Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Axelrod: "Fox News is Not Really A News Organization"

Axelrod: "Fox News is Not Really A News Organization"

Quote Originally Posted by Axelrod
    “The only argument that Anita was making is that they are not really a news organization, if you watch even its not even their commentators, but a lot of their news program. It’s really not news, it’s pushing a point of view and the bigger thing is that other news organizations like yours, ought not to treat them that way. And we’re not going to treat them that way, we’re going to appear on their shows and participate, but understanding that they represent a point of view.”
    Axelrod: Fox News Is 'Not Really A News Organization' - George's Bottom Line

Someone bring out the whambulance for the Obama administration. (my apologies for the profanity on the image)

Don't worry, I've found a video of David Axelrod saying the same thing about CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS. At least he is fair.

I have to give republicans created on this one...they might complain about CNN and MSNBC but they still go onto the networks and, for the most part, don't go so far to say they aren't news organizations. This isn't to say they don't get close but I think the Obama folks have crossed over the normal mud thrown by the Bush's and Clinton's at the media.

I'm not sure why the Obama folks feel it is a good idea to attack the ones who have half the cable news viewers (aka all the other networks combined).

EDIT: Here is a good article by the New York Times of all people: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/we...dcarr.html?hpw
    Last edited by Steeeeve; 10-19-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Hmm, you didn't catch Rupert Murdoch's sly little joke in naming the parent company for all his media endeavors,
    The News Corporation
    In other words, Rupert's creation does not report news, it makes it up or manufactures news.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Hmm, you didn't catch Rupert Murdoch's sly little joke in naming the parent company for all his media endeavors,
    In other words, Rupert's creation does not report news, it makes it up or manufactures news.
    It appears that Fox UN-news has scooped the major news agencies on lots of news recently. ACORN and Obama nominees come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    It appears that Fox UN-news has scooped the major news agencies on lots of news recently. ACORN and Obama nominees come to mind.
    What i find odd is that too date you don't see the media getting behind this attack by Obama. Even the New York Times is a little hesitant to support these actions by Obama. Traditionally this has been the case...News organizations can insult other News organizations but outsiders can't Maybe because it drives up ratings for the one being attacked?

I guess we will see if this backfires.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeeve View Post
    What i find odd is that too date you don't see the media getting behind this attack by Obama. Even the New York Times is a little hesitant to support these actions by Obama. Traditionally this has been the case...News organizations can insult other News organizations but outsiders can't Maybe because it drives up ratings for the one being attacked?

I guess we will see if this backfires.
    Maybe the other news agencies, knowing Obama's propensity to freeze out dissenters, don't want to be the last man standing? Nah, that's be too altruistic for a liberal media.

Here's a Fox News headline today;

Top White House Official Says Obama Team 'Controlled' Media Coverage During Campaign - Political News - FOXNews.com

News reporting will always be controversial. It no longer bears much resemblence to what news reporting was when the U.S. was founded.
    Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

JPSartre12 Guest
    Fox News is a threat to the Obama Administration precisely because they aren't pawns to the Whitehouse.

Who else has pegged the recent administration for what it is, a controlling administration that uses the propaganda expertise of Goebbels.
    Here's the Whitehouse Communication Director Anita Dunn openly talking about their control of the media during the 2008 Obama Campaign.
    YouTube - We Control the News Media - Anita Dunn Barack Obama's Communications Whitehouse Director

And here's that same Whitehouse Communication Director praising Chairman Mao as one of her two favorite political philosophers.

YouTube - Glenn Beck : Anita Dunn Favorite philosopher Mao Tse-Tung 10.15.09

Who else but Glenn Beck has the gonads to bring this to the forefront?

Quote Originally Posted by marc9000 View Post
    Here's a Fox News headline today;

Top White House Official Says Obama Team 'Controlled' Media Coverage During Campaign - Political News - FOXNews.com

News reporting will always be controversial. It no longer bears much resemblence to what news reporting was when the U.S. was founded.
    That's a pretty smart strategy she spoke of. I'm pretty impressed. Why is she screwing it up now by complaining about Fox News?

Archangel Guest
    Here's why the Obamanites don't like FOX, it's because they have the nerve to actually fact check the drivel this administrations talking heads spew and call them out on their lies and recreations of reality. Something no other networks have done thus far, nor will they it seems. Here's what I mean, with video...

GOPUSA - The Loft

The idea that Fox "news" channel is the most popular, and the way most people get their news should scare anyone with half a brain in the US.

The idea that anyone gets the majority of their "news" from a "news" channel should scare the absolute XXXX out of everyone.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    The idea that Fox "news" channel is the most popular, and the way most people get their news should scare anyone with half a brain in the US.

The idea that anyone gets the majority of their "news" from a "news" channel should scare the absolute XXXX out of everyone.
    Why do you find it scary that people are drawn to a network which is independent enough to actually interpret what a politician says in an objective and honest way? That is what NEWS ORGANIZATIONS in america used to all stand for. The goal used to be to quote the words or actions of the people in the news and then comment on them as objectively as possible. I remember when the big three networks used to be watchdogs for democrats as well as republicans.

But no more is that true and we see glaring examples of their subjectivity every single day as they ignore criticizing Obama while attacking anyone who dares criticize him and his administration. That isn't reporting news, it is becoming an arm of a political party. So thank God for FOX NEWS, because it is the only source which is giving an objective and opposing view on what this administration is telling us. YouTube - Shocking new Barack Obama video!!

I'm all for a news agency actually critically analyzing what a politician says, but why is it only Democratic politicians? And "objective and honest"? Really Archie, you're going to try and claim that about any news channel in the US, especially Fox?

Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for your little tantrum against CNN and MSNBC etc, how critical was Fox News of Bush when he was president? Find me anything approaching the vitriol they hold for the office of the president now. These are the same guys who screamed at people that if they didn't support the president 100%, they were traitors, and no better than Al Qaeda terrorists. Yeah, the same guys who are now calling for revolution against the president

I think this about sums it up, since comic strips seem to be at about your level:

http://nealo.com/2009/09/18/iokiyar-sept-18-2009/
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Prime examples of Faux.News manufactured facts.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

“War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Prime examples of Faux.News manufactured facts.
    Do you have any thing other than insults? I didn't think so.
    The left lost the ability, use logic or know what truth is with the embrace of moral relativism. Thus you get moral equivalence between acts like detaining terrorists and cutting off heads of innocents.
    If lawmakers and anti-gun groups were serious about reducing or ending gun crimes, they would turn their wrath toward the criminals. As it is, their efforts are not the solution to gun crimes they are part of the problem.
    Even if you gave liberals the answers on an ethics exam, they’d fail.

I think TQ and Archie and others have missed the point of this thread.

I'm not arguing about Fox News being unbiased or not but that it is silly for Obama and his White House to pubically go after them and say they aren't a news organization. If Fox isn't a news organization then neither is CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, or CBS. It's a stupid tactic and I doubt it will work for Obama.

The other news organizations are actually coming to the defense of Fox News...who knew? I'm guessing because of the increased ratings it causes but I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the media wants to do what they do the way that works for them. For Fox it is to provide a conservative viewpoint...for MSNBC it is to provide a liberal viewpoint.

But if you want to discuss cable news then lets fact it, cable news is in the entertainment business. MSNBC and CNN just do a poor job of it because they don't know who the audience is.

And as for that silly cartoon TQ posted. Let's not have short term memory and forget the outrage against Bush. The man had protests against him all the time and an extremely low approval rating.