Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new me

Quote Originally Posted by 99%BEEF View Post
    I am fed up with myself.

Is it possible to change who I am?

I am willing to try politics, religion or psychiatry.

Which would be the quickest and what sort of results can I expect?

I think I want my new personality to be obsessive compulsive or comfortably numb (no more uncertainty or boredom please).

Background Information.
    I believe personality is a tool used by the body to interface with the world. My current personality doesn’t make the most of my hardware and I desire an upgrade.
    Act like the person you wish you were and soon you will be.
    Tough to do around people that already know you.
    For best results start with a long flight.
    "They asked if I had found Jesus and I didn't even know He was missing."

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Descartes anyone?
    If I reply "I think not", will I disappear?

Thinking "I think not" is thinking, you ..

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Thinking "I think not" is thinking, you ..
    Humor's never been your strong point there, Pino.

Depends on what you call thinking.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Humor's never been your strong point there, Pino.
    stay away from thinking, it has never been your strong point and never will. And neither has been humour. To be humorous you need wit.

bottom line : you are right, "you are not"

stay away from thinking, it has never been your strong point and never will. And neither has been humour. To be humorous you need wit.

Neither is thinking evidently JP.
    The left lost the ability, use logic or know what truth is with the embrace of moral relativism. Thus you get moral equivalence between acts like detaining terrorists and cutting off heads of innocents.
    If lawmakers and anti-gun groups were serious about reducing or ending gun crimes, they would turn their wrath toward the criminals. As it is, their efforts are not the solution to gun crimes they are part of the problem.
    Even if you gave liberals the answers on an ethics exam, they’d fail.

JPSartre12 Guest

Actually, with very little thought, you'd have seen that the phrase "I think not" really doesn't involve ANY thinking. It is an expression of speech meaning "no" just like the answer to the perennial question "Does Winston add anything to the forum?"

I agree "I think not" does not involve any thinking. That is why you said it.

JPSartre12 Guest
    I agree "I think not" does not involve any thinking. That is why you said it.
    Tell me, Winston. Did your parents have any kids that lived?

Under your bed, waiting for you to fall asleep.
    I am fed up with myself.

I think I want my new personality to be obsessive compulsive or comfortably numb (no more uncertainty or boredom please).

Background Information.
    I believe personality is a tool used by the body to interface with the world. My current personality doesn’t make the most of my hardware and I desire an upgrade.
    I guess it all depends on your personal belief as to what personality is. You view personality as a tool used to interface with the world. I view personality as a reflection of how you view the world. Want to change your personality...change your view. Interesting question though.
    "Guns don't kill people, people kill people, and monkeys do too (if they have a gun)". -Eddie Izzard

Long is the way
    And hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light. -Milton

I am fed up with myself.
    Join the club hun you think your the only one who can't afford a Gym membership these days?

Sure just change your name or get a sex change. Susie or something sounds nice but then again I dunno. Hairy women can be a turn off for some men especially if they have an Adam's apple...

Politics will turn you into some abomination of a cross between Limbaugh and Olbermna with a horrible case of terret's syndrome.

Religion will make you feel bad because you won;t know which is the right one and you may never get a response back and if you do may cause you to go insane..

And psychiatry wont help because all the happy meds make you want to cut yourself or mommy, or the mailman so that's a bust...

If you need to loosen up a quick shot of Grey Goose never hurt and you may expect to find yourself in bed with a headache and the biggest mistake of your life lying next to you...

Try Spike Speigal from Cowboy Bebop the Anime. He's badass and doesn't give a flying &%*$

or be witty and creepy like Hannibal Lecter... *hiss*

Background Information.
    Psh tell Steve Jobs... He'll turn you into another apple whore product but you'll lose your soul to teenage girls and they'll make you in a pink metallic finish... Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Tell me, Winston. Did your parents have any kids that lived?
    Hey now just cause the litter was blind at birth doesn't mean he is now... Or does it? And well yeah he lived or maybe Winston could be a head in a jar like in Futurama.

Is adolescence creeping up on this thread?
    What you say can and will be used against you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jim's trucking View Post
    Is adolescence creeping up on this thread?
    Yes, it is. The children are running the asylum.