Poll: Americans, is it acceptable in US society to rape your wife?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In the US, is it socially acceptable to rape your wife?

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by hwyangel View Post
    America does not recognize sharia law (yet) , however I have heard of other countries adopting it. Possibly your friend is from one?
    Sharia considers rape a crime against god. The fact that men all too often get away with it is a reflection of the rediculous legal system that does not provide equal protection or representation to women.

And to note, the person this post was intended for is long gone...thankfully.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Ethmi View Post
    I created this thread because somebody on this forum stated that it is socially acceptable to rape your wife. I know it's not acceptable to rape any woman even if she's your wife. So I put this poll here to show him how ignorant his statement was.

I cannot prevent any non-Americans from voting, but if you are not an American, I'd prefer it if you didn't vote. Americans are more familiar with US society than anyone else, obviously.
    Depends upon what state you live in.

I understand the behavior is accepted in Southern states.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by lmno697 View Post
    Well, the big story is the Supreme Court. President Obama has found his nominee. She is a Federal appeals judge. Sonia Sotomayor, I think her name is. A Latino woman, how about that? So, you know what that means. Ruth Bader Ginsburg no longer the hot chick on the court." --Jay Leno"History was made today when President Obama nominated Judge Sonia Sotomayor as the first female Hispanic justice to serve in the U.S. Supreme court. Obama said this should help keep the court from leaning too far to the white." --Jimmy Fallon
    Are you attempting to make a point?
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Depends upon what state you live in.

No it's not Simone. You don't understand very much.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way

Speaking of understanding, there is a deeply troubling understanding of sexuality in the American South.

Women and girls are a sexual commodity to be consumed by the superior white male.

Speaking of understanding, there is a deeply troubling understanding of sexuality in the American South.

Women and girls are a sexual commodity to be consumed by the superior white male.
    Give them enough booze and quite a few agree with aforesaid superior white male , no doubt

Factoring in low intelligence, yes.

Factoring in low intelligence, yes.
    If you are inferring that only girls with low intelligence are more amenable to sexual congress after imbibing alcholic beverages then you have never been to college

That's a far cry from speaking about spousal rape and saying:

Accepted by whom exactly? The rapist himself? His victim? Law enforcement? Society in general?

If you are going to make sweeping stereotypical remarks, be prepared to back them up with evidence and logic. Your anti white, anti-male agenda carries no special authority of it's own.

Long is the way

Persons who repeatedly re-elect Senators Mushmouth Jefferson Davis Beauregard Sessions III, Richard Shelby, James Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Saxbe Chambliss, et al, Senators who profess disbelief in global warming, the persons who repeatedly vote for those devils of ignorance have severe mental problems.

Persons who repeatedly re-elect Senators Mushmouth Jefferson Davis Beauregard Sessions III, Richard Shelby, James Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Saxbe Chambliss, et al, Senators who profess disbelief in global warming, the persons who repeatedly vote for those devils of ignorance have severe mental problems.
    What the hell does that have to do with the topic at hand? Oh yeah...nothing. Why am I not surprised? Can't support your last rediculous argument, so you simply make up a new rediculous argument. You go girl!

Long is the way

I answered no, but I don't think I understood the question. Do you mean is it common place? Or do you mean, is it ok to rape your wife? To the first question I would say, while maybe not common place it is evident that both men and women abuse their spouses. Women probably are more inclined to emotionally abuse their husband and men are probably more inclined to physically abuse their wife. But this is terrible and disgusting.
    "You will say to me then, 'Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?' On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? -Romans 9:19-21 (NASB)

That's really not true . . . Southern culture is bsed upon chivalry: a midieval concoction that created the knight and damsel. After the crusades, the knights needed something to protect, and the rest is history.

As always however there are slobs that know nothing of chivalry and wouldn't practice it if you paid them, but during the height of southern culture prior to the cival war; propriety was everything to a southern gentleman and every southern man wanted to be a "southern gentleman". In many rual places you can still find this old culture alive and well.
    He Lived in the Perfect Midfield Time

Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    That's really not true . . . Southern culture is bsed upon chivalry: a midieval concoction that created the knight and damsel. After the crusades, the knights needed something to protect, and the rest is history.

As always however there are slobs that know nothing of chivalry and wouldn't practice it if you paid them, but during the height of southern culture prior to the cival war; propriety was everything to a southern gentleman and every southern man wanted to be a "southern gentleman". In many rual places you can still find this old culture alive and well.
    Yeah, that old "gentleman" of the South, Strom Thurmond, comes instantly to mind. The "gentleman" who raped a young maid in his household and impregnated her. Nice Southern chivalry.

Yeah, that old "gentleman" of the South, Strom Thurmond, comes instantly to mind. The "gentleman" who raped a young maid in his household and impregnated her. Nice Southern chivalry.
    Must be where Democrat Bill Clinton learned how to rape a woman.

Broaddrick details alleged rape by Clinton
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow