Poll: Our Jews White?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 102

Thread: Our Jews White?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Last edited by gansao; 08-21-2010 at 02:27 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post


    This group of people has a tradition of of crime.
    what do you call intergrate?
    Get a job, save up for a house or rent a nice flat maybe?
    Try getting a job when up against the prejudice of people like you.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    Try getting a job when up against the prejudice of people like you.
    How would I know?
    Why do we have no Roma working in my factory?
    We have most people from most other countries in the EU?

    I have seen them selling the big issue though

    I didnt buy one
    As they are workshy underachievers they may become the teachers of tomorrow

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    How would I know?
    Why do we have no Roma working in my factory?
    We have most people from most other countries in the EU?

    I have seen them selling the big issue though

    I didnt buy one
    As they are workshy underachievers they may become the teachers of tomorrow
    You've lost the argument so now you're trolling. Aren't you clever?
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    You've lost the argument so now you're trolling. Aren't you clever?
    You started the trolling when you compared gypsies with 'greedy' jews.
    That was the point when you lost the argument and tried a strawman one.

    Go and stand next to Winston.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    America, and damn proud of it!
    Posts
    3,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    You've lost the argument so now you're trolling. Aren't you clever?
    Actually you're the one who lost the argument. There's ample evidence that the gypsy culture is based on criminal acts rather than an attempt to make a decent and honest living. So far I've seen no evidence to suggest that the gypsy people have been unfairly treated.

    Did you ever stop and wonder why it is you see mexicans doing jobs that nobody else wants to? Ever ponder why gypsies, who you claim face such prejudice and opposition, aren't taking a similar route and doing jobs they'd rather not, in the name of bettering themselves? There's a reason for it.

    You can't claim that gypsies face more opposition in the workforce than mexicans.

    And what attempts at integration have gypsies made or tried to make? They live in private caravans and encampments, they don't try and get regular homes and apartments like other people do. That's not integration, that's seclusion. Setting up a shanty town on somebody's private land, and illegally hijacking their facilities doesn't count as anything more than thievery.
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

    [QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

    The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    BBC NEWS | UK | Travellers enjoy last day in the sun


    The Roma on this site have been there for 30 years and get along with the locals.
    Its the Irish gypsies that give the problem.
    Ireland had the right idea and wouldnt let them do what they wanted ..so they came to the land of the soft touch.

    Its the culture of criminality that is the problem.

    By the way, they are still there.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    BBC NEWS | UK | Travellers enjoy last day in the sun


    The Roma on this site have been there for 30 years and get along with the locals.
    Its the Irish gypsies that give the problem.
    Ireland had the right idea and wouldnt let them do what they wanted ..so they came to the land of the soft touch.

    Its the culture of criminality that is the problem.

    By the way, they are still there.
    Then it's the crime that's the problem, not the gypsies. Not all gypsies, whether Roma or Irish traveller, are criminals; I'd be interested to see if you can produce evidence that even a significant proportion engage in criminal behaviour. My problem is that you labelled, repeatedly, the entire group as criminals. That is why what you said is racist.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    Then it's the crime that's the problem, not the gypsies. Not all gypsies, whether Roma or Irish traveller, are criminals; I'd be interested to see if you can produce evidence that even a significant proportion engage in criminal behaviour. My problem is that you labelled, repeatedly, the entire group as criminals. That is why what you said is racist.
    They have an anti social culture and wherever they travel the crime rate and anti social behaviour rises.
    It is not racist..as a group they are more prone to crime.
    However in the above post the Roma where ok and the Irish gypsies were the problem.
    Your problem is that you cry racism as a means to win an argument rather than seeing through the generalisation and getting to the truth.
    No matter how much either me or NATO tried to qualify what we stated you still cried racist..I would like to say you were better than that..but you're not.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    773
    I've explained to Jo that the comments I made on another thread are comparable to saying during the Vietnam war that Vietcong members are torturing American POWs. That doesn't mean that literally every single Vietcong fighter in existence tortures American POWs, it just means that there are people within the Vietcong that torture American POWs. I'm sure the same concept applies here.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

    Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

    I regret my user name.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Trying to back pedal after making a racist statement doesn't make the original statement any less racist.

    If I say "people called gansao are XXXXXX", I don't mean "some of the people who are called gansao are XXXXXX", I mean "anyone called gansao is an XXXXX". If you mean to refer to some people within a group rather than the whole group, then say that rather than making the general statement. The comparison with the Vietcong is invalid, as the Vietcong were an organisation. It's like saying the KKK lynch black people, it's an organisational thing, not an identity thing.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    773
    I guess gansao was referring to Gypsy culture then. If I said "Jews worship Yahweh", I wouldn't be referring to the Jewish ethnicity. I'd be referring to people who practice Judaism, which could be used to refer to people living in Jewish communities in General. But the comment would not be on the Jewish ethnicity.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

    Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

    I regret my user name.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    It's not even true of gypsy culture, and when culture is bound up with ethnicity, as it is for both gypsies and Jews, it's still racist to make pejorative generalisations about the whole group.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Posts
    773
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    It's not even true of gypsy culture,
    I'm sure Gansao finds something disagreeable about gypsy culture. Maybe he'll specify. I don't know much about Gypsy culture, and for now I have no opinions on it, positive or negative.

    But you seem almost like a stereotypical liberal, accusing anyone who disagrees with certain aspects of foreign cultures as racists, and thinking the whole "You're a racist!" argument is an impenetrable shield. I myself am vehemently anti-racist. I can't say whether or not gansao shares my anti-racism, but I've seen nothing to convince me that he's a racist.

    and when culture is bound up with ethnicity, as it is for both gypsies and Jews, it's still racist to make pejorative generalisations about the whole group.
    No, not if you're commenting on the culture. If there were something I found disagreeable about Jewish culture and I said "Jews do this disagreeable thing," that wouldn't necessarily be racist if I were only commenting on the disagreeable aspect of Jewish culture. I could say that and still have no problem with people who are Jewish by ethnicity.
    Last edited by COBHC; 08-22-2010 at 04:57 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

    "What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

    Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

    I regret my user name.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    To make generalisations about an entire culture based on things you believe have been done by some members of that culture is bigotted and prejudiced. Disagree with the activity (whether it is domestic violence, theft, violation of planning laws, whatever) certainly but don't try and blame the whole group for it. When that culture largely overlaps with an ethnic group then it tips over into racism. Yes, no doubt, there are some Roma and some Irish Travellers who commit criminal acts. Possibly there is even a higher crime rate in traveller communities than in the wider population (though I suspect that juxtaposition of poor traveller communities near prosperous rural villages may account for a lot of the apparent difference). There are also some offences, such as trespass and breach of planning law, that are encouraged by the actions of the settled community toward travellers. Getting permission to legally set up a site is virtually impossible, and councils rarely meet their obligation to provide suitable pitches. Even when they do they tend to be in appalling locations.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •