Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twenty-Five Thousand Barrels of Oil...

Twenty-Five Thousand Barrels of Oil...

Twenty-five thousand barrels of oil...

Maybe there are 25,000 barrels of oil hemorrhaging into the Gulf of Mexico.

We don't know.

British Petroleum PLC ain't going to tell us, mere humans, the truth.

Mere humans don't need to know the truth because the U.S. Supreme Court (Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy) have decided that mere little insignificant humans do not have as much "personhood" as corporations.

And British Petroleum PLC is a God Almighty Corporation.

Bow down to BP PLC.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Just another one of Simone's idealistic, meaningless rants.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

I regret my user name.

Got a problem with idealism?

I think it kicks out the staves of corporate greed.

And I can't understand why you are so delirious with joy at the destruction of the Gulf of Mexico.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Got a problem with idealism?
    If the ideology is bulls***, then yes, I do.

I think it kicks out the staves of corporate greed.
    I see. Anyone who is more successful than you is greedy. XD

And I can't understand why you are so delirious with joy at the destruction of the Gulf of Mexico.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it's a good thing. I just don't see why this should force BP to close. Accidents happen, blondie. XD
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

I regret my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by COBHC View Post
    If the ideology is bulls***, then yes, I do.
    Um, here is a new idea for you, bright boy.

Idealism is not ideology.

Idealism can be ideological, but then, in most cases, the concept of the "free market" is quite ideological and, sadly, in most cases very, very bad for the world.
    I see. Anyone who is more successful than you is greedy. XD
    What do you mean by "success"?

And, if you can define what "success" is, the next question must be: How was that success achieved?

If you believe that "success" at any cost is success...
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said it's a good thing. I just don't see why this should force BP to close. Accidents happen, blondie. XD
    I happen to be a redhead. But I have two blonde daughters and two blonde granddaughters who can think circles around you, bright boy.

Just had a thought.

Do you have any idea what calculus is?

Just curious.

Twenty-five thousand barrels of oil...

Maybe there are 25,000 barrels of oil hemorrhaging into the Gulf of Mexico.

We don't know.

British Petroleum PLC ain't going to tell us, mere humans, the truth.

Mere humans don't need to know the truth because the U.S. Supreme Court (Roberts, Alito, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy) have decided that mere little insignificant humans do not have as much "personhood" as corporations.

And British Petroleum PLC is a God Almighty Corporation.

Bow down to BP PLC.
    I think that if there were only 25000 barrels oil spilled into the gulf BP would be very thankful

Um, here is a new idea for you, bright boy.
    Okay, grandma.

Idealism is not ideology.

Idealism can be ideological, but then, in most cases, the concept of the "free market" is quite ideological and, sadly, in most cases very, very bad for the world.
    Your views are very idealistic. You don't demonstrate any political knowledge, you just parrot what the liberal media feeds you without understanding it.

You normally just start threads on unethical things that politicians do and pretend like that has anything to do with their political affiliation. And you think every issue boils down to Conservatives vs. Liberals.

I bet you can't explain why market without government intrustion is harmful or demonstrate how big government (namely the stimulus package) helps the economy. You think this stimulus will generate almost a trillion dollars? I doubt it. It'll end up spending more money than it generates. But you think Obama can solve all problems by shoveling money onto them.

What do you mean by "success"?

And, if you can define what "success" is, the next question must be: How was that success achieved?

If you believe that "success" at any cost is success...
    Success = succeeding in life. Making a good living for your family. Some people are more successful than others. I don't live in some communist dreamworld where everyone is the same, because some people are just better than others, as cruel as it may sound. Welcome to the world in which we live, Simone. Deep down, you envy them, whether or not you try to deny it. You think a businessman should be responsible for everything their employees do, and that they should feel responsible any time an accident happens.

I'd trust a normal person running a business more than a government employee. But you blindly trust in the Government. You don't think they'd ever take personal rights away, especially not one that tells you what you want to hear like the Obama Administration.

I happen to be a redhead.
    You're blonde at heart.

But I have two blonde daughters and two blonde granddaughters who can think circles around you, bright boy.
    You must be proud that they have so much of their father in them.

Just had a thought.

Do you have any idea what calculus is?

Just curious.
    A form of math, that's all i know. Do you know what Goregrind is?

Just a thought, not any more relevant than yours.

I regret my user name.

Can anyone tell me what Obama and BP are doing wrong? I'm sure they'd love some ideas on how to stop a gushing well a mile down in the Gulf. I bought BP loves watching their stockholders loss money by the gallon and I'm sure Obama loves watching his popularity degrade to nothing by the gallon.

Geesh, never thought I'd be defending Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    I think that if there were only 25000 barrels oil spilled into the gulf BP would be very thankful
    Unfortunately, gansao, I'm afraid you're right on with this assessment.

Unfortunately, gansao, I'm afraid you're right on with this assessment.
    Seriously Simone.
    Is there really such a thing as green energy?
    What do you think our lifestyles would be like if we relied on it and do you think we have time to introduce it before there is a global catastrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Seriously Simone.
    Is there really such a thing as green energy?
    What do you think our lifestyles would be like if we relied on it and do you think we have time to introduce it before there is a global catastrophe?
    We're already having a global catastrophe.

Didn't you notice?

The question is, do we have any time at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Can anyone tell me what Obama and BP are doing wrong? I'm sure they'd love some ideas on how to stop a gushing well a mile down in the Gulf. I bought BP loves watching their stockholders loss money by the gallon and I'm sure Obama loves watching his popularity degrade to nothing by the gallon.

Geesh, never thought I'd be defending Obama.
    Obama is finished. Get rid of this incompetent clown (I almost said 'monkey', but realized the racial undertones of the word, so I took it back)

You tell me first what BP and Obama are doing right?

So BP has done nothing wrong? who is responsible for the biggest oil spill in the world, who hasn't been able to stop it?

US lawmakers and the American public are clamouring for BP and the Obama administration to do more to save the US Gulf Coast from an out-of-control oil spill that one congressman called an "environmental crime".

The failure on Saturday of a "top kill" technique attempted by British-based BP to try to seal its leaking Gulf of Mexico well unleashed a surge of anger and frustration that poses a major domestic challenge for President Barack Obama.

Obama, who has called the leaking BP well a "manmade disaster", is trying to fend off criticism that his administration acted too slowly in its response to the nearly six-week-old spill, now known to be the worst in US history.

The crisis could swell into a political liability for the Democratic president as his administration and party, bloodied by bruising healthcare and economic policy debates, head towards key mid-term Congressional elections in November.

"This is probably the biggest environmental disaster we have ever faced in this country," top White House energy adviser Carol Browner told NBC's Meet the Press.

British energy giant BP, its reputation and market value already battered by the catastrophic spill, and the entire US oil industry face more and more probing questions about why safety back-ups did not accompany their relentless hunt for more oil in ever deeper offshore waters.

"I think without question if the word criminal should be used in terms of an environmental crime against our country, that what's going on in the Gulf of Mexico is going to qualify," Massachusetts Democrat Congressman Ed Markey said.

Department of Justice officials are part of an ongoing federal investigation into the April 20 rig explosion that triggered the spill, and the Obama administration has not ruled out the possibility of a criminal prosecution.

Markey, who chairs a select committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming, pilloried BP for its repeated failed efforts so far to shut off the gushing seabed well.

"BP has been making it up as they go along ... They do not know for sure what the result is going to be of anything which they are doing," he told CBS' Face the Nation.

In Louisiana, which has borne the brunt of the oil spill impact so far, senators and local authorities demanded that BP and the federal government rush into place a plan to create a sand barrier to the oil by dredging and building up and joining up outlying sandbanks and islets.

"I'm devastated ... We are dying a slow death, every time that oil takes out a piece of the marsh, a piece of Louisiana is gone forever," said Billy Nungesser, president of Plaquemines parish, where the oil has clogged wetlands.

"Even the government seems powerless and all the experts. If these people can't stop it, then who in the name of God can?" Father Gerry, a priest at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Port Sulpur, said, his voice heavy with emotion.

"OIL COMING UP 'TIL AUGUST"

After giving up an attempt to pump heavy fluids and blocking materials into the leaking well to "kill" it on Saturday, BP engineers are now pursuing another option from their undersea toolbox to try to contain the seabed oil gusher.

Surge of anger as BP struggles to plug leak

Okay, grandma.
    Why thank you, sonny boy!
    Your views are very idealistic. You don't demonstrate any political knowledge, you just parrot what the liberal media feeds you without understanding it.
    My views are very realistic. They're fact-based.
    You normally just start threads on unethical things that politicians do and pretend like that has anything to do with their political affiliation. And you think every issue boils down to Conservatives vs. Liberals.
    At the moment it appears that Conservatives, particularly in America, are less capable of ethical behavior than liberals because Conservatives are so confoundedly desperate to be in power. Power at any price!
    I bet you can't explain why market without government intrustion is harmful or demonstrate how big government (namely the stimulus package) helps the economy. You think this stimulus will generate almost a trillion dollars? I doubt it. It'll end up spending more money than it generates. But you think Obama can solve all problems by shoveling money onto them.
    We've just had a nice, neat laboratory demonstration of what happens when the market is unregulated.

And I'm not sure that we will ever recover from it.

If you want another laboratory demonstration of what happens when markets are unregulated, go back to the late 1920s and take a look at the Great Depression.

Oh, sorry, you are incapable of doing that because you don't believe in history.
    Success = succeeding in life. Making a good living for your family. Some people are more successful than others. I don't live in some communist dreamworld where everyone is the same, because some people are just better than others, as cruel as it may sound. Welcome to the world in which we live, Simone. Deep down, you envy them, whether or not you try to deny it. You think a businessman should be responsible for everything their employees do, and that they should feel responsible any time an accident happens.
    Success to you is purely materialistic, right?

By Jove, you'd make a jolly good Communist because they totally look at existence in materialistic terms.
    I'd trust a normal person running a business more than a government employee. But you blindly trust in the Government. You don't think they'd ever take personal rights away, especially not one that tells you what you want to hear like the Obama Administration.
    Like Ken Lay for instance?

Oh, sorry, Ken Lay is a bit of fairly recent history but you don't believe in history so as far as you're concerned, Ken Lay never existed.
    You're blonde at heart.
    With that kind of an attitude, good luck with women, laddy.
    You must be proud that they have so much of their father in them.
    Geesh! Besides utter ignorance of history, you have no knowledge of genetics either.

Are schools truly that bad in your area?
    A form of math, that's all i know. Do you know what Goregrind is?
    I had to look the term up.

Geesh! Since these persons have an extremely narrow focus on blood and gore and severed limbs and head and forensic pathology, why don't they have a group called The Bestialities? They could do an album cover of teenaged band members rutting with goats or sheep.

And I'm astonished that there isn't a group called The Necrophiliacs, with the same teenaged band members rutting with rotting corpses.

Or the Copromaniacs otherwise known as the Fecalphiliacs, who dab themselves all over with human feces before going on stage.

Big stinking deal!

If you'd served in a war zone and had a look at actual human carnage, I doubt that stupid bands who specialize in goregrind would exist.
    Just a thought, not any more relevant than yours.
    Indeed, a lot less relevant

My views are very realistic. They're fact-based.
    Actions speak louder than words.

At the moment it appears that Conservatives, particularly in America, are less capable of ethical behavior than liberals because Conservatives are so confoundedly desperate to be in power. Power at any price!
    Madness: “Queen” Nancy Pelosi Bullies for ObamaCare / PelosiCare Bill Vote This Weekend Despite Majority Not Wanting It… Call Congress to Kill the Bill Frugal Café Blog Zone
    Little gems from the Health Care Bill

Need I continue?

We've just had a nice, neat laboratory demonstration of what happens when the market is unregulated.

And I'm not sure that we will ever recover from it.

If you want another laboratory demonstration of what happens when markets are unregulated, go back to the late 1920s and take a look at the Great Depression.

Oh, sorry, you are incapable of doing that because you don't believe in history.
    America's Great Depression: An Overview

I believe in history. You believe in the leftist ideological version of history.

Success to you is purely materialistic, right?
    Not "purely". I don't need to hear any abstract "happiness" concepts, because I'm talking financial success. I don't see why being rich should make one have to distribute their money. Some people earn more than others. We don't live in some liberal dreamworld where everyone is equal. Welcome to the world in which we live, simone.

By Jove, you'd make a jolly good Communist because they totally look at existence in materialistic terms.
    Communists claim to have a socialist ideology not very different from yours. Of course, the world has yet to see a "real" communist country.

Like Ken Lay for instance?

Oh, sorry, Ken Lay is a bit of fairly recent history but you don't believe in history so as far as you're concerned, Ken Lay never existed.
    Funny, I can't seem to remember when Ken Lay p1ssed away nearly a trillion dollars of taxpayer money.

With that kind of an attitude, good luck with women, laddy.
    I've been successful, so far.

Geesh! Besides utter ignorance of history, you have no knowledge of genetics either.
    It's clear they didn't get their intelligence from you.

Are schools truly that bad in your area?
    Nope. I learn how to think, while you've learned what to think. Accusing your opponents of ignorance doesn't help prove your point.

I had to look the term up.

Geesh! Since these persons have an extremely narrow focus on blood and gore and severed limbs and head and forensic pathology, why don't they have a group called The Bestialities? They could do an album cover of teenaged band members rutting with goats or sheep.

Big stinking deal!

If you'd served in a war zone and had a look at actual human carnage, I doubt that stupid bands who specialize in goregrind would exist.

COUNTY MEDICAL EXAMINERS - Resound Magazine Article --- Relapse Records / Release Entertainment
    Dr. Fairbanks: “We do stray from the typical malign pathologist tact, it’s true. THE COUNTY MEDICAL EXAMINERS offers an oddly beautiful take on life through a sobering look at death, with an affection for science and medical progress, an ode to all things morbidly educational. We’re intricate machines, us humans, and when those around us die, we should be reminded of our lives; and when those around us die horribly or are murdered, we should take comfort in the fact that a decedent can speak from the slab and point with bloody finger at its killer. Medicine and science exalts us, and coupled with ethical considerations, ascends us to a godhood over our own destinies. When life is framed by birth and death, ennobling it with brief temporal beauty, and we master the understanding of its terminating end, well, we’ve achieved something wonderful. TCME tries to keep the lyrics firmly in the CARCASS realm, but with a penchant for medical history and discovery (we’ve three new songs on this album dealing with the lives of early trailblazing anatomists and pathologists) and medico criminology, as well as a reveling in the disgusting aspects of death, because while revolting at first, you’d be surprised at the art involved with putrefaction; the colors alone—detailed in our new song “Kaleidoscopic Malacia”—can rival that of an Impressionist oil painting. There’s a sublime economy to death and dissolution. It’s absurd, but so is death, and while there is gravity in the topic, there is also great joy. All this makes for plenty of song topics.”

Enough said. That does only refer to TCME lyrics, but still... I don't care what you find offensive. If you're offended by petty things such as music that you don't like, then I think you deserve to be offended. Sometimes I deserve to be offended, when I let those zero-talent pop turds like Kesha or the Millionaires irritate me.

And I'm astonished that there isn't a group called The Necrophiliacs, with the same teenaged band members rutting with rotting corpses.

Or the Copromaniacs otherwise known as the Fecalphiliacs, who dab themselves all over with human feces before going on stage.
    You really have to learn that musicians have lives outside their music. Of course, anyone who does something you doesn't like is racist, evil, and of course, right-wing, somehow.

I know this is off topic, but I have to mention that most metal bands prefer not to identify themselves as a group of musicians using their band name (ie having a name "The (insert name here)s).

You'd see that in older rock bands like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones, and in older punk rock bands like The Ramones or The Sex Pistols, but most metal bands of any kind of metal prefer to avoid such names.

Indeed, a lot less relevant.
    Then why don't you explain what my personal understanding of mathematics has to do with US politics or my understanding of it?
    Last edited by COBHC; 06-03-2010 at 09:12 AM.

I regret my user name.

We're already having a global catastrophe.

Didn't you notice?

The question is, do we have any time at all?
    What is this global catastrophe?