJ

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,040
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    You have a one track mind JJ
    Choo! Choo!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
    Your nuts.
    Do you have the IQ to present a reason??

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Few realize that when the Republican Party was formed in 1794 Republicans dreamed that their idea of freedom and liberty from government would spread around the entire world and thus bring peace and prosperity to the entire world as it had done here.

    As it turned out Democrats became a viable statist opposition and have remained so thus destroying the idea of freedom all over the world. This is why, for example, in Egypt they march to be free of somebody, but not free of government as our Founders did. They don't carry copies of the Constitution even when it worked so magnificantly in the USA, because of Democrats.

    Indeed, the shot heard 'round the world was not really heard very far thanks to the Democrats. Millions and million have died because of the Democrats' statist Anti- American ideology.
    You must be the most ignorant poster I've seen here. Not only do you seem to have some anal fixation on the democratic party but you don't even know your parties own history. The Republican Party we know today wasn't formed until the 1860's, when Lincoln took office as the First "REPUBLICAN". Before that the party was known as the Democratic/Republican Party and Jefferson was the First to be elected under this party. Some historians called it the republican party but their Views were more in line with that of the Modern Day Democrat , Yes, Old Republicans became Democrats when the Parties split and Started running as Democrats vs. Republicans. Their was also The Federalist party, the Whig party and others.

    And on another note.. It's YOUR precious Ignorant Republicans who are destroying the Fabric of this Nation. You don't present any Evidence of the Number of Americans who have died " at the hands of the Democrats".. you only make the statement as if it's a fact , which makes you ignorant of reality. Go learn something before you decide to post nonsense.
    "You're too stupid to be saved." -- EasyRider.


    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
    Epicurus

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    The Republican Party we know today wasn't formed until the 1860's, when Lincoln took office as the First "REPUBLICAN".
    so then please tell us what Party Jefferson formed in 1794 and whether it stood for freedom and liberty exactly as modern Republicans do???????????



    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Before that the party was known as the Democratic/Republican Party and Jefferson was the First to be elected under this party.
    of course I could pay you 10,000 if you had evidence from a primary source that Jefferson was a Democrat-Republican, rather than a Republican.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    Some historians called it the republican party
    more importantgly what did Jefferson call it?? What did the newspapers , speeches , and Congressional record call it????????

    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    but their Views were more in line with that of the Modern Day Democrat
    ,


    how could that be possible if Jefferson believed in freedom while modern Democrats believe in government??????


    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    And on another note.. It's YOUR precious Ignorant Republicans who are destroying the Fabric of this Nation.

    how can the support for freedom and liberty from government be destroying?? Are you a communist or monarchist??????/


    Quote Originally Posted by Xcaliber View Post
    You don't present any Evidence of the Number of Americans who have died " at the hands of the Democrats".. you only make the statement as if it's a fact , which makes you ignorant of reality. Go learn something before you decide to post nonsense.

    the Democrats love government and it is government that is responsible for all the wars, genocides, and poverty in human history!! Know you know why Jefferson gave us freedom and liberty from government. Welcome to your very first lesson in political philosophy

  8. #8
    poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Few realize that when the Republican Party was formed in 1794 Republicans dreamed that their idea of freedom and liberty from government would spread around the entire world and thus bring peace and prosperity to the entire world as it had done here.

    As it turned out Democrats became a viable statist opposition and have remained so thus destroying the idea of freedom all over the world. This is why, for example, in Egypt they march to be free of somebody, but not free of government as our Founders did. They don't carry copies of the Constitution even when it worked so magnificantly in the USA, because of Democrats.

    Indeed, the shot heard 'round the world was not really heard very far thanks to the Democrats. Millions and million have died because of the Democrats' statist Anti- American ideology.
    Mental illness.

  9. #9
    poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Do you have the IQ to present a reason??
    I do. And?

  10. #10
    poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    so then please tell us what Party Jefferson formed in 1794 and whether it stood for freedom and liberty exactly as modern Republicans do???????????





    of course I could pay you 10,000 if you had evidence from a primary source that Jefferson was a Democrat-Republican, rather than a Republican.



    more importantgly what did Jefferson call it?? What did the newspapers , speeches , and Congressional record call it????????

    ,


    how could that be possible if Jefferson believed in freedom while modern Democrats believe in government??????





    how can the support for freedom and liberty from government be destroying?? Are you a communist or monarchist??????/





    the Democrats love government and it is government that is responsible for all the wars, genocides, and poverty in human history!! Know you know why Jefferson gave us freedom and liberty from government. Welcome to your very first lesson in political philosophy


    Conservatism: The Politics Of Ignorance and Self-Interest

    The Goals Of Any Legitimate Political Philosophy
    Thomas Jefferson declared in the Declaration of Independence that the purpose of government is to secure for all persons subject to it, the rights, among others, of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." Just what these words mean have been the source of a great deal of discussion and debate in the centuries since they were written. How government best secures those rights for its citizens was never defined by Jefferson or the other thinkers from whom he drew is ideas, but I believe that most would agree that inasmuch as government affects economic activity as well as popular culture, a reasonable philosophy of government has to consider these influences as well. So in my mind, the government governs best which secures for the greatest number of its subjects the greatest good. In this essay, we will assume that all the people are equal before the law, have certain basic inalienable rights, and the purpose of government is to benefit as many people as possible, to the greatest extent possible, without prejudice on the basis of class.
    Having stated that as our goal, I would have to say that it will be our touchstone, if a proposal fails to adequately meet that test, it is not worthy of further consideration without modification.

    For example of how this 'touchstone' process works, a few years ago, a bill was passed in Congress and signed by President Reagan which allows the manufacturers of fertilizer to add toxic chemical waste to those fertilizers if that waste contains micronutrients that are useful to the plants to which the fertilizer is to be applied. The wastes are allowed to be added even if they contain other components that are dangerous, bad for the plants, or damaging to the land to which they are applied, or even toxic to humans if absorbed by food plants. Manufacturers of such fertilizer are specifically absolved of legal responsibility for damages, disease or death caused by the use of the product. Additionally, such fertilizers need not be so labeled, and are widely sold in the U.S. today. The majority of fertilizers sold, even in garden centers for use by the general public, have such contaminants.

    How does this law meet the touchstone requirement? Here's how it stacks up as I see it:

    Those who benefit:


    Manufacturers who create toxic waste and need a means of disposal.

    Fertilizer manufacturers who take a subsidy from the source of the toxic waste.

    Politicians who take campaign money from the above.

    A very small number of farmers and gardeners who may happen to benefit from the addition of certain needed micronutrients, who happen to have not gotten a batch that contained those nutrients, but didn't contain other, more toxic components.
    Those who are harmed:


    Purchasers who want to know the components of the fertilizer they are buying.

    Consumers of the food grown with those fertilizers, who may be poisoned by it.

    Owners of the land, who have no way of knowing that the fertilizer they are using is damaging their land, often permanently and irreparably.

    Future generations who have to deal with the toxic waste sites created by the innocent use of fertilizers containing permanently polluting contaminants.

    In the example cited above, clearly the number of people damaged by the law is much greater than the number who benefit by it. It therefore clearly fails the 'greatest good for the greatest number' touchstone test.

    The way a political philosophy is put together is by the means of resolving apparent contradictions. For a philosophy to be useful, it has to be somewhat predictive; i.e., it must describe what would happen in the general circumstances in which it is applied. About the only way this can be done is to resolve apparent contradictions.

    A word of warning here: humans are fallible. Because they are fallible, there will always be contradictions in any philosophy put together by humans. It simply isn't possible to create a system of philosophy which contains no contradictions at all. Having said that, however, it is to be noted that the philosophy is most likely to be predictive that is consistent. So we should try to resolve genuine a basic inconsistency whenever possible.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Mental illness.

    please try to present a reason for describing it as mental illness. See why we are positive a liberal will have a low IQ. It did not even occur to you to have a reason. A liberal is like an animal who only has emotions reactions and instincts.

  12. #12
    poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    please try to present a reason for describing it as mental illness. See why we are positive a liberal will have a low IQ. It did not even occur to you to have a reason. A liberal is like an animal who only has emotions reactions and instincts.
    B****, please. My I.Q. was last clocked at 126, a year ago. By any account, it's risen since then. That's 98.5 % better than the general population.
    I suggest that anyone subscribing to conservative ideology, must have a screw loose, to think that spending should be halted in a recession on the precipice of a depression. Paul Krugman said as much. And he won a Pulitzer Prize for Economics. Hello?
    I understand your vitriol, but it couldn't possibly match my own for conservatives.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    How government best secures those rights for its citizens was never defined by Jefferson

    That may be the most ignorant statement on earth!! No one on earth ever had more specific ideas than Jefferson!!
    He literally revolted against Washington, Hamilton, and Adams to form the Republican party in 1794 because he had precise and exact ideas. Here are some quotes to get you started on the freedom versus government issue that defined our politics since Jefferson introduced it:

    That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

    "The path we have to pursue[when Jefferson was President ] is so quiet that we have nothing scarcely to propose to our Legislature."

    -The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

    -The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.

    " the natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to grain ground; that the greater the government the stronger the exploiter and the weaker the producer; that , therefore, the hope of liberty depends upon local self-governance and the vigilance of the producer class."


    -A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor (read-taxes) and bread it has earned -- this is the sum of good government.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    to think that spending should be halted in a recession on the precipice of a depression.
    so then if you have a high IQ why be so afraid to explain why we should spend in a recession?? If you can't and have no idea whatsoever where to begin you should at least show the character to admit that in reality you're an idiot liberal.

    you say you have vitriol toward conservatives? Then show us why using your spend in a recession topic!!!

  15. #15
    poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    That may be the most ignorant statement on earth!! No one on earth ever had more specific ideas than Jefferson!!
    He literally revolted against Washington, Hamilton, and Adams to form the Republican party in 1794 because he had precise and exact ideas. Here are some quotes to get you started on the freedom versus government issue that defined our politics since Jefferson introduced it:

    That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

    "The path we have to pursue[when Jefferson was President ] is so quiet that we have nothing scarcely to propose to our Legislature."

    -The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

    -The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground.

    " the natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to grain ground; that the greater the government the stronger the exploiter and the weaker the producer; that , therefore, the hope of liberty depends upon local self-governance and the vigilance of the producer class."


    -A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor (read-taxes) and bread it has earned -- this is the sum of good government.
    Sez you. And where is your credibility? Who is here to vouch for you?
    Crickets.

    You obviously didn't read through the article from the link I provided.


    The founding fathers had lived under a system guided by Christian principles. They had lived very painfully under the effects of European style theocracies. The Pilgrims were driven from their homes in the Old World by religious persecution. Though they were Christian, they weren't apparently Christian enough for some. The Virginia House of Burgesses had established Christianity as the state religion, and had created special rights and privileges available to the Christians of that colony, that were not available to others. Similar situations occurred in other colonies. These facts so deeply grieved Thomas Jefferson, that he made it his life's work to rid the emerging American democracy of church influence. And he considered the First Amendment to be his magnum opus. He was so proud of the "wall of separation" (his phrase) which he built, that he had the First Amendment listed as his most proud achievement on his tombstone, even despite other great achievements, such as authorship of the Declaration of Independence.

    Whatever the matter, Jefferson's political ideology has little to do with the modern-day conservative movement (or should I say, "Neo-Con Movement), founded by Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, Dick Cheney and Bill Krystol, whose parents were avid followers of Leo Strauss.

    From Wiki:
    Leo Strauss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Strauss taught that liberalism in its modern form contained within it an intrinsic tendency towards extreme relativism, which in turn led to two types of nihilism[12] The first was a “brutal” nihilism, expressed in Nazi and Marxist regimes. In On Tyranny, he wrote that these ideologies, both descendants of Enlightenment thought, tried to destroy all traditions, history, ethics, and moral standards and replace them by force under which nature and mankind are subjugated and conquered.[13] The second type – the "gentle" nihilism expressed in Western liberal democracies – was a kind of value-free aimlessness and a hedonistic "permissive egalitarianism", which he saw as permeating the fabric of contemporary American society.[14][15] In the belief that 20th century relativism, scientism, historicism, and nihilism were all implicated in the deterioration of modern society and philosophy, Strauss sought to uncover the philosophical pathways that had led to this situation. The resultant study led him to advocate a tentative return to classical political philosophy as a starting point for judging political action.

    Wrap your I.Q. around that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •