Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Smart People Jokes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    246

    Smart People Jokes

    Post them if you got them.


    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary code, and those who don't."


    "A masochist walks up to a sadist and says 'punch me in the face'. The sadist says 'no'."
    "Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes so when you judge them you are a mile away and have their shoes."

  2. #2
    Zorba Guest
    When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity.

    To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion dollars to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface including glass and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300°C.

    The Russians used a pencil.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    Actually, that's not true. The last thing you need in a spacecraft is powdered graphite from a pencil drifting onto electrical contacts. The real irony is that an ordinary biro works perfectly well.

    I was walking down the street, and a stranger said "Are you that bloke?"
    I replied, "Only you can answer that."
    " ... It's not as though he proved anything, he only refuted my evidence. ..." Archangel 04.01.09

    "Obama is not a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus."

    “Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.”

  4. #4
    Zorba Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Actually, that's not true. The last thing you need in a spacecraft is powdered graphite from a pencil drifting onto electrical contacts. The real irony is that an ordinary biro works perfectly well.
    So what is it that isn't true? Are you saying NASA didn't spend 12 billion dollars developing a zero gravity pen or that Russia didn't use a pencil? And since you're so anal about a simple joke, go ahead and support your claim that anything my joke says isn't true, with actual evidence. Your opinion doesn't carry much weight with me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    So what is it that isn't true? Are you saying NASA didn't spend 12 billion dollars developing a zero gravity pen or that Russia didn't use a pencil? And since you're so anal about a simple joke, go ahead and support your claim that anything my joke says isn't true, with actual evidence. Your opinion doesn't carry much weight with me.
    Your "joke" was as funny as a fart in a space suit.


    snopes.com: NASA Space Pen
    " ... It's not as though he proved anything, he only refuted my evidence. ..." Archangel 04.01.09

    "Obama is not a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus."

    “Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.”

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Montreal Qc
    Posts
    1,275
    everything has to be a fight doesnt it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Your "joke" was as funny as a fart in a space suit.
    Which is also hilarious.
    "Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes so when you judge them you are a mile away and have their shoes."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5
    Tuesday = 3rd day of week = 3 -> ([3*272]/272) - first old man + (doctor) = (3!) + 3 = 9
    Its so simple!
    Most of the smart people I know are actually funny though...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mereworth View Post
    Tuesday = 3rd day of week = 3 -> ([3*272]/272) - first old man + (doctor) = (3!) + 3 = 9
    Its so simple!
    Most of the smart people I know are actually funny though...
    Now explain that and we'll see if it is actually funny.
    "Old wooden sailing ships: they're beautiful."
    -Ron Swanson

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by fartingle View Post
    "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary code, and those who don't."
    Not just understand but can identify as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    Actually, that's not true. The last thing you need in a spacecraft is powdered graphite from a pencil drifting onto electrical contacts. The real irony is that an ordinary biro works perfectly well.

    I was walking down the street, and a stranger said "Are you that bloke?"
    I replied, "Only you can answer that."
    agreed..!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •