Poll: do you lie?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: why do you lie?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Racine
    Posts
    10

    Unhappy why do you lie?

    I lie because i am afraid I will get in trouble
    Burnez

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    773
    I think you're a middle school student, but I encourage you to stick around. I started internet discussion when I was in middle school, and I wasn't much better than you are. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are, you will get thrashed in your first few discussions. If you're intelligent, you'll be able to figure out why you lost each discussion, then you'll slowly start getting better.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

    Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

    I regret my user name.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,208
    I voted NO... but, that's not true if I'm actually a liar, is it?
    'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

    "10 to 1 that in usual fashion, a post which breaks down an issue to its core will be completely ignored by the opposition as they go on discussing irrelevant minutia." - Archangel

    'It's not rational to judge something in the present on actions people took a thousand years ago.' - jyoshu

    'I AM your god, damit! And you will love me or, I will kill you dead.'

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandycane View Post
    I voted NO... but, that's not true if I'm actually a liar, is it?
    Brilliant
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,657
    Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ.... 1 John 2:22
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ.... 1 John 2:22
    Why would that make you a liar if you truly believe that Christianity holds nothing worth believing in?

    Perhaps you should look up the word 'liar'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ.... 1 John 2:22
    People who deny that jesus is the christ obviously don't believe in your foolish joke of a religion.

    I think for it to be an actual lie the person that is lining must believe it's true to begin with and then lie about it.

    I know this is probably way over your head, but it's a dumb thing to say so don't be stupid any more.
    Last edited by Accipiter; 06-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.

  8. #8
    Zorba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider
    Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ.... 1 John 2:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    People who deny that jesus is the christ obviously don't believe in your foolish joke of a religion.

    I think for it to be an actual lie the person that is lining must believe it's true to begin with and then lie about it.

    I know this is probably way over your head, but it's a dumb thing to say so don't be stupid any more.
    1 John 2:22
    New International Version (NIV)
    22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

    What you spiritually dead atheists fail to appreciate is that when it comes to the absolute eternal truths of our Creator God, your denials of Him are nothing more than self deceptions and in fact LIES that deprive Him of the glory and honor He rightfully deserves as the perfect and holy God of all of time and space.

    In other words, when you stand before Him, and you most assuredly will one day, you will finally realize how useless it was to deny that He existed while in this mortal flesh. You will realize that your denials meant nothing in changing the reality of who our God is. All they mean is that you preferred death and spiritual darkness to life and the light of Gods eternal truths which we believers partake in. And you will ache with grief that you wasted your life fighting Him and condemning the very Father who created you IN LOVE FOR FELLOWSHIP.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    1 John 2:22
    New International Version (NIV)
    22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

    What you spiritually dead atheists fail to appreciate is that when it comes to the absolute eternal truths of our Creator God, your denials of Him are nothing more than self deceptions and in fact LIES that deprive Him of the glory and honor He rightfully deserves as the perfect and holy God of all of time and space.

    In other words, when you stand before Him, and you most assuredly will one day, you will finally realize how useless it was to deny that He existed while in this mortal flesh. You will realize that your denials meant nothing in changing the reality of who our God is. All they mean is that you preferred death and spiritual darkness to life and the light of Gods eternal truths which we believers partake in. And you will ache with grief that you wasted your life fighting Him and condemning the very Father who created you IN LOVE FOR FELLOWSHIP.
    This answer says nothing as to the accusation of being a 'liar'. But then that is to be expected from you.

    If you truly believe that Jesus is not the 'Christ' then it is not lying if you deny him.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    1 John 2:22
    New International Version (NIV)
    22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

    What you spiritually dead atheists fail to appreciate is that when it comes to the absolute eternal truths of our Creator God, your denials of Him are nothing more than self deceptions and in fact LIES that deprive Him of the glory and honor He rightfully deserves as the perfect and holy God of all of time and space.

    In other words, when you stand before Him, and you most assuredly will one day, you will finally realize how useless it was to deny that He existed while in this mortal flesh. You will realize that your denials meant nothing in changing the reality of who our God is. All they mean is that you preferred death and spiritual darkness to life and the light of Gods eternal truths which we believers partake in. And you will ache with grief that you wasted your life fighting Him and condemning the very Father who created you IN LOVE FOR FELLOWSHIP.
    Since when do we use the bible as a dictionary?

