Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran opens two new missile plants

Iran opens two new missile plants

Saw this on CNN: Report: Iran opens two missile plants - CNN.com

From there:

Two new missile production plants opened in Iran on Saturday.

The inauguration of the production lines for the anti-helicopter Qaem missile, and the anti-armor Toofan-5 (Hurricane) missile, came three days after Iran test-launched a rocket capable of carrying a satellite, a launch deemed a "provocative act" by Washington.

The Defense Ministry told Iran's semi-official Fars News Agency that both missiles have "high penetration and destructive powers."

By mass producing and delivering these modern arms, Iran's department of defense aims to increase its ground and air defenses, the semi-official Fars news agency reported.

The announcement of new missile production coincided with a 10-day period marking the 31st anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution that toppled the U.S.-backed shah.

"Toofan 5 is one of the most advanced missiles. It has two warheads which can destroy tanks and other armored vehicles," Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi told Fars.

The Qaem is a "missile which can destroy targets in the air traveling at low speed and at low altitude, especially assault helicopters," Vahidi added.

The laser guided anti-helicopter Qaem rocket is designed to resist enemy actions in electronic warfare.

Iran is embroiled in a dispute with the West over its nuclear program and often makes announcements of progress in its military capabilities.

The West suspects Iran of trying to build nuclear bombs, but Iran says its program is for peaceful power generation.

On Friday, Iran's foreign minister said he believes a solution will be reached over a proposed deal to export uranium for enrichment abroad, a demand of Western nations who worry that Tehran plans to use its program to build nuclear weapons.

"The amount of uranium [for export] is negotiable. But I am confident that a solution can be found," Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference in Germany, Iran's state-run Press TV reported.

Earlier this week, Iran's atomic energy chief said no deal had been struck to export uranium for enrichment.

"The discussions are still being conducted, and we will inform the nation of any final agreements," said Ali Akbar Salehi, director of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, on Wednesday according to the state-run Iranian Labour News Agency.

Asked what countries in addition to France and Brazil were under consideration, he said it was an Asian country, but would not name it.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has told Press TV that Iran would have "no problem" turning over most of its low-enriched uranium to the West for further enrichment. Iranian diplomats had initially accepted the idea, which was proposed by the West, but then rejected a plan put forth by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the atomic watchdog of the United Nations.

"In our opinion, there are no issues with the exchange" of 3 percent to 5 percent enriched uranium for 20 percent enriched uranium, Ahmadinejad said.

He added that, if the West were to refuse to return the enriched fuel, world opinion would shift.

"If they don't live up to their agreement, the international atmosphere will change in our favor," he said.

"They [Western countries] can come and build 20 nuclear power plants for us; Russia, France and the United States can come and sign contracts and build the power plants. It serves our interests as well as theirs. Of course if they don't come to do this, we will reach a point to build our own power plants."

Mottaki on Friday said Ahmadinejad's comments show that the Islamic republic is "eager" to discuss the proposal.

Iran insists its nuclear program is intended solely for peaceful purposes.
    Comments?

Mine are - I would be arming up too if I was Iran, with the threatening dialogue going back and forth between Iran and Israel.

I don't blame them in the least. And certainly we have no room to complain about them improving their weapons when we do this every day in this country.

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantOreo View Post
    Saw this on CNN: Report: Iran opens two missile plants - CNN.com

From there:

Comments?

Mine are - I would be arming up too if I was Iran, with the threatening dialogue going back and forth between Iran and Israel.

I don't blame them in the least. And certainly we have no room to complain about them improving their weapons when we do this every day in this country.
    Of course, I would expect nothing more from you. Forget the fact that Ahmadinejad has vowed to start WW3 in order to force the return of the 12th Imam. Why should that play a part in your support for this outlaw regime/dictatorship. Apparently it doesn't even bother you that the civilian population is protesting this regime in spite of government violence and persecution against the citizenry. Here you go, educate yourself for once.

‘12th Imam,’ Key Facet Of Islamic Prophecy, Fueling Middle East Turmoil

Here, from Ahmadinejad's own speech to the UN is what really drives this lunatic. But being the antisemitic whack job that you are, you will support anyone who opposes and threatens Israel's existence.

Ahmadinejad’s Apocalyptic Vision | Blue Star Chronicles

And before you criticize the source, remember that no leftist links would quote his speech for public consumption. So absorb the message rather than attack the source if that is possible.

Didn't we tell those sand boys once before not to do that? Somebody obviously wasn't paying attention the first time around.

When do we cruise missile the sights and threaten to drop pigs on them for not paying attention?
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]
    The admission of a sociopathic serial killer.

[QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]
    He should practice what he preaches.

The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by NATO 556 View Post
    When do we cruise missile the sights and threaten to drop pigs on them for not paying attention?
    My guess would be sometime after Jan 20th 2013, as soon as President Do-little is out of office.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Archangel Guest
    I guess cookie's had enough of this embarrassment of an ignorant thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Of course, I would expect nothing more from you. Forget the fact that Ahmadinejad has vowed to start WW3 in order to force the return of the 12th Imam.
    And what right, exactly, do we have to tell them they can't improve their anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons?

