Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tobacco Science and the Thimerosal Scandal

Tobacco Science and the Thimerosal Scandal

I just came across this document written by Robert F. Kennedy, Jr....
    very interesting.

'Prior to 1989, American preschoolers generally received only three vaccinations, given in up to eleven injections: DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis), polio, and MMR (measles/mumps/rubella). In the early 1990’s, public health officials dramatically increased the number of thimerosal-containing vaccinations, including hepatitis B, DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis) and Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae type b), without considering the cumulative impact of the mercury load on developing brains.20 Federal officials instituted a requirement for a hepatitis B vaccination within 24 hours of birth when a child’s brain is most susceptible to toxic effects.21 According to Professor Dr. Boyd Haley, the chair of the Department of Chemistry at the University of Kentucky and one of the world’s leading authorities on mercury toxicity, an infant receiving the hepatitis B inoculation would have to weigh 275 pounds to bear its mercury loading at
    EPA’s safety standards.'

http://www.robertfkennedyjr.com/docs...andalFINAL.PDF
    'Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.' A. Einstein

"10 to 1 that in usual fashion, a post which breaks down an issue to its core will be completely ignored by the opposition as they go on discussing irrelevant minutia." - Archangel

'It's not rational to judge something in the present on actions people took a thousand years ago.' - jyoshu

'I AM your god, damit! And you will love me or, I will kill you dead.'

That is very interesting Sandy!
    Is this written by the late Senator Robert Kennedy's son?

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    It would be even more interesting if Thimerosal was a major concern in vaccines these days...but it's not.

First off, the FDA regs regarding Thimerosal were based on methylmercury, not ethylmercury. Thimerosal is broken down into ethylmercury (and thiosalicylate), which studies tend to show is eliminated much faster by the body than is methylmercury.

Second, most vaccines are now Thimerosal free, presently limiting the exposure of infants and children to significantly less Thimerosal than children 10 years ago.

The trace amounts of Thimerosal found in very few vaccines (usually about 1 microgram per dose) are not considered to be clinically significant. You get far more exposure to mercury by breathing, drinking tap water, and eating ocean-going fish such as tuna and swordfish.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    That is very interesting Sandy!
    Is this written by the late Senator Robert Kennedy's son?
    Yes, it is:
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

So sad...the government is responsible for poisoning a generation with fluoride and then with this.

"10 to 1 that in usual fashion, a post which breaks down an issue to its core will be completely ignored by the opposition as they go on discussing irrelevant minutia." - Archangel

'It's not rational to judge something in the present on actions people took a thousand years ago.' - jyoshu

Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post
    It would be even more interesting if Thimerosal was a major concern in vaccines these days...but it's not.

First off, the FDA regs regarding Thimerosal were based on methylmercury, not ethylmercury. Thimerosal is broken down into ethylmercury (and thiosalicylate), which studies tend to show is eliminated much faster by the body than is methylmercury.

Second, most vaccines are now Thimerosal free, presently limiting the exposure of infants and children to significantly less Thimerosal than children 10 years ago.

The trace amounts of Thimerosal found in very few vaccines (usually about 1 microgram per dose) are not considered to be clinically significant. You get far more exposure to mercury by breathing, drinking tap water, and eating ocean-going fish such as tuna and swordfish.
    So, you aren't interested in the fact that a generation of children have been damaged by this drug?

Feeling litigious?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandycane View Post
    So, you aren't interested in the fact that a generation of children have been damaged by this drug?
    Not really. First off, define "damaged". And I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "generation of children", it was more like "a few". It is sad if a few children were made ill from or suffered lasting effects from Thimerosal, but far less sad than watching many more children die from or suffer lasting effects from diseases that could have been prevented with vaccination. I would bet that the benefit far outweighed the cost.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way

Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post
    Not really. First off, define "damaged". And I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "generation of children", it was more like "a few". It is sad if a few children were made ill from or suffered lasting effects from Thimerosal, but far less sad than watching many more children die from or suffer lasting effects from diseases that could have been prevented with vaccination. I would bet that the benefit far outweighed the cost.
    A better alternative would have been to vaccinate without using a drug that was known to cause physical and mental damage...and it was hardly 'a few'.

A better alternative would have been to vaccinate without using a drug that was known to cause physical and mental damage...and it was hardly 'a few'.
    Do you know why Thimerosal was/is used in vaccines?

And what damage do you think that Thimerosal causes? Be specific.

Long is the way

All vaccines have side effects, and they can be quite horrible - every once in a million. People just forget that the diseases also come with occasional complications, which are orders of magnitude more common, and more deadly.

As for thimerosal - it's an addition to the vaccine, not exactly necessary. Essentially, it's used to sterilize and preserve the vaccines. It is widely alleged that it's harmful, but as with all similar claims, it's far from confirmed. It's being phased out, anyway.

Really nothing worse than a conspiracy theorist. Time to bring out the tin foil hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    Really nothing worse than a conspiracy theorist. Time to bring out the tin foil hats.
    Yeah, you keep on thinking that.
    Take off those rose-colored glasses, get your head out of your butt and do some reading on the subject.
    You can start here:

YouTube - Thimerosal (Ethylmercury), Vaccines and Autism: Part 1 of 6

Take off those rose-colored glasses, get your head out of your butt and do some reading on the subject.
    You can start here:

YouTube - Thimerosal (Ethylmercury), Vaccines and Autism: Part 1 of 6
    Wow..even the Nazi's put together better propaganda than that.

Riddle me this genious:

If autism rates continue to climb, yet we have all but eliminated Thimerosal from vaccines...?

I am quite sure that there is a reason so many children are being diagnosed with autism and ASD's, however simple logic tells us that it is not Thimerosal. That's why I love conspiracy theorists...they have to ignore the obvious to believe the incredible.

Long is the way

I will keep on thinking that...thanks for the support

I don't we need to bring in the color of my glasses into this; what have they ever done to you? Be that as it may, I only wear glasses while riding my bike and they are a blue and white mix...and I might add, rather stylish.

Wait, I thought you just told me to read something...how can I read a video? Ok ok, it has words in the video but still you are better off asking me to watch and read. Anyway, pointing me to a conspiracy theorist video doesn't really help your cause.

Now I'm not one to totally dismiss a scientific claim simply because it is in the minority but in this case we have the benefit of being able to test the hypothesis and see a conclusion fairly conclusively. From what I have seen their is no evidence Thiomersal found in vaccines causes autism. Furthermore, they have been out of vaccines for some time yet autism rates are going up at an even higher rate. Finally, the first person cited in your biased, no factual video is Mark Geier who is the ONLY one (that is relevant) to have a study suggesting a link and is the ONLY study that has been basically discredited for poor scientific skills.

This isn't evolution or global warming...this theory is easily tested and the results are in...you fail.

Interesting discussion about Tobacco Science and the Thimerosal Scandal
    Jo Conrad

It's really good to see people discussing on Tobacco Science and the Thimerosal Scandal.