Poll: Was the war in Iraq a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Mission Accomplished ?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    WW eleven? Gee! two WWs, maybe three, but 11 ???

    and you fought in WW eleven? what did you do in WW eleven, ganso?
    Yes it was fought in Chile...you didnt hear about it because you ran away.

    Maybe you dont know what Roman numerals are ..Im not surprised Whiney

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Oh! you meant this: WWII ?

    ganso, get it right next time, will you, goose?
    Will do Whiney
    Sorry about confusing you.....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    America, and damn proud of it!
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    No war, no criticism. simple enough for you?
    So according to you, the only true and acceptable decision to the Twin Towers going down was to do absolutely nothing and simply move on with our lives like nothing happened? Just lay down and taken it and hope nothing bad ever happens again?

    I'm sure you'd maintain this position if the Iranians sent a nuclear missile to Australia and obliterated Sidney from the face of the planet?
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

    [QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

    The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by NATO 556 View Post
    So according to you, the only true and acceptable decision to the Twin Towers going down was to do absolutely nothing and simply move on with our lives like nothing happened? Just lay down and taken it and hope nothing bad ever happens again?

    I'm sure you'd maintain this position if the Iranians sent a nuclear missile to Australia and obliterated Sidney from the face of the planet?
    Your policy: we got attacked by somebdoy, let's respond by attacking somebody (and since it doesn't matter who, let's attack this guy that we might be able to profit from)

    My policy: we were attacked by al qaeda, let's attack al qaeda, hunt them down at all costs, and completely eliminate their operation and effectiveness.

    No war in iraq. Qed
    when man tried to understand nature, theism was born
    when man tried to understand God, atheism was born

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by unkerpaulie View Post
    Your policy: we got attacked by somebdoy, let's respond by attacking somebody (and since it doesn't matter who, let's attack this guy that we might be able to profit from)

    My policy: we were attacked by al qaeda, let's attack al qaeda, hunt them down at all costs, and completely eliminate their operation and effectiveness.

    No war in iraq. Qed
    We were attacked by japan not Germany (just because they were in an active alliance and declared war on us doesn't mean they physically attacked us).

    The leaders then weren't blind enough or prejudice enough to miss the fact that they were fighting a statist movement that had been brewing in the world for half a century not merely a few units from someones rouge military.

    The answer is one needs to analyze foreign relations in the context of the truth about government and nations.

    Sovereignty is the remnants of tribal territory contests, nothing more.

    What should concern us is the morality of people and organizations nothing more (or less).

    Why was 'Britain's' war with Germany our business?

    The Nazi's were evil, their end was necessary and that necessity did not make it right to kill them their own actions did.

    To say that America didn't have the right to attack saddam hussein because we weren't his direct victims is absurd.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Britain's war with Germany became your war when Germany declared war on the USA.
    The USA did not declare war on Germany until then.
    Didnt you know?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Britain's war with Germany became your war when Germany declared war on the USA.
    The USA did not declare war on Germany until then.
    Didnt you know?
    That's the point Germany did not attack the united states japan did.

    Claiming that Al'quada is singularly responsible for 9/11 or the human rights state in the middle east is akin to saying that even though Germany declared war on the U.S.A only japan, (perhaps only the pilots who dropped the bombs) should be targeted.

    They are not a rouge organization they are one of many who sprung up from the political climate in the middle east.

    Anyway I was pointing to an example of a just war that started between two nations when neither nation had attacked yet.

    It would have been just before that.

    It would have been just to invade Germany when the Nazi's took power.

    That today however would be called premature unilateral imperialism
    Last edited by Freedom; 09-18-2010 at 12:55 PM.

  8. #23
    J Miro Guest
    The Iraq War.

    All about oil.

    The "spread of democracy" is a bogus excuse for the military industrial complex.

    Consider the number of people who died .. children, women, and old people .. far more than Saddam H. ever killed .. the devastation of an entire country and its infrastructure. American torture and war crimes.

    The problems that create war remain the same.

    What ethnocentric American arrogance to even consider whether or not it was a "success" or "failure."

    For parlor room *chit-chat*. After coming home from commutes in 4 wheel drives.

    SHAME.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    And you'd rather that we didn't even go after Japan at all, but redirect all our attacks to Germany and act as though Japan didn't do anything. Because that's what happened in this war. And your analogy is flawed because Iraq isn't the axis of terrorism, regardless of how many times bush and his puppets repeats it. Believe it or not, if we had to pick a country as the source of organized terrorist groups, Saudi Arabia would probably be on the top of the list. Most of the al qaeda terrorist involved in the attack, including bin laden himself, were saudis. Even the "ties" that saddam allegedly had to terrorist, were saudi connections for the most part. So why didn't we invade saudi arabia?
    when man tried to understand nature, theism was born
    when man tried to understand God, atheism was born

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miro View Post
    All about oil.
    Oil didn't knock down the twin towers.

    Oil interests at best were a tertiary interest just as tariffs were a tertiary interest for secession in the American civil war.

    Don't pretend slavery or the state of war that groups like al'quada had anything but everything to do with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by J Miro View Post
    Consider the number of people who died .. children, women, and old people .. far more than Saddam H. ever killed ..
    That I do not believe, and even if they did I can be sure they were not targeted by U.S & Allies forces.

    Quote Originally Posted by J Miro View Post
    the devastation of an entire country and its infrastructure. American torture and war crimes.
    Right....

    Quote Originally Posted by J Miro View Post
    The problems that create war remain the same.
    That I agree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by J Miro View Post
    What ethnocentric American arrogance to even consider whether or not it was a "success" or "failure."
    Quote Originally Posted by unkerpaulie View Post
    And you'd rather that we didn't even go after Japan at all, but redirect all our attacks to Germany and act as though Japan didn't do anything. Because that's what happened in this war. And your analogy is flawed because Iraq isn't the axis of terrorism, regardless of how many times bush and his puppets repeats it. Believe it or not, if we had to pick a country as the source of organized terrorist groups, Saudi Arabia would probably be on the top of the list. Most of the al qaeda terrorist involved in the attack, including bin laden himself, were saudis. Even the "ties" that saddam allegedly had to terrorist, were saudi connections for the most part. So why didn't we invade saudi arabia?
    Oil interests.

    Oil interests were involved but they kept a country safe not caused it to be invaded.

    If G.W.B was significantly braver and smarter he would have been invading practically every middle eastern country.

    Choosing only Iraq (which is pretty dead center) was a compromise, it was hoped that it would influence other nations in the region if it was a democracy, and Saddam Hussein's doings were particularly evil.

    Anyway we did attack japan and Germany and we did attack afghanistan (were al'quada itself was hanging out) and Iraq.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11
    nice sharing..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    26
    In reality, it is too early to tell. However, being forced to choose, I put "failure" due to the cost of American blood and treasure plus the negative impact it has had on both our national psyche (like Viet Nam) and our reputation among our allies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •