Poll: Americans, is it acceptable in US society to rape your wife?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the US, is it socially acceptable to rape your wife?

In the US, is it socially acceptable to rape your wife?

I created this thread because somebody on this forum stated that it is socially acceptable to rape your wife. I know it's not acceptable to rape any woman even if she's your wife. So I put this poll here to show him how ignorant his statement was.

I cannot prevent any non-Americans from voting, but if you are not an American, I'd prefer it if you didn't vote. Americans are more familiar with US society than anyone else, obviously.
    My imaginary friend left me. He said his other friends didn't believe in me.

Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

I suppose that in your rude society, Ethically-challenged," it might be so.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    I suppose that in your rude society, Ethically-challenged," it might be so.
    I know it's not socially acceptable to rape your wife in the US. I'm not sure wether you didn't read the OP or if you're just being a bitch. But you should know that I know it's not acceptable to rape one's wife and I do not advocate rape of any woman no matter what relation she is to the attacker.

But there was an Australian on here who was apparently a big expert on evil US society and he knows more than everyone else, and he said from his vast experience of living in the US that it is socially acceptable to rape your wife in the US, which I know is not true. I created this thread to prove him wrong, simone. You could've voted "no" like I did. For your little mind, it's "no" as in "No, it is not socially acceptable to rape your wife among US citizens."
    Last edited by Ethmi; 01-10-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ethmi View Post
    I know it's not socially acceptable to rape your wife in the US. I'm not sure wether you didn't read the OP or if you're just being a bitch.

"
    Both

Depends on where you are. In some places/cultures it is, in some it is not. In some states it is illegal, in others it is not.

It should not be and it should be illegal everywhere.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

MarieAntoinette Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jitobear View Post
    Depends on where you are. In some places/cultures it is, in some it is not. In some states it is illegal, in others it is not.

It should not be and it should be illegal everywhere.
    It is a crime in all 50 states in the United States. Though it is more difficult to prosecute in some states, and only about 18 have progressed so that they make no distinction between stranger rape and marital rape.

Rape is rape. It's a criminal offense and should be treated as such, everywhere.

MarieAntoinette Guest
    I'm not sure wether you didn't read the OP or if you're just being a bitch.
    I think it's more like you being a bitch, and as usual.

Not only is it not socially acceptable, it is illegal in all 50 states and subject to the same penalty as any rape. 'Spousal' isn't a pass of any kind.

MarieAntoinette Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Both
    You too, little squirty bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by MarieAntoinette View Post
    I think it's more like you being a bitch, and as usual.
    Stunning. You're here insulting me even though we agree on this issue. You must really hate me, Antonia.

~ Thomas Jefferson

MarieAntoinette Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by flygirl View Post
    Not only is it not socially acceptable, it is illegal in all 50 states and subject to the same penalty as any rape. 'Spousal' isn't a pass of any kind.
    It shouldn't be a pass, but some states still don't consider it as serious as other forms of rape. It's a criminal offense, but they make a distinction between "spousal rape" and other. Sick, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by flygirl View Post
    You mean socially unacceptable? I'm still waiting for travis to show up and see the poll results. His statement was moronic to begin with, now I'm sure it'll be even more difficult to defend.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MarieAntoinette View Post
    You too, little squirty bitch.
    Squirty like you have never known, cream pie girl!

MarieAntoinette Guest
    Stunning. You're here insulting me even though we agree on this issue. You must really hate me, Antonia.
    Stunning yourself. I think you have a BAD case of projection fella. Kind of goes with vivid imagination.

She hates everyone.
    Especially white men when the R word is written by her, her friend simone and especially when a man writes it,
    Its called repression