Thread: Don't Taze My Granny!

Don't Taze My Granny!

"Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, 'Don't Taze my granny!' an El Reno police officer told another cop to 'Taser her!' and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' according to the complaint."
    Courthouse News Service

This story is hard to believe. They felt threatened by an 86 year old women hooked up to an oxygen tank who "took a more aggressive posture in her bed"? And it seems self incriminating to write down that as the reason for tazering someone in the police report. Someone should ask these officers whatever happened to the idea of the police being there to protect and serve people and remind them that their salary comes from taxpayers.
    "Indeed, not a word in the constitutional text even arguably supports the Courtís overwrought and novel description of the Second Amendment as 'elevat[ing] above all other interests' 'the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.' Ante,at 63."
    -Justice Stevens on the Heller ruling

We either need to decommission the police force, or overhaul the system and implement an intense retraining program to better prevent incidents like this.
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

[QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
    "Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, 'Don't Taze my granny!' an El Reno police officer told another cop to 'Taser her!' and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' according to the complaint."
    Courthouse News Service

This story is hard to believe. They felt threatened by an 86 year old women hooked up to an oxygen tank who "took a more aggressive posture in her bed"? And it seems self incriminating to write down that as the reason for tazering someone in the police report. Someone should ask these officers whatever happened to the idea of the police being there to protect and serve people and remind them that their salary comes from taxpayers.
    Is this a joke? Reno 911? There has got to be more too it than this. No way those officers thought they couldn't away with tazing a disabled grandma.
    "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and [heck], we're not using it anymore."
    -Jay Leno

In another case of abuse by police, a teen on a bicycle was tasered and then was run over by a police officer. The police officer planted a handgun in the pocket of the dead teen while three other police officers watched. The entire incident was recorded by video cameras mounted on the dashboards of police cars. Watch the video here-
    Death of teen on bike shows risks of expanded use of Tasers - St. Petersburg Times
    "Indeed, not a word in the constitutional text even arguably supports the Courtís overwrought and novel description of the Second Amendment as 'elevat[ing] above all other interests' 'the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.' Ante,at 63."
    -Justice Stevens on the Heller ruling

Exclamation

Tazers should be an absolute last resort. The idea that law enforcement and officers of the "peace" are tazing and electrocuting old women and children is criminal.

We look no better than Russia or China when we brutalize our citizens.