Thread: Self-flagellation

Self-flagellation

Let me get this straight:

We evil human beings are pumping CO2 into the atmosphere ccontributing to all this nasty "global warming" (ahem) excuse me......."climate change".

Since the earth is heating up due to (whoops! There I go again!) I mean....Since the climate is being altered due to our carelessness, the polar ice is melting causing the ocean levels to rise.

So, since it is so bad that the average temperature could approach extremely high levels, causing all this ice to melt, and all manner of bad things......

...and all this is attributed to we bad, bad, humans......

How did all those frozen mastodons and other prehistoric animals frozen in the ice get there?

After all, since we are causing the atmosphere to increase in temperature enough to melt the ice......

...What caused it before?

Unless you believe that all these prehistoric animals magically teleported themselves underneath the ice when they died, the earth must have been warm enough for them to get there, right?

Well? What caused it to be that warm? Remember: We evil humans weren't around to warm it up so they could get there at that time. So there must be another explanation for it.

But, then the warming would have had to have been a natural occurrence, right?

Which is it? Is all this warming (oops!) I mean "climate change", caused by evil gas guzzling, Hummer driving, styrofoam burning humans, or not?

If so, I can finally confirm my hypothisis that prehistoric animals poseesed a strange form of magic allowing them to be teleported below hundreds of feet of ice.

If not, it completely shoots that theory down. Which raises the following question:

Why all the self-flagellation?
    "A neoconservative is a liberal who has been mugged by reality." - Irving Kristol

While I'm not an expert on climatology, I can see where you went wrong.

First, climade does change, and has changed, naturally - ie, without human intervention. Ice ages are one example - look them up
    Ice age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Paleoclimatology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However, the prevalent scientific thought also indicates, that humanity has now started affecting the climate on its own, in addition to the antural changes.

Lastly, "global warming" means a change in global temperatures, which manifest differently in different areas. So, no, global warming won't mean +1 degree in summer and +1 degree in winter. It might, for an area, mean 20% less rainfall. Which may be hardly noticeable - or it might mean turning from human friendly green to human hostile desert...

Or none of the above.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

The science is settled: US liberals really are the dumbest creatures on the planet – Telegraph Blogs

I found this quite interesting.If you ignore the bloggers insults he makes a few interesting points..then watch the video and listen to the commentators.

No particular reason for tagging this on this thread...just didnt feel the need to start a new one

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    The science is settled: US liberals really are the dumbest creatures on the planet Telegraph Blogs

I found this quite interesting.If you ignore the bloggers insults he makes a few interesting points..then watch the video and listen to the commentators.

No particular reason for tagging this on this thread...just didnt feel the need to start a new one
    I could only stand 5 minutes of that video. The part that offended me the most was actually the claim that anti AGCC people don't want a rational debate. That is practically their holy grail. Nothing has been so precisely sought after as keeping anyone competent to argue off a stage with any respectable AGCC advocate.

They are the ones who have turned the issue into a blog/ online paper/ online debate forum war as opposed to mediated official debate; and then to claim that it's their opponents that don't want a rational debate. If anything is responsible for growing skepticism on AGCC it's the fact that the so called consensus has spent the past 30 years humming with their hands over their ears, that doesn't inspire confidence and recent events have shown how thin the popular belief in the idea really was.

As for me, I am willing to debate any aspect of the matter with anyone who wishes on the sole condition that we argue only the science, not blaming lobbies or arguing through proxy authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I could only stand 5 minutes of that video. The part that offended me the most was actually the claim that anti AGCC people don't want a rational debate. That is practically their holy grail. Nothing has been so precisely sought after as keeping anyone competent to argue off a stage with any respectable AGCC advocate.

They are the ones who have turned the issue into a blog/ online paper/ online debate forum war as opposed to mediated official debate; and then to claim that it's their opponents that don't want a rational debate. If anything is responsible for growing skepticism on AGCC it's the fact that the so called consensus has spent the past 30 years humming with their hands over their ears, that doesn't inspire confidence and recent events have shown how thin the popular belief in the idea really was.

As for me, I am willing to debate any aspect of the matter with anyone who wishes on the sole condition that we argue only the science, not blaming lobbies or arguing through proxy authorities.
    I would not pretend to know enough of the science to debate with any kind of authority either way but I have quite shocked by the attitude of the pro global warming people on every level.
    Calling anyone who shows the slightest sign of scepticism' deniers' and ( in the case of the UK) showing scary cartoon commercials aimed at children just increased my scepticism.

I would not pretend to know enough of the science to debate with any kind of authority either way but I have quite shocked by the attitude of the pro global warming people on every level.
    If you find an authority let me know. Just because it's a scientist doesn't mean they make a scientific argument.

The 'science' behind global warming is so simplistic this video describes it pretty well.

I'm sure you know of the various absorbance spectrum's of molecules and elements from high school chemistry, the whole idea is based on proposed opacification of the atmosphere to low frequency radiation. When objects radiate energy they do so at lower wavelengths than the sun (it's a lot warmer) and so if something was transparent to high frequencies and opaque to low frequencies it could 'prevent' energy from escaping the way it came in.

It's not very complicated. If you were talking about the data, yes that's a little harder to find; but it is out there.

Calling anyone who shows the slightest sign of scepticism' deniers' and ( in the case of the UK) showing scary cartoon commercials aimed at children just increased my scepticism.
    They don't act like the evidence is on their side do they? I however cede that if the threat was real showing scary cartoons is probably a good idea. You could call the taking cover films from the WWII and the coldwar scary but they served a purpose.