Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Biblical Faiths the ONLY religions on the planet?

Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    So, people who worship Allah are theists? Even though you've said they're actually following Satan, or demons, or some other nonsense?
    Absolutely! Haven't you heard me say that satan is the god of this world on many occasions? And haven't I attributed true supernatural powers to him, be they powers of darkness rather than light? Must you redefine what an atheist is in order to support a troll like the obnoxious child's fallacious attack on me? Can't you see that it makes you no better than him? I have never had any debate where I have said that anyone who believes in a god other than Yahweh, are atheists, PERIOD!!! Beside that, believing in false gods isn't evidence of atheism, it is evidence of idolatry since they are worshiping a false god. So get your facts straight and tell your obnoxious buddy to do the same because worshiping a false god isn't evidence of atheism at all.

I must be slow today. Somehow I managed to let you steer me from this:
    "a completely fallacious premise since not one quoted post can EVER be produced of any member, christian or otherwise EVER SAYING that unless someone accepts or believes in the christian God, or the christian version of events, then they are atheists. ", which is demonstrated quite handily by your posts to those I listed above (among others), to this:
    "post even one statement by me where I said that anyone who follows another religion other than christianity is an atheist."
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

"Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

I would even challenge this lying troll to quote a thread or post in which the subject of people who accept another religions beliefs apart from Christianity equaling atheism was ever being discussed on this forum, much less the statement being directly made or even implied by any member that unless one accept the christian version of events, then they are atheists.
    Post the first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel in 'post the first'
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigid, just before 'Post the first'
    In any case, I could care less if your God thinks I'm abhorrent or the best thing since sliced bread. I don't believe in him, so I really don't care what he has to say.
    Note the bolded, it is the same statement of rejection and denial that all unbelievers make.
    So now you and your atheist cohorts can come back at me...
    Note for added irony that Brigid is, I believe, a Wiccan. Who Archangel calls 'atheist' because she doesn't believe in God.

Post the second
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel in 'post the second'
    Quote Originally Posted by antonia
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    You support, condone and defend the murder of 1.4 million babies per year in America alone through abortions.
    What rubbish
    Only in the mind of an ignorant atheist who has no concept of the consequences of unforgiven sins is the truth I spoke considered rubbish.
    A second example of how 'only an ignorant atheist' would disagree with Christian-based views ('the concept of unforgiven sins').

I realise that Archangel knows, deep down, that someone can challenge Christianity and not be an atheist. However, that doesn't stop him from accidentally flinging the term around from time to time. A (final) example of just this, complete with apology when he realised his error.

In summary: Archie does it occasionally, but mainly only by accident. I don't think it was worth a topic - but Archies response to it now that it has been made is not an entirely truthful one.
    Call it a draw, and move on?
    The truth may be out there, but lies are in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by iangb View Post
    In summary: Archie does it occasionally, but mainly only by accident. I don't think it was worth a topic - but Archies response to it now that it has been made is not an entirely truthful one.
    But look at what else he wrote:

"It's just that everything you write seems to fall into the category of one who completely rejects the concept of a living and personal God." Which obviously is his interpretation of things. Amusingly, if you accept the deistic view of God, you're an atheist to Archie because you don't accept a "living and personal God."
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I have never had any debate where I have said that anyone who believes in a god other than Yahweh, are atheists, PERIOD!!!
    Except that you regularly call people who aren't atheists to be atheists because they disagree with you.

Do you reject that you have regularly called both TQ and I atheists despite neither of us being atheists? Do you reject constantly lumping me and TQ with others in your insults of Godless and Heathens? How about calling me and TQ "spiritually dead?" Why did you call Shadowpikachu and Mathew "not Christians?"

So get your facts straight and tell your obnoxious buddy to do the same because worshiping a false god isn't evidence of atheism at all.[/B]
    So how about you stop calling non-atheists atheists merely because they disagree with you?

Btw, the Shintos think you're ****ed in the afterlife. Prove them wrong.
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus

Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Has anyone in this forum debated against YEC on another religious platform?
    Yes. Several times. The cowardly YECs didn't even try to post. I argued that Norse creation was correct. Didn't get a peep. Remember that YEC is dependent upon a false dichotomy. Its sole argument is that evolution is wrong therefore it is correct (if sky is not orange, it is pink). But in place of evolution, another religion who's basis is more or the less the same as YEC, YEC has no argument. Remember that YEC under no circumstances can ever prove itself correct. Archie today just argued the flood was correct despite failing to deal with the massive problem of water, heat and the required sediment to place animals under miles of rock in a mere year across the globe. The belief doesn't make sense on its own, and when it does not have its false dichotomy, it flees.

Archangel Guest
    Post the first.

Note for added irony that Brigid is, I believe, a Wiccan. Who Archangel calls 'atheist' because she doesn't believe in God.

Post the secondA second example of how 'only an ignorant atheist' would disagree with Christian-based views ('the concept of unforgiven sins').

I realise that Archangel knows, deep down, that someone can challenge Christianity and not be an atheist. However, that doesn't stop him from accidentally flinging the term around from time to time. A (final) example of just this, complete with apology when he realised his error.

You still don't get it do you, Iangb!!! Is your ignorance willful or are you just in denial of reality? First of all, in reference to Brigid and Antonia, both of them are self proclaimed atheists so nothing in my statements to them was in error. As for TQ, I did apologize even though every argument he defends here supports the atheist mind set. It is impossible to debate him and remember that he isn't what he appears to be in every opinion he proffers here.

But most importantly, and to the precise issue of the claims in the OP; point out where in one of your examples I stated than anyone you mention clings to another religious belief system other than christianity, therefore I am stating that they are atheists? That is the positive assertion which the obnoxious child is making, and it is patently false at any level of rationale. So I must ask, why are you also purposely ignoring the fallacious premise this thread is based upon as you attempt to dishonestly indict me by also referring to completely off topic examples in order to claim that the obnoxious child has any point at all when in none of the discussions in question did I call anyone who is committed to a religion other than christianity, an atheist? In other words Iangb, do you have an on topic point to make or am I to just get more irrational drivel from you too?

In other words Iangb, do you have an on topic point to make or am I to just get more irrational drivel from you too?
    Well, that's the last time I give you the benefit of doubt for a while...

Archangel, your challenge from your first post was to produce evidence of a "statement being directly made or even implied by any member that unless one accept the christian version of events, then they are atheists".

In your first quoted post, you used the terms 'unbelievers' (of Christianity) and 'atheist' interchangeably. This implies that any 'unbeliever' is an atheist.

In your second quoted post, you claimed that (paraphrased) "Only an atheist would disagree with my claim, because they alone have no concept of the consequences of sinning". This post labelled anyone who didn't agree with your POV to be an atheist, and seeing as your POV was based on your Christian beliefs then this implies than anyone who disagrees with your Christian beliefs is an atheist.

In your third quoted post, you explained your rationale for labelling TQ an atheist was that everything he wrote fell into the category of "one who completely rejects the concept of a living and personal God". This implies that anyone who rejects the concept of a living and personal God is an atheist. You have even backed this up in your very most recent post, saying that "TQ demonstrates the mind set of an atheist" - where as in fact, all he has done is reject your interpretations of Christianity.

You are moving the goalposts by insisting on someone quoting you making a direct statement, as this was not specified as necessary in your challenge. It is impossible for me to be using 'off-topic posts', as your challenge invited me to look through every post you have ever made. Heck, you actually invited me to look through every post on the forum. Furthermore, regardless of your intentions when you posted, or your background beliefs that they were not correct, the implications are there. The challenge has been met.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    It is impossible to debate him and remember that he isn't what he appears to be in every opinion he proffers here.
    You've found me out Archie-I'm an alien. Klatuu Barada Nikto!

What the hell is your statement supposed to mean anyways?
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde

Archangel Guest
    Stop playing a game of semantics Iangb, as you hem and haw to find a way to show that I have said that anyone who believes in a different religion other than christianity must be an atheist. Simply start by showing that we have even had such a discussion here. And then show where I have said that anybody of another RELIGIOUS BELIEF SYSTEM IS AN ATHEIST!!! I don't care what you attempt to read into what I have said. You know I'm not one to mince words so show/quote me ever saying that someone of a different religious belief from christianity is an atheist. To all of you I say, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

ALSO, to any crowd with half a brain, this quoted response to tq below would have put this thread to bed for good as any honest people would have run away after calling child the disingenuous and corrupt liar that he is. But not with this crowd of realities deniers. Note the bolded and underlined if actual reason and facts mean anything at all to you.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Q
    So, people who worship Allah are theists? Even though you've said they're actually following Satan, or demons, or some other nonsense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel
    Absolutely! Haven't you heard me say that satan is the god of this world on many occasions? And haven't I attributed true supernatural powers to him, be they powers of darkness rather than light? Must you redefine what an atheist is in order to support a troll like the obnoxious child's fallacious attack on me? Can't you see that it makes you no better than him? I have never had any debate where I have said that anyone who believes in a god other than Yahweh, are atheists, PERIOD!!! Beside that, believing in false gods isn't evidence of atheism, it is evidence of idolatry since they are worshiping a false god. So get your facts straight and tell your obnoxious buddy to do the same because worshiping a false god isn't evidence of atheism at all.

Simply start by showing that we have even had such a discussion here. And then show where I have said that anybody of another RELIGIOUS BELIEF SYSTEM IS AN ATHEIST!!! I don't care what you attempt to read into what I have said. You know I'm not one to mince words so show/quote me ever saying that someone of a different religious belief from christianity is an atheist. To all of you I say, PUT UP OR SHUT UP.
    ...this is what I've just done. You have said that anyone who rejects your version of Christianity (eg: the concept that there is a personal and living god, or the concept that there are dire consequences to sinning) is an atheist. You haven't specifically said "That Muslim is an atheist", but that's not what you originally challenged anyone to find - you're only now demanding that because your earlier challenge has been met.

It's right there, in my post, waiting for a response. I won't quote myself; you know were to find it.

Archangel Guest
    ...this is what I've just done. You have said that anyone who rejects your version of Christianity (eg: the concept that there is a personal and living god, or the concept that there are dire consequences to sinning) is an atheist. You haven't specifically said "That Muslim is an atheist", but that's not what you originally challenged anyone to find - you're only now demanding that because your earlier challenge has been met.

It's right there, in my post, waiting for a response. I won't quote myself; you know were to find it.
    See the bolded? You're blatantly lying again. The proper label for the concepts you're describing are unbelievers in the christian God. It stands to reason that we weren't even discussing unbelievers in Christ or the christian God as atheists. And it also stands to reason that if a person claims any religion, but rejects the christian God that he isn't an atheist. You are dishonestly attempting to attribute a fallacious label to me when I have never claimed that being of any religious belief apart from christianity makes someone an atheist.

I marvel at your level of dishonesty as you actually support an invalid definition for atheism by attempting to attribute it to people with religious beliefs. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

See the bolded? You're blatantly lying again. The proper label for the concepts you're describing are unbelievers in the christian God. It stands to reason that we weren't even discussing unbelievers in Christ or the christian God as atheists. And it also stands to reason that if a person claims any religion, but rejects the christian God that he isn't an atheist. You are dishonestly attempting to attribute a fallacious label to me when I have never claimed that being of any religious belief apart from christianity makes someone an atheist.
    [flame snipped]
    You're quite right, the proper label is 'unbelievers in the Christian God'. However, you didn't use that term - the term you used was 'atheist'. To quote:
    "Only in the mind of an ignorant atheist... is the truth I spoke rubbish"
    and
    "every argument he defends supports the atheist mind set".
    and
    "so you and your atheist cohort"

It stands to reason that all non-Christians aren't atheists, but your quotes I've collected here don't. What you wrote wasn't logical or correct, but that doesn't change the fact that you wrote it.

Originally Posted by Archangel
    Youíre letting these guys get to you too much, Archangel. Let me address the opening post with a clean slate, and see what you think;

Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child
    Several people here seem to think that disagreeing with interpretations over YEC and the Biblical God equate to the disagreer being an atheist.

That just because you disagree with one interpretation that you could not possibly believe that ANY other religion exists out there.

That Buddhism, Deism, Manicheism, Shinto, Yezdisim, Hindu, Animism are all just atheism.

So therefore, do you agree that the Biblical faiths are the ONLY religion on the planet and if you don't agree or believe with them, you're an atheist?
    What we have to do first is define how debates in these matters often go. We donít see debates here where Buddhism is promoted or attacked, and find Atheists, Christians, Hindus, etc joining together to attack it. We donít see debates where Islam is promoted or attacked, and find Atheists, Christians, and Buddhists joining together to attack it. We donít find Atheism promoted or attacked, and find Christians, Shintos, and Moslems joining together to attack it. What we ALWAYS seem to find, is Christianity being attacked, with Atheists, Deists, Agnostics, Humanists, Wiccans JOINING TOGETHER to attack it.

Christians believe that their religion is the only true one, that all other religions are false. That atheism is a comparable worldview to a religion (arguably an actual religion) and is just as false as a false religion, it makes sense that a false religion would have comparable beliefs to atheism. (A worship of science for example - a belief that the realms of time and re-arrangement are the only possible explanations for all that exists.) So to repeat the childís last question;

So therefore, do you agree that the Biblical faiths are the ONLY religion on the planet and if you don't agree or believe with them, you're an atheist?
    Not on the planet, but in the U.S., yes. Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, and many other world religions had practically nothing to do with the founding, or existence today, of the U.S. They have Constitutional liberty, but almost no U.S. political influence. It appears that on message boards such as these, there seem to be a significant number of atheist posters who masquerade as members of some insignificant (in the U.S) religion, and then join with actual atheists to attack Christianity, as if their opinion my be somehow more valid just because they arenít atheist. Their one common denominator is a worship of science. Many religions have a god(s) that are weak and insignificant, and therefore have no differences of opinion on godless scientific philosophy, as put fourth by best selling authors like Dawkins, Stenger, or Harris. Archangel, Have you ever seen our non-atheist friends like child or Q take any exception to anything those authors say, or for that matter, anything an admitted atheist poster here says?

So the bottom line is, I donít have a problem when members of false religions, and atheists, gang together to oppose Christianity. It shows a unification in them, and separates them equally from the truth of Christianity. Conflicts are almost always two opposing forces.
    Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?

There are so many falsehoods, gaps of logic, errors, and outright deceptions in these few paragraphs that it boggles the mind...
    Isaac Asimov

Oscar Wilde