Poll: Which is worse?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is worse - Rape or Murder?

Which is worse - Rape or Murder?

Bear in mind that when it comes to morals, better and worse are points of veiw. Don't be afraid to speak your mind, there is no way to answer this question correctly or incorrectly; it's opinion in its purest form.

I'd say rape is worse; after you're murdered, you don't have to suffer through emotional trauma because of it. It seems to me that, while neither are legitimate, murder is done to solve a problem while rape is done to cause pain, physically, mentally, and emotionally, and it does not solve any problems.

Suppose a guy's wife cheats on him. He takes a 38 special and puts a bullet in his wife's head, then he puts a bullet in her boyfriend's head. Let's analyze that.

There were countless better ways to solve that problem. I think he was wrong in doing that, and I wouldn't have done it if I were him; but I could understand why he did it.

Now suppose instead, he waits outside for the boyfriend to leave, then goes in and rapes his wife. That I could not understand; that didn't solve any problems, and he hurt his wife a thousand times worse than one bullet to the head ever could.
    My imaginary friend left me. He said his other friends didn't believe in me.

Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

Ask a woman.

It's almost to the point of being a sexist-macho-protective thing that men have come to believe rape is the worst of all crimes.
    He or she who supports a State organized in a military way – whether directly or indirectly – participates in sin. Each man takes part in the sin by contributing to the maintenance of the State by paying taxes.

~ Gandhi

Rapists are men who are convinced that when a woman says NO! she really means YES!

Aha...

No female rapists, of course...

JPSartre12 Guest
    Murder. The victim is dead afterwards, not just tramautized. I'd rather take one in the can than a bullet to the head any time.

I am reminded of Lucretia, a noblewoman who killed herself after being raped.

Spending our way out of the recession is like drinking our way out of alcoholism.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

This former rape victim is happy to be alive thank you. Murder is worse.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

Mosheh Thezion Guest
    The problem....

is that the modern statute system, created in 1938... is flawed.

It gives light sentences to murderers and rapists...

which before 1933... when we had the Constitutional Common Law legal system.... muderers... and rapists... were hung... PERIOD.

THERE WAS NO REVOLVING DOOR... no TV in jail... no mattress.

it was hard labor... or an exicution.

Period.

Which is how it should be again, as a way to actually deter rapists, and murderers.

Tv, a mattress, and 15 years... does not deter anything.

That should be the discussion... see..> Mosheh Thezion's Campaign Committee for U.S. Senate (R) | FREEDOM VERSES CIVIL LIBERTIES

-Mosheh Thezion

Quote Originally Posted by jitobear View Post
    Yes, Lucretia was very happy to be alive.

~ Thomas Jefferson

I've hear rape victims described it as being killed and then asked to stand up again. Short answer: I don't know.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist” - Helder Camara
    “It is not the will of God for some to have everything and others to have nothing. This cannot be God” - Oscar Romero
    "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder" - Einstein
    "We do know that no man can be saved except through Christ; we do not know that only those who know Him can be saved through Him" - CS Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jitobear View Post
    What kind of punishment do you think a rapist deserves?

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    What kind of punishment do you think a rapist deserves?
    Being hung from their balls until dead.

Quite a few years ago a local girl agreed to a gang bang with four of my friends( I was NOT involved but I knew the boys and the girl. She was not coerced into doing this, in fact she was very willing...they all were drunk)
    After the first one had finished the second one started but she wanted to stop...he however didnt and had to pulled off by the other boys.
    She cried rape and threatened to go to the police.
    This was technically rape and the boy would be liable to procecution today.
    I think there should have been a penalty for that particular offence...about 50 pence.
    There are different levels of rape and although all are detestable some are more detestable than others and the penalty should reflect that.
    To say that they all should be hung..by the balls or any other appendage is just a bit...stupid.

I can guarantee to all the macho men on here that if a couple of guys( or if you think you are hard..lets make it three) could make you just as traumatised and humiliated with a beating as a rapist could to a woman ( or man) so lets get a little reality.
    Searching your imagination for ways to inflict pain and death on a rapist is fun maybe but unrealistic.

JPSartre12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Quite a few years ago a local girl agreed to a gang bang with four of my friends( I was NOT involved but I knew the boys and the girl. She was not coerced into doing this, in fact she was very willing...they all were drunk)
    After the first one had finished the second one started but she wanted to stop...he however didnt and had to pulled off by the other boys.
    She cried rape and threatened to go to the police.
    This was technically rape and the boy would be liable to procecution today.
    I think there should have been a penalty for that particular offence...about 50 pence.
    There are different levels of rape and although all are detestable some are more detestable than others and the penalty should reflect that.
    To say that they all should be hung..by the balls or any other appendage is just a bit...stupid.

I can guarantee to all the macho men on here that if a couple of guys( or if you think you are hard..lets make it three) could make you just as traumatised and humiliated with a beating as a rapist could to a woman ( or man) so lets get a little reality.
    Searching your imagination for ways to inflict pain and death on a rapist is fun maybe but unrealistic.
    What you described wouldn't be considered rape, IMO. It may qualify as third degree sexual assault or something along those lines, however. I don't view all "rapes" as equivalent. IMO, a husband that rapes his wife, for example, shouldn't receive the same treatment as a knife-wielding stranger in a dark alley.

Being a multiple rape survivor (it happened from ages 6-13), I go with rape.