Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP; Gulf of Petrolem

GOP; Gulf of Petrolem

It certainly ain't the Gulf of Mexico any more.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Gulf of Petroleum

I'm so upset with this incredible environmental mess in the Gulf I can't spell petroleum any more.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Yeah because GOP used to stand for Gulf Of Mexico, good call.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

~ Gandhi

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    I'm so upset with this incredible environmental mess in the Gulf I can't spell petroleum any more.
    Ok, I'll play along...why are you "upset" simone? Come on...use your big girl words.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

I didn't know Mexico began with a P. I learned something new today!
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

I regret my user name.

I agree 100%. I read that BP said it would cover losses caused by the leak - what about the loss of wildlife, sealife and the environment in general??? Impossible to fix that.
    To all those who say 'Drill! Drill! Drill!' I say, I hope your property gets soaked with oil.

On a side note, I'm wondering what kind of environmental damage has been done to the counties in Tennessee that have recently been flooded.
    I know I won't eat any produce that comes from that area!
    'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

"10 to 1 that in usual fashion, a post which breaks down an issue to its core will be completely ignored by the opposition as they go on discussing irrelevant minutia." - Archangel

'It's not rational to judge something in the present on actions people took a thousand years ago.' - jyoshu

'I AM your god, damit! And you will love me or, I will kill you dead.'

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandycane View Post
    To all those who say 'Drill! Drill! Drill!' I say, I hope your property gets soaked with oil.
    What a childish thing to say. Do you drive a car? Do you use good from outside your home? Do you own anything plastic? Do you use a computer? All of these items along with just about everything else in this world has crossed paths with oil at some point. So if your a consumer of oil, then you are just as guilty as the next guy.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post
    What a childish thing to say. Do you drive a car? Do you use good from outside your home? Do you own anything plastic? Do you use a computer? All of these items along with just about everything else in this world has crossed paths with oil at some point. So if your a consumer of oil, then you are just as guilty as the next guy.
    Fuel-efficient cars. Cuz you prolly don't know nothin' about history you don't know about all the shiddy tricks big oil pulled to keep American cars fuel inefficient.

Electric cars. Check out the video, Who Killed the Electric Car?
    Who Killed the Electric Car?

Mass transit.

Plastic from green sources.

We still need oil to ship all the stuff we need but:

We can use locally produced food.

Buy locally produced goods.

Buy American, for a change.

Get upset a lot Simone?

Yeah, but at least I don't have to go to sleep at night cuddled up to a gun.

I never owned one and I never will. There is this old song: One fist of iron, the other of steel, if the right one doesn't get you then the left one will.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandycane View Post
    I agree 100%. I read that BP said it would cover losses caused by the leak - what about the loss of wildlife, sealife and the environment in general??? Impossible to fix that.

On a side note, I'm wondering what kind of environmental damage has been done to the counties in Tennessee that have recently been flooded.
    I know I won't eat any produce that comes from that area!
    This area produces a third of all seafood for the USA. You won't eat anything for there won't be anything coming from that area for a long long time.

"It is oil Jim, but not olive oil"

BP is generous, the Brits are giving away their oil for free, so grab a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    I never owned one and I never will. There is this old song: One fist of iron, the other of steel, if the right one doesn't get you then the left one will.
    is it a Wermacht song ?

Attempting to tie the oil leak to the GOP is asinine.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't take that argument seriously. It's just a childish personal attack.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

I regret my user name.