Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is a "Terrorist" Not a "Terrorist"? When He's a White Texan.

When is a "Terrorist" Not a "Terrorist"? When He's a White Texan.

A BUZZFLASH COMMENTARY
    By Arthur Plum
    If someone flew an airplane into a building full of people to protest the Afghan war, it would be called a terrorist incident. However, when Mr. Joe Stack flew his plane into an IRS building and killed people, the news media calls it. “the accident,” and “the incident.” The local Texas prosecutor and even the White House claimed specifically that Mr. Stack was not a terrorist.

But what should you call it when a man pens a manifesto proclaiming, “violence is the only answer,” then kills people because they work for the government? Mr. Stack’s wife apologized on the news to “everyone affected by the incident,” but was careful not to use the term “victim,” when referring to the people her husband murdered.

Regardless of the media’s politically correct posturing, the simple fact is this: Joe Stack was a suicide bomber, a domestic terrorist. Even though his name was Joe, and not Mohammed, and even though he was protesting taxes, not Israeli foreign policy, Mr. Stack was, a murderer of the innocent.
    When is a "Terrorist" Not a "Terrorist"? When He's a White Texan and Not an Arab. Joe Stack. | BuzzFlash.org

I think the TeaBaggers need to cool down the violent rhetoric.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    I think the TeaBaggers need to cool down the violent rhetoric.
    Read the note again, this guy was as leftist liberal as Obama, Biden and most of congress itself.

This also wasn't an act of terrorism. There was no agenda to achieve, no use of terror to accomplish goals. Nothing.

Try again, little Simone.
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

[QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

His agenda was a grab bag of all sorts of things. A lot of them were to the left of the current administration by quite a margin, but his rant about taxes was straight out of the far right play book. In short, he was an incoherent nutter, hardly a surprise given that he set fire to his house with his family inside and flew a plane into a building deliberately.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

Poor misguided child

While I believe this lunatic murderer was a (domestic) terrorist, and I say that as a white man born in Texas and a conservative by anyones standards, I find it baffling how anyone could bother to quote such small minded drivel.
    Where, when and whom was the XXXXX you quoted referring too as violent and club wielding.
    To the people of the world, John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor, John Wayne is the United States of America. He is what they believe it to be. He is what they hope it will be. And he is what they hope it will always be. Maureen O'hara

You turn the other cheek and I'll roll up the next chamber!

XXXX = m o r o n
    site changed.
    To the people of the world, John Wayne is not just an actor and a very fine actor, John Wayne is the United States of America. He is what they believe it to be. He is what they hope it will be. And he is what they hope it will always be. Maureen O'hara

You turn the other cheek and I'll roll up the next chamber!

When he was with his family.

poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NATO 556 View Post
    Read the note again, this guy was as leftist liberal as Obama, Biden and most of congress itself.

This also wasn't an act of terrorism. There was no agenda to achieve, no use of terror to accomplish goals. Nothing.

It most certainly qualifies as domestic terrorism. And liberals don't fly planes into buildings. They have consciences. Something conservatives lack.

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    It most certainly qualifies as domestic terrorism. And liberals don't fly planes into buildings. They have consciences. Something conservatives lack.
    Many conservatives have consciences. It's the Neo-Cons we have to worry about, they were born and bred heartless and soulless and the only thing that concerns them is power and wealth.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

As Dick told Dubya;

"Mr President. if s-h-it was worth money we would remove the a-r-s-e holes of the poor"

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    As Dick told Dubya;

"Mr President. if s-h-it was worth money we would remove the a-r-s-e holes of the poor"
    All of them are already in congress, so what's the difference?
    Girls like guns too

the a-r-s-e-holes or the poor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    the a-r-s-e-holes or the poor ?
    The ***holes of course.
    Girls like guns too

poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NATO 556 View Post

You're confused. Liberals don't fly planes into buildings because they're frustrated with the system. Get a clue. And it was an act of domestic terrorism.

poet Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BKS01 View Post
    While I believe this lunatic murderer was a (domestic) terrorist, and I say that as a white man born in Texas and a conservative by anyones standards, I find it baffling how anyone could bother to quote such small minded drivel.
    Where, when and whom was the XXXXX you quoted referring too as violent and club wielding.
    You have my sympathy.

poet Guest
    Many conservatives have consciences. It's the Neo-Cons we have to worry about, they were born and bred heartless and soulless and the only thing that concerns them is power and wealth.
    And the architects of the Neo-Con movement were none other than Bill Krystol, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, and Dick Cheney...and they began "moving" in the Reagan administration.