Why should that play a part in your support for this outlaw regime/dictatorship. Apparently it doesn't even bother you that the civilian population is protesting this regime in spite of government violence and persecution against the citizenry. Here you go, educate yourself for once.

Archie lying about me. My THAT'S new.

I don't support the regime - I support a sovereign country's right to improve their defensive technology.

Here, from Ahmadinejad's own speech to the UN is what really drives this lunatic. But being the antisemitic whack job that you are, you will support anyone who opposes and threatens Israel's existence.
    More lies and a personal attack. THAT'S new too! Reported to the admin.

And before you criticize the source, remember that no leftist links would quote his speech for public consumption. So absorb the message rather than attack the source if that is possible.
    Perhaps they wouldn't quote it because it isn't true? hmmmm.

Didn't we tell those sand boys once before not to do that?
    Racist.
    And when dd we tell them they couldn't develop their defensive technology? And if we did, what right do we have to do so?
    Somebody obviously wasn't paying attention the first time around.

Oh, by all means go ahead and do that. Be prepared to pay out the XXX for gas and other oil products afterward, though.

Iran will respond by sinking ships and laying mines (they're pretty good at laying antiship mines as seen in the 80s) in the Strait of Hormuz, and block off all oil shipments (25%+ of the worlds oil passes through there) to the outside world by doing so. It would take months for us to go in and clear it up.

Months without oil, skyrocketing prices.

Have fun with that.

I guess cookie's had enough of this embarrassment of an ignorant thread.
    Or I have a life and don't live to be at your beck and call or watch the forums so I can respond minutes after you post........

Archangel Guest
    Of course, I would expect nothing more from you. Forget the fact that Ahmadinejad has vowed to start WW3 in order to force the return of the 12th Imam. Why should that play a part in your support for this outlaw regime/dictatorship. Apparently it doesn't even bother you that the civilian population is protesting this regime in spite of government violence and persecution against the citizenry. Here you go, educate yourself for once.

And what right, exactly, do we have to tell them they can't improve their anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons?

Archie lying about me. My THAT'S new.

I don't support the regime - I support a sovereign country's right to improve their defensive technology.

More lies and a personal attack. THAT'S new too! Reported to the admin.

Perhaps they wouldn't quote it because it isn't true? hmmmm.
    Really? I notice you don't bother to post any actual evidence that it isn't true, beside; It made the international news reports the day he gave the speech and was discussed by the pundits for the next week. Unfortunately, the Leftist media in this country ignored it from the get go. But he has said it before in speeches so his beliefs and agenda is undeniable to any rational and reasonable person. It behooves us to not enable, encourage or support his desire to build any weapons systems just as the civilized world doesn't encourage N Korea. These men are dangerous whack jobs and only an equally dangerous whack job like you would assume that because they label these weapons systems as defensive, that they are actually intended to be defensive.

Your ignorance is as epic as simone's, assi's and the other Leftist anti Jewish bigots who troll these forums.

I think I'd rather trust the guys who aren't calling us the Great Satan or yelling "Death to America!"

After understanding how hateful and anti-semetic the Arab countries are, one would have to be either biased or stupid to sympathize with them over Israel. The goal of the Islamic Jihadists is Worldwide Sharia Law.
    Last edited by COBHC; 02-08-2010 at 11:25 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~ Gerald Ford

"What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving." ~ Adrian Rogers

Support gun control: hit your target when shooting!

I regret my user name.

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by COBHC View Post
    I think I'd rather trust the guys who aren't calling us the Great Satan or yelling "Death to America!"

After understanding how hateful and anti-semetic the Arab countries are, one would have to be either biased or stupid to sympathize with them over Israel. The goal of the Islamic Jihadists is Worldwide Sharia Law.
    And don't forget submission to allah via the threat to convert to islam or die. Evidently cookie is completely oblivious to what they truly represent.

Because they're getting paid by us, and their people have a desire to kill us.

Where exactly have you been anyway? Have you forgotten September 11th?

Racist.
    So what?

Oh, by all means go ahead and do that. Be prepared to pay out the XXX for gas and other oil products afterward, though.

Iran will respond by sinking ships and laying mines (they're pretty good at laying antiship mines as seen in the 80s) in the Strait of Hormuz, and block off all oil shipments (25%+ of the worlds oil passes through there) to the outside world by doing so. It would take months for us to go in and clear it up.

Months without oil, skyrocketing prices.

Have fun with that.
    You think they'd so willingly cut off one of their biggest consumers and lose all that funding for their product? That's like Wal-Mart telling the trailer park people they won't want their business anymore.
    [QUOTE=Brady;363469]When I was a kid I did lots of things like playing with fire and torturing animals even though adults told me not to.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Penfold;363126]No Personal attacks, insults, name calling, offensive generalizations, or labeling.[/QUOTE]

The three duties of government: 1. Protect property 2. preserve contracts 3. provide for the rule of law.

An attack on Iran would almost certainly cause a huge rise in terrorist attacks and a massive hike in oil prices.
    That's why The US has not done it IMO
    Whether it would be worth it to stop a rogue state obtaining nuclear weapons is debatable.

Go to war now, or get nuked later.

Some choice.

Go to war now, or get nuked later.

Some choice.
    Not a good situation for sure..and only the States has the power and the choice.