Poll: Which is worse?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Which is worse - Rape or Murder?

  1. #16
    Mosheh Thezion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Quite a few years ago a local girl agreed to a gang bang with four of my friends( I was NOT involved but I knew the boys and the girl. She was not coerced into doing this, in fact she was very willing...they all were drunk)
    After the first one had finished the second one started but she wanted to stop...he however didnt and had to pulled off by the other boys.
    She cried rape and threatened to go to the police.
    This was technically rape and the boy would be liable to procecution today.
    I think there should have been a penalty for that particular offence...about 50 pence.
    There are different levels of rape and although all are detestable some are more detestable than others and the penalty should reflect that.
    To say that they all should be hung..by the balls or any other appendage is just a bit...stupid.

    I can guarantee to all the macho men on here that if a couple of guys( or if you think you are hard..lets make it three) could make you just as traumatised and humiliated with a beating as a rapist could to a woman ( or man) so lets get a little reality.
    Searching your imagination for ways to inflict pain and death on a rapist is fun maybe but unrealistic.
    the circumstances should fit the punishment... absolutely..

    That is common law justice.. which statute laws do not provide.

    statute courts, only care about whether a rule was broken.. which is the flaw.

    -Mosheh Thezion

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    What you described wouldn't be considered rape, IMO. It may qualify as third degree sexual assault or something along those lines, however. I don't view all "rapes" as equivalent. IMO, a husband that rapes his wife, for example, shouldn't receive the same treatment as a knife-wielding stranger in a dark alley.
    No, it should be worse - rape in marriage is an abuse of trust as well as a sexual assault.

    As for your friends, gansao, if a girl says no you stop, if you don't it's rape, simple as that.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    No, it should be worse - rape in marriage is an abuse of trust as well as a sexual assault.

    As for your friends, gansao, if a girl says no you stop, if you don't it's rape, simple as that.

    and the 50p fine should stand too

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethmi View Post
    Yes, Lucretia was very happy to be alive.
    Lucretia was from a time that de-valued women. They were the property of the men in their life. The were fed that idea the entirety of their lives. She killed herself believing she wasn't good enough for her husband after the rape. The whole thing was self-punishment. It feeds the idea that rape is somehow the woman's fault.

    On a side note; its interesting Rembrandt was so fascinated with the story. One if the Lucretia paintings hangs here at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. It is a wonderful painting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    What kind of punishment do you think a rapist deserves?
    Prison time - the amount being dependent on the circumstances of the crime (thats what trials are for), counseling, sex registry. Really, stopping rape needs to concentrate on being proactive, being reactive is kind of pointless. When it happened to me I wasn't looking for revenge, I just wished it had not happened. Being proactive means teaching men to respect women and teaching women to be safe.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

    "Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Oz
    Posts
    3,253
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackAttack1887 View Post
    Being a multiple rape survivor (it happened from ages 6-13), I go with rape.
    I hope you attained a conviction or at at least used the story to convince your drunk friends that men are pigs. And yes I agree it would be better if you were dead.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

    ~ Gandhi

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Anyone who truly wishes to kill themselves will find a way to do it..if they don't it's a cry for help.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,927
    Quote Originally Posted by jitobear View Post
    Lucretia was from a time that de-valued women. They were the property of the men in their life. The were fed that idea the entirety of their lives. She killed herself believing she wasn't good enough for her husband after the rape. The whole thing was self-punishment. It feeds the idea that rape is somehow the woman's fault.
    Would she have felt that had she not been raped? Is this not the result of emotional damage caused by the rape?
    My imaginary friend left me. He said his other friends didn't believe in me.

    Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon,Linn County
    Posts
    1,991
    Ethmi I think you are right,raped the emotional thing go's on murdered well the dead no nothing.

    However I think the punishment for either should be mandatory execution as soon as possible.The rape part make sure thats what it is first is all.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
    Ethmi I think you are right,raped the emotional thing go's on murdered well the dead no nothing.

