Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pearl Harbor Anniversary - The BIG LIE Remembered

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    The McCollum Memo shows that FDR was actively attempting to provoke Japan into taking a military action against the US. Follow that with FDR's memo that our military was not to take any pre-emptive action against Japan and you've got a lit fuse.
    So a memo from the East Asian ONI director to the US ONI director and a naval historian are evidence of FDR's policy? And furthermore, what exactly is wrong with a policy against pre-emptive action, and how does this policy make the situation more volatile?

If you want the evidence, but the damn book yourself.
    My point JP is that if this guy was able to include the actual reports in his book, then it would stand to reason that they would be freely available in other sources. I have seen no evidence of them, which makes them nothing more than hearsay in my book.

According to cryptographers AND the crew of at least one cruise ship in the area, there wasn't radio silence.
    Here's a source that you can check:
    A site called "whatreallyhappened.com" that talks about a "secret station H" that is mentioned nowhere else I can find, except on this site? And at the bottom of the page, what book does he site as a great source?

What about reports from the Japanese who were part of the strike force, the after action reports, and the official Naval Historical Record of Japan which all clearly state that not only was strict radio silence observed, but steps were even taken to disable radios? That's the general problem with conspiracy theories and why they are often viewed with such contempt. They ignore glaring contradictory evidence while supporting there own revisionist conclusions with flimsy, often single sourced information of questionable origin.

"The task force, keeping its movement strictly secret and maintaining close guard against submarines and aircraft, shall advance into Hawaiian waters, and upon the very opening of hostilities shall attack the main force of the United States fleet in Hawaii and deal it a mortal XXXX".
    Think about this...does it really make sense to you? A radio communication between the top two Japanese commanders of the strike force (who both maintain that the fleet observed strict radio silence) which gives specific information as to what they are going to do and where they are going to do it, all while knowing full well that any radio communication could be direction finded back to their position enabling the US to intercept the fleet before they even get in striking distance? Even if you are trying to say that the US ignored or burried information in order to allow the attack to progress as a "surprise attack", how do argue that the Japanese must be lying about their radio silence? Are they to be considered knowing co-conspirators with the FDR administration?
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snakespit View Post
    So a memo from the East Asian ONI director to the US ONI director and a naval historian are evidence of FDR's policy? And furthermore, what exactly is wrong with a policy against pre-emptive action, and how does this policy make the situation more volatile?

My point JP is that if this guy was able to include the actual reports in his book, then it would stand to reason that they would be freely available in other sources. I have seen no evidence of them, which makes them nothing more than hearsay in my book.

A site called "whatreallyhappened.com" that talks about a "secret station H" that is mentioned nowhere else I can find, except on this site? And at the bottom of the page, what book does he site as a great source?

What about reports from the Japanese who were part of the strike force, the after action reports, and the official Naval Historical Record of Japan which all clearly state that not only was strict radio silence observed, but steps were even taken to disable radios? That's the general problem with conspiracy theories and why they are often viewed with such contempt. They ignore glaring contradictory evidence while supporting there own revisionist conclusions with flimsy, often single sourced information of questionable origin.

Think about this...does it really make sense to you? A radio communication between the top two Japanese commanders of the strike force (who both maintain that the fleet observed strict radio silence) which gives specific information as to what they are going to do and where they are going to do it, all while knowing full well that any radio communication could be direction finded back to their position enabling the US to intercept the fleet before they even get in striking distance? Even if you are trying to say that the US ignored or burried information in order to allow the attack to progress as a "surprise attack", how do argue that the Japanese must be lying about their radio silence? Are they to be considered knowing co-conspirators with the FDR administration?
    It's not often that I have to admit that I may have erred, but in this instance, I may have. Every time I tried to find original documents to verify statements made, I hit brick walls or as in the case of the cryptographers, they paint a different story. For instance, the cryptographer that supposedly intercepted pre-Pearl chatter stated in a memorial ceremony years later that he was sorry that they hadn't been able to uncover anything pre-Pearl.
    I also found several references that stated that the radios in the fleet were physically disabled so that they were inoperable during the transit.

I will try to find the book, Day of Deceit in the library over the holiday, but I'm not holding out much hope of it actually being indisputable proof.

Actually speaking of WW2 South Park released photos of who really dropped the A bomb on Japan... It wasnt the whales or the dolphins but the chickens and the cows....

Lol I love that episode. Came out a few weeks ago...