Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar

Just wondering if anyone here has seen James Cameron's Avatar and what they thought of it.

(I have seen it, but I'd like to hear what others think of it too)

I thought it was good. Saw it in IMAX 3d. Great story awesome fight scenes cool blue people. Worth the 300 million price tag? Naw... maybe maybe 200 mil...

Archangel Guest
    I haven't seen it yet but will see it in I-MAX in the coming week. I think that's the only way to see a movie like this. What I find most surprising about it is that it proves the adage that if you build it, they will come since it earned 272 million in its first week of release, worldwide, with a production cost of 300 million dollars. Incredibly, the movies almost broke even in its first week. http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertain...243859838.html

I also think the CGI technology which overlays fictional persona's over real actors gives a dimension of realism to this world which has never been accomplished before. I believe movie making has taken a leap forward with this technology which will become SOP now because of Cameron and Avatar. So I look forward to seeing it, and if this thread is still active will offer my critique on the story line. I hear it's 3 hours long though, does anyone who saw it think that's too long and was hard to sit through?

I saw it. They spent a lot of attention to detail. The computer screens in the movie were awesome, and the scenery was like in a dream. The plot was akin to Dances with Wolves. Great sci-fi flick, but you need to see it in 3-D before it disappears from the theaters.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

I haven't seen it. I'm just trying to break a record.
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Archangel Guest
    We just came home from seeing Avatar in 3-D at the IMAX Theatre this afternoon and it was mind boggling in its beauty and storyline. I am still awestruck by the world Cameron created for us. It was previously unimagined in its concept from the flora and fauna to the wildlife. This was by far the most impressive movie of my lifetime. I literally felt like I was in it with the stereoscopic 3-D effects and even flinched during one of the battle scenes when a smoke grenade appeared to fly right past my head. The love story was beautiful and the CGI effects were so smooth that I forgot they weren't living breathing aliens from Pandora. This movie must be seen in at least 3D though and preferably in IMAX if available and affordable. And one more thing, don't even pay attention to the televised movie trailers because they don't come close to doing the movie experience justice. Just go see it in IMAX 3D and thank me later for recommending it, cuz you wont be sorry.
    Last edited by Archangel; 12-31-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Hi Iuris,
    I have watched Avatar in 3D twice. Once with friends and once with family.
    James Cameron is one of the brilliant director and produced great films.
    Alfies

I have seen it in 3D. It is amazing .Avatar was really a new concept. very good story line...i want to watch it again and again....

I like these movie. This is a superb movie. I watch these movie in first show with my friends anna. She really like this movie.

Avatar is a director by James Cameron.he is a eminent director,Avatar is a history in the all over world.I watched seven time this movie.it is 3d animation.it is video able movie.it is very entertaining movie.

Hi Guys

I was watch the Avatar movie because it is a good movie..In movie show the plant feeling withe humans...

Hi Guys

Last year,i was saw the Avatar movie..It is a mind blowing hollywood movie.In movie,show the attachment of plants with humans fellings..According to me it is a best movie in 2011..

Avatar movie is big budget movie and it is also a great 3D movie.
    When i watch this movie i had a goosebumps because in this great
    action perform by Sam Worthington this 3D action look like reality action.
    Sam Worthington done outstanding work in it.
    __________________________________________________ __

I watched Avatar movie first day first show in theater with my friend.It is animated and aliens movie.We really enjoyed to watching this movie.....

avatar is very amazing movie,i watched this movie ten times...this movie director is very intelligent,this is all time best movie for me.....