Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Glenn Beck Went Yapping After Van Jones

Why Glenn Beck Went Yapping After Van Jones

Glenn Beck used his popular Fox News show this afternoon to attack the background of Van Jones, a White House environmental advisor who co-founded an African American political advocacy group that organized an advertising boycott of his program.

During his 2 p.m. PDT show, Beck did not address the boycott spearheaded by Color of Change to protest the talk show host’s remark last month that he believes President Obama is “a racist.”

Instead, he spent a large share of his program suggesting that Jones, who co-founded Color of Change in 2005, is a radical. Jones now serves as a special advisor for Green Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
    UPDATED: Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

The trumped up charge that Van Jones is a "radical," whatever the hades that is.

When the truth is, Jones' organization was successfully persuading advertisers to boycott Beck's show.

Of course, Beck has a right to protect himself and his pocketbook, but he should at least tell the truth about it.

And, even if Beck lost every one of his advertisers, his deep-pocketed boss, Rupert Murdoch, would put out billions to keep Beck on the air.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    UPDATED: Glenn Beck goes after Color of Change co-founder Van Jones | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

The trumped up charge that Van Jones is a "radical," whatever the hades that is.

When the truth is, Jones' organization was successfully persuading advertisers to boycott Beck's show.

Of course, Beck has a right to protect himself and his pocketbook, but he should at least tell the truth about it.

And, even if Beck lost every one of his advertisers, his deep-pocketed boss, Rupert Murdoch, would put out billions to keep Beck on the air.
    Maybe you'd like to hear a pertinent Jones quote that he made after the Rodney King trial?
    "The King verdict came down on April 29th. By August I was a communist."

That sure sounds like Beck was right, IMO.

Ha ha very funny. You are joking right?
    The left lost the ability, use logic or know what truth is with the embrace of moral relativism. Thus you get moral equivalence between acts like detaining terrorists and cutting off heads of innocents.
    If lawmakers and anti-gun groups were serious about reducing or ending gun crimes, they would turn their wrath toward the criminals. As it is, their efforts are not the solution to gun crimes they are part of the problem.
    Even if you gave liberals the answers on an ethics exam, they’d fail.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSarge View Post
    Ha ha very funny. You are joking right?
    When liberals lose the debate, they play the race card. Simone's post is just another example of that tactic.

As if Glenn Beck or Fox News cares if an advertiser leaves because of Van Jones.

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
    Glenn Beck – 2,677,000 viewers (759,000) (1,228,000)
    Situation Room—500,000 viewers (102,000) (181,000)
    Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—555,000 viewers (133,000) (326,000)
    Fast Money—158,000 viewers (43,000) (69,000)
    Prime News–233,000 viewers (93,000) (46,000)

Total P2+: 1,446,000 viewers for all but Glenn Beck.

So Glenn Beck has almost twice the total of all the other networks combined. I'm sure Murdoch is scared HA.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Maybe you'd like to hear a pertinent Jones quote that he made after the Rodney King trial?
    "The King verdict came down on April 29th. By August I was a communist."

That sure sounds like Beck was right, IMO.
    So? Sue Wal-mart then, the top trader with Communist Red China.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Gee simone what has that got to do with Beck being correct? Have you totally lost it?
    The left lost the ability, use logic or know what truth is with the embrace of moral relativism. Thus you get moral equivalence between acts like detaining terrorists and cutting off heads of innocents.
    If lawmakers and anti-gun groups were serious about reducing or ending gun crimes, they would turn their wrath toward the criminals. As it is, their efforts are not the solution to gun crimes they are part of the problem.

JPSartre12 Guest
    As long as China doesn't export its communism to the US, why should it be my business where Wal-Mart gets its products? I'm free to buy or not buy from Wal-Mart.

Where is another McCarthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    Where is another McCarthy?
    Being kept on ice next to the head of Walt Disney.... As far as the rating of Beck and company I feel that Beck is one who is nothing more than a man who takes advantage of the situation.

The man instills scare tactics and it clearly show she is capitalizing on it that's for sure. I'm not against Beck being on the air or against him having a show, I just whole heartedly think the man is a flash in a pan and his theater antics are more for show than general concern for the American People.

Quote Originally Posted by jazyjason View Post
    Being kept on ice next to the head of Walt Disney.... As far as the rating of Beck and company I feel that Beck is one who is nothing more than a man who takes advantage of the situation.

The man instills scare tactics and it clearly show she is capitalizing on it that's for sure. I'm not against Beck being on the air or against him having a show, I just whole heartedly think the man is a flash in a pan and his theater antics are more for show than general concern for the American People.
    I disagree. He's done a fine job exposing the corrupt and radical Obama administration. You probably also didn't know he went after Bush for screwing up the illegal alien border situation.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    I disagree. He's done a fine job exposing the corrupt and radical Obama administration. You probably also didn't know he went after Bush for screwing up the illegal alien border situation.
    No that is not part of the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Right... Playing word puzzles on a chalkboard and comparing a can of snuff to the conference in Copehhaggen is "exposing" and a fine example of "journalism"... Please...

The man pours gasoline on people and puts on fake crocodile tears... Sounds like the man should get an Emmy not for reporting but on "best actor in a news anchor role".....

Right... Playing word puzzles on a chalkboard and comparing a can of snuff to the conference in Copehhaggen is "exposing" and a fine example of "journalism"... Please...

The man pours gasoline on people and puts on fake crocodile tears... Sounds like the man should get an Emmy not for reporting but on "best actor in a news anchor role".....
    Not to be picky but Beck is not a news anchor nor has he ever been. The same goes for Tingles and Oberdork.

JPSartre12 Guest

IMO, the more I watch Beck, the more entertaining AND insightful I find him. He pieces together bits of information that show an overall pattern that is lacking in most other media. For example, the relationship that Obama has with the head of the SEIU and how it relates to Obama’s policy decisions. Unquestionably, Obama is paying back the unions in the country for his being elected. Anyone that claims otherwise is blind to the facts.