    However I think the punishment for either should be mandatory execution as soon as possible.The rape part make sure thats what it is first is all.
    Although I have no pity for murderers and rapists I do have pity for people wrongly found guilty for these crimes.
    A man in England just did 27 years in prison for a rape and murder that he didnt do. the man that did it killed himself in 1988 and its only now his dna was matched with the murderers tissue found on the dead girl.
    Thats why I dont really like the death penalty and the hang 'em shoot 'em brigade.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by jitobear View Post


    Prison time - the amount being dependent on the circumstances of the crime (thats what trials are for), counseling, sex registry. Really, stopping rape needs to concentrate on being proactive, being reactive is kind of pointless. When it happened to me I wasn't looking for revenge, I just wished it had not happened. Being proactive means teaching men to respect women and teaching women to be safe.
    well, putting them in prison for a long, long time prevents them from doing it again. Besides in prison they will have a taste of their own medicine.

    I don't know about the preventive side. At least in Australia apart from serial rapists, rape is mostly gang rape when drunk. A girl agrees to have sex with one guy and his drunk friends join in.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    I hope you attained a conviction or at at least used the story to convince your drunk friends that men are pigs. And yes I agree it would be better if you were dead.
    so you are going to kill her or tell her to commit suicide, although that is not what she wants.

  12. #27
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    No, it should be worse - rape in marriage is an abuse of trust as well as a sexual assault.
    .
    Up until relatively recently, a husband couldn't be charged with rape of his wife in the US. He had the "right" to get his nookie. Not a very PC position nowadays, however.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, UK
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by JPSartre12 View Post
    Up until relatively recently, a husband couldn't be charged with rape of his wife in the US. He had the "right" to get his nookie. Not a very PC position nowadays, however.
    Same thing was true in the UK, doesn't make it right.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,485
    If you asking me whether I would rather die then be raped, then yes, I would rather die. I would die fighting. If he stuck a gun in my face I would hope that my 3 years of martial arts training were enough to disarm him. Same goes with a knife.

    But, if you're asking me which crime is worse, it all depends. If a girl kills her sexually and physically abusive boyfriend after she decides she cannot take anymore vicious beatings, then in my eyes she should be let free. That scumbag deserved to die.

    But if a guy breaks into a house and kills a family of four at 4 oclock in the morning in cold blood, then he should be sentanced to the maximum punishment of our legal system.


    If a guy kidnaps a girl and rapes her repeatedly, then he should go to jail for a very very long time. If an 18 year old has sex with his 15 year old girlfriend, then he should be set free with a clean record. No matter what the laws say, you can never rape the willing. So I guess it all depends.
    "They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years, and [heck], we're not using it anymore."
    -Jay Leno

  15. #30
    JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo Bennett View Post
    Same thing was true in the UK, doesn't make it right.
    I don't think it's ever "right" to force another to have sex, in or out of marriage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooterandproud View Post
    If you asking me whether I would rather die then be raped, then yes, I would rather die. I would die fighting. If he stuck a gun in my face I would hope that my 3 years of martial arts training were enough to disarm him. Same goes with a knife.

    But, if you're asking me which crime is worse, it all depends. If a girl kills her sexually and physically abusive boyfriend after she decides she cannot take anymore vicious beatings, then in my eyes she should be let free. That scumbag deserved to die.

    But if a guy breaks into a house and kills a family of four at 4 oclock in the morning in cold blood, then he should be sentanced to the maximum punishment of our legal system.


    If a guy kidnaps a girl and rapes her repeatedly, then he should go to jail for a very very long time. If an 18 year old has sex with his 15 year old girlfriend, then he should be set free with a clean record. No matter what the laws say, you can never rape the willing. So I guess it all depends.
    At what age do you believe informed consent begins? Can an 8 year old that wants to have sex with an adult give informed consent? Your blanket statement in bold above is scary without qualifiers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •