Thread: Live Feed - Gulf of Mexico

Live Feed - Gulf of Mexico

msnbc.com Video Player

I've been watching this off and on today - not a pretty picture.

Earlier, must have been from a different view, there was a gusher of bright orange oil and beside it, brown/silver bubbly stuff, I assume is the methane.,,and you could clearly see the top edges of the pipe opening.

What are they doing to it now that is making it all black and flowing down over the opening?

Also, those 'flanges' or 'wings' weren't there last time I looked. Is that something they are trying to attach to the opening?
    Last edited by Sandycane; 07-10-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

"10 to 1 that in usual fashion, a post which breaks down an issue to its core will be completely ignored by the opposition as they go on discussing irrelevant minutia." - Archangel

'It's not rational to judge something in the present on actions people took a thousand years ago.' - jyoshu

'I AM your god, damit! And you will love me or, I will kill you dead.'

Good web site, thanks.

So, looking at it now...it looks to me like the replacement cap is about to topple off.

"10 to 1 that in usual fashion, a post which breaks down an issue to its core will be completely ignored by the opposition as they go on discussing irrelevant minutia." - Archangel

'It's not rational to judge something in the present on actions people took a thousand years ago.' - jyoshu

I have a question or, two...

What's the deal with this 'containment cap'?
    I don't see it containing anything and in fact from todays video, it looks like it's gushing more as time goes on... and why has no one in the news asked why it's XXXX-eyed and bobbing to and fro?

I don't think it is operating according to specs.