    Put away your childish fairy tails and act like a man for a change.

  11. #11
    Zorba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    1 John 2:22
    New International Version (NIV)
    22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ.
    Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son.

    What you spiritually dead atheists fail to appreciate is that when it comes to the absolute eternal truths of our Creator God, your denials of Him are nothing more than self deceptions and in fact LIES that deprive Him of the glory and honor He rightfully deserves as the perfect and holy God of all of time and space.

    In other words, when you stand before Him, and you most assuredly will one day, you will finally realize how useless it was to deny that He existed while in this mortal flesh. You will realize that your denials meant nothing in changing the reality of who our God is. All they mean is that you preferred death and spiritual darkness to life and the light of Gods eternal truths which we believers partake in. And you will ache with grief that you wasted your life fighting Him and condemning the very Father who created you IN LOVE FOR FELLOWSHIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    This answer says nothing as to the accusation of being a 'liar'. But then that is to be expected from you.

    If you truly believe that Jesus is not the 'Christ' then it is not lying if you deny him.
    Read the verse smiley, it is clear in its message. Whoever denies Jesus is the Christ is the liar since they deny an eternal and undeniable truth. It is irrational and even delusional to deny that which is historically and eternally a fact. The verse even makes clear that it is the spirit of antichrist that motivates the denial of the Father and the Son.

    Quote Originally Posted by Assipiter
    Since when do we use the bible as a dictionary?

    Put away your childish fairy tails and act like a man for a change.
    Assipiter thinks he is being cleverly condescending by calling the gospel a childish fairy tale, but he will learn one day that it is his secular humanist centered philosophy that was the man made and God denying fairy tale. Sadly for him his ignorance is so complete he doesn't even know the difference between "tale" and "tail".

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Accipiter thinks he is being cleverly condescending by calling the gospel a childish fairy tale, but he will learn one day that it is his secular humanist centered philosophy that was the man made and God denying fairy tale. Sadly for him his ignorance is so complete he doesn't even know the difference between "tale" and "tail".
    Regardless of anything, you have said here my first post in this thread is correct. You cannot say I don't believe something and then lie about not believing in it. Your last response to me contained no argument as usual, and it makes me wonder why you come to a debate forum.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Read the verse smiley, it is clear in its message. Whoever denies Jesus is the Christ is the liar since they deny an eternal and undeniable truth. It is irrational and even delusional to deny that which is historically and eternally a fact. The verse even makes clear that it is the spirit of antichrist that motivates the denial of the Father and the Son.
    I read the verse. Clearly whoever wrote the bible is in need of a dictionary too.

  14. #14
    Zorba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Regardless of anything, you have said here my first post in this thread is correct. You cannot say I don't believe something and then lie about not believing in it. Your last response to me contained no argument as usual, and it makes me wonder why you come to a debate forum.
    My response to you was spot on and to the point, sadly you are too ignorant to appreciate the depth of Gods word just as you can't delineate between the words tail and tale for proper usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    I read the verse. Clearly whoever wrote the bible is in need of a dictionary too.
    Like assipiter, you also are to simple minded to appreciate the depth of wisdom within Gods word. That is also why attempting to reason with your ilk is a waste of time and effort. You both lack any semblance of spiritual insight which makes you truly handicapped in the arena of real and actual truth seeking in this spiritually dead world.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    My response to you was spot on and to the point, sadly you are too ignorant to appreciate the depth of Gods word just as you can't delineate between the words tail and tale for proper usage.

    Like assipiter, you also are to simple minded to appreciate the depth of wisdom within Gods word. That is also why attempting to reason with your ilk is a waste of time and effort. You both lack any semblance of spiritual insight which makes you truly handicapped in the arena of real and actual truth seeking in this spiritually dead world.
    But we do understand the meaning of the word 'liar', which puts both of us a few steps ahead of you (and your bible - at least your interpretation of it anyway).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •