Thread: Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP & median wage

Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP & median wage

Warren Buffett’s concept to significantly reduce USA’s trade deficit

I’m a proponent of a proposal that was introduced to the Senate in 2006. Trade deficits are always detrimental to a nation’s GDP. Trade deficit’s detriment to the GDP exceeds the amount of the deficit itself. The GDP bolsters the median wage.

The basic concept is for exporters who choose to pay the federal fees to acquire transferable IMPORT Certificates for the assessed value of their goods leaving the USA. Importers would be required to surrender IMPORT Certificates for the assessed value of their goods entering the USA. Surrendered certificates are cancelled.

This trade policy would decrease USA’s trade deficit of goods and increase the aggregate sum of USA’s imports plus exports. It can be drafted to be completely self funding. It would not require any additional federal spending, taxes or debt. It would be a permanent stimulant that would increase our GDP more than otherwise.

Refer to: www.USA-Trade-Deficit.Blogspot.com

Respectfully, Supposn

Return manufacturing to the U.S. instead of outsourcing it to China and India and elsewhere.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Where do you stand on this specific proposal?

Simone, the trade concept I advocate would eliminate a significant proportion of USA’s global trade deficit with regard to the values of goods; but it would not be applicable to the value of explicitly listed scarce or rare minerals integral within any goods.

This proposal would certainly increase USA’s GDP. In my opinion this proposal would almost certainly increase USA’s manufacturing production but since it is a proposal for a market rather than a government driven trade policy, the USA greatest increase of production could be within other than the manufacturing industries.

Your response is not explicit. You do not state where you stand with regard to this specific trade proposal.

Respectfully, Supposn

Obama wants to encourage manufacturing?

Obama wants to encourage manufacturing?

I’m awaiting specifics but President Obama seems to be alluding creating a new tax provisions to encouraging US. manufacturing and exporting of manufactured products.

Respectfully, Supposn

The president’s state of the union speech.

’m a proponent of a policy based upon Warren Buffett’s unilateral Import Certificates concept. His market, (not government) driven concept would significantly reduce USA’s trade deficit of global goods, be of no net expense to our federal budget, act as a subsidy of our exports and would increase our aggregate sum of imports plus exports.
    The president’s state of the union speech mentioned negotiated global trade agreements.

We alone as a sovereign nation should determine what may enter our domestic markets and similarly we should respect the sovereignty of foreign nations and treat them equally to each other;
    (But we may grant lesser treatment to products of nations that are unfriendly to our own or our allies’ governments or products).

I posted a petition entitled on the White House’s “We the people” web site to “reduce USA's trade deficit and increase our GDP and median wage". I’m requesting that others read it. They may sign or submit a contrary petition.
    The petition’s site is http://wh.gov/dBww .

If a petition meets the signature threshold, it will be reviewed by the Administration and we will issue a response.

google: “wikipedia, import certificates “

Respectfully, Supposn