Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we allow...

Should we allow...

Should we allow health-care to the homeless, and illegal?

For the homeless:

Yes. However, I think that it should be based upon how they got to be homeless. Because, sometimes, it's their fault. And in those times, I don't think that we should have to cover all of their health-care.

DO I believe that we should cover some of it? Yes, because it's the right thing to do, and it is what our nation claims. Equal rights.

However, I have nothing to say on the issue of the illegal, because a member in my family was recently attacked (stabbed) by one, and the wounds are too fresh, and if I speak on it, I will be speaking with prejudice, so I will leave that subject alone.

But, what are your views?
    If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Montanae View Post

For the homeless:

Yes. However, I think that it should be based upon how they got to be homeless. Because, sometimes, it's their fault. And in those times, I don't think that we should have to cover all of their health-care.

DO I believe that we should cover some of it? Yes, because it's the right thing to do, and it is what our nation claims. Equal rights.

However, I have nothing to say on the issue of the illegal, because a member in my family was recently attacked (stabbed) by one, and the wounds are too fresh, and if I speak on it, I will be speaking with prejudice, so I will leave that subject alone.

I think we should not spend inordinate amount of resources on trying to determine who is homeless and if it his own fault. Anyway, whose business is it where someone lives?
    We're #37, We're the USA

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2009/9/16/781839/-Late-afternoon-early-evening-open-thread

MarieAntoinette Guest
    I can't think of any good reason to qualify the delivery of healthcare other than need for a physician.

Where one lives or doesn't live, makes no difference, and neither does the fact that a person has broken the law.

Health care is a civil and human right in a democratic society.

Quote Originally Posted by MarieAntoinette View Post
    No it isn't. No more than food is a "civil and human right".

JPSartre12 Guest
    I can't think of any good reason to qualify the delivery of healthcare other than need for a physician.

Where one lives or doesn't live, makes no difference, and neither does the fact that a person has broken the law.

Show me where healthcare can be found in the Constitution as a guaranteed right. Just saying so doesn't cut it. We are (or were, any way) a nation of laws.

Question

Healthcare is not a guaranteed right, but illegals should not be given any healthcare because why should we take healthcare away from a legal citizen and give it to an illegal citizen? They are breaking our laws! Yet we are counting them in the 2010 census and in the number of people who do not have health insurance. Why then, should we even consider giving illegals insurance?
    -Why is it, that whenever a politician wants to lower debt, they add to it?

-B.UD.W.E.I.S.E.R. Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.

Good Point.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Show me where healthcare can be found in the Constitution as a guaranteed right. Just saying so doesn't cut it. We are (or were, any way) a nation of laws.
    Hm... And I allowed to bring the amendments into this?
    If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

For the homeless:

So strange! I am an Atheist, yet I must defer to the 25th Chapter of Matthew in the New Testament, verses 35-36, the reference of Christianity:
    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    Interesting that Jesus does not say, "This do, only after you have determined whether or not I am an illegal, or whether or not the reason why I am homeless is a reason that satisfied you.

I am sorry that someone near to you was attacked. I do not believe that the attack occurred simply because the attacker was illegal.

As a matter of fact, all such attacks are illegal, unlawful, whether perpetrated by an "illegal" or anyone else. I hope that the attacker was brought to justice and punished.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Post A commodity is not a right.

Just by being something man made, this cannot be a right. Any right that all humans deserve comes directly from God. For example, life, liberty, and property. I understand that many people do not have health insurance. It sucks, and everyone knows it. It is not a right, it is a good. Goods can be purchased in a competitive market priced based on the law of supply and demand, well in our capitalist society. This is an expensive good, and not everyone is fortunate enough to have it. That is just the way it goes, there are ways to fix it, there are ways to make it cost less, but not everyone is going to get it no matter how hard we try. Unless, God makes it a right, it is not one.
    -Why is it, that whenever a politician wants to lower debt, they add to it?

-B.UD.W.E.I.S.E.R. Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Hm... And I allowed to bring the amendments into this?
    Please do. I always enjoy a good twisted leftist view of the Constitution.

But I'll warn you, the Preamble has no legal standing.

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    So strange! I am an Atheist, yet I must defer to the 25th Chapter of Matthew in the New Testament, verses 35-36, the reference of Christianity:

Interesting that Jesus does not say, "This do, only after you have determined whether or not I am an illegal, or whether or not the reason why I am homeless is a reason that satisfied you.

I am sorry that someone near to you was attacked. I do not believe that the attack occurred simply because the attacker was illegal.

As a matter of fact, all such attacks are illegal, unlawful, whether perpetrated by an "illegal" or anyone else. I hope that the attacker was brought to justice and punished.
    Did Jesus mention the workshy and lazy?
    No matter how much I look I cannot find Christ's view of the benefits system

I can't think of any good reason to qualify the delivery of healthcare other than need for a physician. Where one lives or doesn't live, makes no difference, and neither does the fact that a person has broken the law. Health care is a civil and human right in a democratic society.
    Homeless, yes, as long as they're legal residents. Illegal aliens, no.

Health care is a civil right, but not a human one. There are no human rights.

Hi Montanae,
    We should allow health care to those homeless people who are legal residents of the country.
    For illegal residents depends upon their condition and situation. If it is worse and need quick medication we should allow health care to them also.
    Angel

Health Care is no more a right than food, water, or shelter. Rights are for the protection of people not for peoples sustainment.

Health Care is not covered in the Bill of Rights, neither is common sense, ethics or morality. Were supposed to be a country based on the Rule of Law and equality. That is if you can afford it. Most every civilized country has a National Health Care program of some kind. You can argue the fact, but why not Google it and see for yourself.
    To many folks want to stand on principal and use religion, the constitution, founding fathers intent, etc., but the reality is, pragmatic thinking and action need to be taken by our Representatives with American citizens well being at heart verses special interest. And the B.S. about "personal responsibility" is exactly that, B.S.
    If you think the founding fathers had all the answers, you need to face reality, as all things evolve with time, i.e., Einstein had to build and consider theory that was not fully understood by his predecessors but with the ground work they laid, he was able to offer enormous strides.
    It has been said that some things corporate America has no business in, i.e., National Militia, police and fire protection and education to mention a few, since corporation are geared for profit, making them unrealistic.
    The truth is, if we keep letting insurance and drug companies run health care, they will own us.PERIOD!