Thread: Horrible Crimes Committed Against Women in Juarez, Mexico

Horrible Crimes Committed Against Women in Juarez, Mexico

"Over the past fifteen years, hundreds of Mexican women and young girls living in Cd. Juárez, Mexico, across the border from El Paso, Texas, have been kidnapped and murdered. Their bodies are found strangled, mutilated, dismembered, raped, stabbed, and torched; some have been so badly beaten, disfigured, or decomposed that the remains are impossible to identify....

"Why are these women being killed in the particular way they are being killed? Clearly these crimes are more than murder: they are ritual acts of pure hatred toward the impoverished, indigenous Mexican female body."
    Desert Blood: The Juarez Murders - About the Femicides

It seems that wealthy US Corporations, who are quite happy to exploit these poor women for the cheap labor they provide, are certainly contributing to the problem:

"After the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), U.S. companies including General Electric and Dupont set up assembly plants to take advantage of cheap Mexican labor... mostly young women, earn about $55 for a 45-hour workweek.... Now, young rural women who have poured into Juárez are suddenly making and spending money while men are unemployed. Some men react with hopelessness or anger . 'Men are no longer king of the home,' says feminist organizer Chávez. 'So now, in this city, women suffer too much. A lot of people are raping and bothering women.' "
    Amnesty Magazine

There was a movie made about the problem, Bordertown, which stars Jennifer Lopez.
    "Indeed, not a word in the constitutional text even arguably supports the Court’s overwrought and novel description of the Second Amendment as 'elevat[ing] above all other interests' 'the right of law-abiding, responsible citizens to use arms in defense of hearth and home.' Ante,at 63."
    -Justice Stevens on the Heller ruling

I think these women were the victims of their own stupidity, ignorance and of course their inability to speak, write and read a proper language, English.

Everybody knows that the authorities are not responsible for our own personal defense.
    The only duties of the government are:
    to collect taxes, enforce contracts, defend private property, and bail out multi trillions, greedy, reckless private corporations who go bust, whenever it is required, no questions asked. Also, by the dictates of the Holy Constitution the government must invade any oil producing countries which may at some stage deny us access to those God given to America resources. Hence our military bases in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq. (Iran coming soon )

If those poor women had joined this forum much sooner than never those gun-toting intellectual libertarians, pshychopants Doc and NATO would have instructed them in the basics of self-defense, shoot to kill, different types of armament, ammunition etc and, they would be alive now.

But, wait!! where those women legally in the land of milk and lead or were their backs wet?

IMHO "the only good "mojado" (wet-back) is a dead "mojado".
    Warning: the above slogan is copy righted, so don't use it without my permission or, else.
    Last edited by Winston Smith; 07-02-2010 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
    "Over the past fifteen years, hundreds of Mexican women and young girls living in Cd. Juárez, Mexico, across the border from El Paso, Texas, have been kidnapped and murdered. Their bodies are found strangled, mutilated, dismembered, raped, stabbed, and torched; some have been so badly beaten, disfigured, or decomposed that the remains are impossible to identify....

"Why are these women being killed in the particular way they are being killed? Clearly these crimes are more than murder: they are ritual acts of pure hatred toward the impoverished, indigenous Mexican female body."
    Desert Blood: The Juarez Murders - About the Femicides

It seems that wealthy US Corporations, who are quite happy to exploit these poor women for the cheap labor they provide, are certainly contributing to the problem:

"After the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), U.S. companies including General Electric and Dupont set up assembly plants to take advantage of cheap Mexican labor... mostly young women, earn about $55 for a 45-hour workweek.... Now, young rural women who have poured into Juárez are suddenly making and spending money while men are unemployed. Some men react with hopelessness or anger . 'Men are no longer king of the home,' says feminist organizer Chávez. 'So now, in this city, women suffer too much. A lot of people are raping and bothering women.' "
    Amnesty Magazine

There was a movie made about the problem, Bordertown, which stars Jennifer Lopez.
    starring Jennifer Lopez? starring???

Any movie she is in, it is one to avoid watching.

OK "Money Train" was a good movie and she was in it. The exception to the rule

US corporations that are providing work for Mexican women across the border are somehow responsible for a speight of murders by unemployed Mexican men?
    Unemployed Mexican men are so incensed that there are women around them that have a small amount of money they rape,kill and mutilate them?
    Am I reading this right?

Winston - try a geography lesson. Juarez is a MEXICAN city. These women are completely legal.

Juarez is a vile border town (accross the Rio Grande from El Paso) that I have been to several times. It is steeped in poverty. Nothing good happens there.

I think what is happening to these women is a combination of many things - insecure, violent men in a patriarchal society, the drug issues on the border and I have also heard rumors that they are sometimes killed to sell their organs on the black market.

The maquiladora plants in Mexico are reprehensible - but not responsible for this. They operate unsafely, pay the people near slave labor and comepletely disregard US and Mexican labor laws. They also dump their toxic waste into the border water supply despite the promis of the US government that US owned companies would ship their waste back to the US and dispose of it safely (Reagan actually promised this). The border maquiladora plants also pre-date NAFTA. They are the result of the Border Industrialization Program of 1964. NAFTA has simply opened the rest of Mexico for US companies to abuse.

As a note - not all US plants in Mexico are bad, but some are horrific.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

what applies to one side of the border applies to the other as well.

BTW there is no border. Obama admitted defeat. The barbarians breached the walls of Rome.

The USA is becoming another Latin American country pronto. One thing we don't have in Chile for instance is Blacks, and the God given right of packing guns. Still crime is rampant in my opinion.

So, Senora Jito practice su Castellano y cante esta hermosa cancion

YouTube - POR EL BOULEVARD DE LOS SUEŃOS ROTOS

With all of this going on, somebody explain to me exactly why we should even be considering the thought of amnesty for illegal immigrants. If this is the kind of treatment you can be expecting of them, they don't deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    BTW there is no border. Obama admitted defeat. The barbarians breached the walls of Rome.
    Then it's time for the federal government to drop the notion of suing Arizona, and let the individual states handle matters themselves as they see fit. Be it mirroring federal law, deportation, execution, or shipping them to Guantanamo Bay, the ball is in our court now. Those that were supposed to be in charge have washed their hands of the matter, it's time for us to run this show.
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

[QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

I think these women were the victims of their own stupidity, ignorance and of course their inability to speak, write and read a proper language, English.

Everybody knows that the authorities are not responsible for our own personal defense.
    to collect taxes, enforce contracts, defend private property, and bail out multi trillions, greedy, reckless private corporations who go bust, whenever it is required, no questions asked. Also, by the dictates of the Holy Constitution the government must invade any oil producing countries which may at some stage deny us access to those God given to America resources. Hence our military bases in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Iraq. (Iran coming soon )

If those poor women had joined this forum much sooner than never those gun-toting intellectual libertarians, pshychopants Doc and NATO would have instructed them in the basics of self-defense, shoot to kill, different types of armament, ammunition etc and, they would be alive now.

But, wait!! where those women legally in the land of milk and lead or were their backs wet?

Warning: the above slogan is copy righted, so don't use it without my permission or, else.
    Yeah I know what you mean,kinda like the only good Englander is a dead one.
    Or else?what are you gonna do?I know!!!come out of that spider hole in your basement and breech our walls.Be ex exempt Nato, you and yours are very rehabilitated .

Don't think and try to draw conclusions from your own cognitive dissonance. You don't have a decent moral framework to draw conclusions from because you are a godless individual.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

I have a decent moral framework to draw conclusions from because I am a godless individual.

Defenseless women are being taken advantage of and murdered, and your solution is to make sure they can't have any guns? That's like drinking sewage in order to cure the common cold.
    "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and [heck], we're not using it anymore."
    -Jay Leno