Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Are the Biblical Faiths the ONLY religions on the planet?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,525

    Are the Biblical Faiths the ONLY religions on the planet?

    Several people here seem to think that disagreeing with interpretations over YEC and the Biblical God equate to the disagreer being an atheist.

    That just because you disagree with one interpretation that you could not possibly believe that ANY other religion exists out there.

    That Buddhism, Deism, Manicheism, Shinto, Yezdisim, Hindu, Animism are all just atheism.

    So therefore, do you agree that the Biblical faiths are the ONLY religion on the planet and if you don't agree or believe with them, you're an atheist?
    "You are, of course, free to make your own calls on how much rationality you want to impose upon yourself." - Kronus

  2. #2
    Mosheh Thezion Guest

    ummm

    many religions exist... which have no concept or consideration of a God.. or creator.. and yet they are considered religons.


    in fact, scientology got its tax exemption because of the precident of Buddism, in which there is no discussion of god, and they only consider how to live in this world... now.. rather than in the after life.


    But.. religion in itself, naturally attempts to explain for the unexplainable such as creation... and any true religion should touch on that.. and you will find that most religions.. do... if only lightly.

    Atheism... rejects creation... and rejects God.. and assumes there is only a random chaotic order, based on natural laws... and mathmatical patterns.. and nothing more... which is something.. those other religions never do.


    however... if a religion... as it is... rejects a creation, or purpose or meaning for existance, and assumes its all random meaningless purposeless existance for no use whatsoever.. then.. they border on being Atheism.. yes.


    Is that what you believe?

    -Mosheh Thezion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosheh Thezion View Post
    many religions exist... which have no concept or consideration of a God.. or creator.. and yet they are considered religons.


    in fact, scientology got its tax exemption because of the precident of Buddism, in which there is no discussion of god, and they only consider how to live in this world... now.. rather than in the after life.


    But.. religion in itself, naturally attempts to explain for the unexplainable such as creation... and any true religion should touch on that.. and you will find that most religions.. do... if only lightly.

    Atheism... rejects creation... and rejects God.. and assumes there is only a random chaotic order, based on natural laws... and mathmatical patterns.. and nothing more... which is something.. those other religions never do.


    however... if a religion... as it is... rejects a creation, or purpose or meaning for existance, and assumes its all random meaningless purposeless existance for no use whatsoever.. then.. they border on being Atheism.. yes.


    Is that what you believe?

    -Mosheh Thezion
    Atheists believe in one less God than you do. The rest of the above is your conjecture, and no more.
    " ... It's not as though he proved anything, he only refuted my evidence. ..." Archangel 04.01.09

    "Obama is not a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus."

    “Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Has anyone in this forum debated against YEC on another religious platform?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    Has anyone in this forum debated against YEC on another religious platform?
    Somebody tried it from platform Nine and three-quarters.
    " ... It's not as though he proved anything, he only refuted my evidence. ..." Archangel 04.01.09

    "Obama is not a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus."

    “Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.”

  6. #6
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by obvious_child View Post
    Several people here seem to think that disagreeing with interpretations over YEC and the Biblical God equate to the disagreer being an atheist.

    That just because you disagree with one interpretation that you could not possibly believe that ANY other religion exists out there.

    That Buddhism, Deism, Manicheism, Shinto, Yezdisim, Hindu, Animism are all just atheism.

    So therefore, do you agree that the Biblical faiths are the ONLY religion on the planet and if you don't agree or believe with them, you're an atheist?
    How typical from this corrupt member. Another thread based on a completely fallacious premise since not one quoted post can EVER be produced of any member, christian or otherwise EVER SAYING that unless someone accepts or believes in the christian God, or the christian version of events, then they are atheists.

    Once again this troll is dishonestly forming an argument not based on what somebody has actually said, but based on making assumptions based on something never said or even implied. Call me when he gets a clue, but I wont hold my breath waiting for that to ever happen.

    I would even challenge this lying troll to quote a thread or post in which the subject of people who accept another religions beliefs apart from Christianity equaling atheism was ever being discussed on this forum, much less the statement being directly made or even implied by any member that unless one accept the christian version of events, then they are atheists. AND SINCE ONE OF THE RULES FOR POSTING NEW THREADS IS TO SUPPORT IT WITH SOME QUOTED EVIDENCE, MAYBE THIS OBNOXIOUS CHILD SHOULD START THERE AND QUOTE SUCH EVIDENCE THAT ANYONE HAS EVER MADE THE IMPLIED CLAIM.
    Last edited by Archangel; 08-25-2009 at 12:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,943
    You've consistently stated that anyone who tells you they are a christian who does not believe in YEC as you do is not a Christian, but is a spiritually dead secular humanist, etc, etc. Oddly enough, this is the same thing you say to all the atheists on the board too.

    So when you said that, did you actually mean that you respected their deeply held spiritual beliefs and their Christian character? Or where you lumping them in with all the other "unbelievers"?

    Do you honestly think anyone buys your "outrage" Archie? The idea that you could blatantly lie like this, while having the audacity to accuse someone else of lying and disparaging their character as you have makes me embarassed for you.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

    "Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

  8. #8
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    You've consistently stated that anyone who tells you they are a christian who does not believe in YEC as you do is not a Christian, but is a spiritually dead secular humanist, etc, etc. Oddly enough, this is the same thing you say to all the atheists on the board too.

    So when you said that, did you actually mean that you respected their deeply held spiritual beliefs and their Christian character? Or where you lumping them in with all the other "unbelievers"?

    Do you honestly think anyone buys your "outrage" Archie? The idea that you could blatantly lie like this, while having the audacity to accuse someone else of lying and disparaging their character as you have makes me embarassed for you.
    First of all, I'm not outraged in the least. I find his dishonesty humorous since he is attempting to start a thread based on arguments that have NEVER EVER been made or implied in any way by me or any other christian(s) here. Would you care to post any thread or post I or anyone else have proffered which "directly" argued what the OP implies and asserts? NO? You can't? Then just as the OP is dishonest and fallacious, so is your attempted defense of it.

    Remember, he is saying that I have positively argued that if you reject the christian perspective in favor of what any other religion believes that you must be an atheist. He is asserting that I have made this as a positive argument. I'm saying, PROVE I or anyone else HAVE MADE THAT ARGUMENT!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,943
    What's "dishonest and fallacious" is your question:
    "Would you care to post any thread or post I or anyone else have proffered which "directly" argued what the OP implies and asserts?"
    Nope, but it's clear that's exactly what you mean. Or do you deny the behaviour I ascribed to you above?

    For some reason you think you're clever because you claim that since you never said "a-b-c", that anyone who says you implied, intimated, or in any way subcribe to "a-b-c" is a dirty rotten liar, despite you in every post alluding to "a-b-c".

    It's not clever. It's actually about as far from clever as you can be.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

    "Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

  10. #10
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    What's "dishonest and fallacious" is your question:
    "Would you care to post any thread or post I or anyone else have proffered which "directly" argued what the OP implies and asserts?"
    Nope, but it's clear that's exactly what you mean. Or do you deny the behaviour I ascribed to you above?

    For some reason you think you're clever because you claim that since you never said "a-b-c", that anyone who says you implied, intimated, or in any way subcribe to "a-b-c" is a dirty rotten liar, despite you in every post alluding to "a-b-c".

    It's not clever. It's actually about as far from clever as you can be.
    More lies and dishonesty from tq. What I am asserting, no; insisting is that the subject being implied in the OP has never even been discussed on this forum. How can I assert something when I have never even considered it for discussion on this or any other forum?

    The question has never even been asked of me, if I believed that if someone views the world from the perspective of, let's say a moslem, Buddhist or hindu, if in my opinion that makes them an atheist. And neither can you post me ever making that claim under any circumstances. Therefore your claim that this is what I believe is a blatant and unmitigated lie as you once again attempt to tell me what I believe based on nothing I have ever directly or indirectly said at all. Got it? Stop telling me what I believe when I have never even discussed it here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    More lies and dishonesty from tq. What I am asserting, no; insisting is that the subject being implied in the OP has never even been discussed on this forum. How can I assert something when I have never even considered it for discussion on this or any other forum?

    The question has never even been asked of me, if I believed that if someone views the world from the perspective of, let's say a moslem, Buddhist or hindu, if in my opinion that makes them an atheist. And neither can you post me ever making that claim under any circumstances. Therefore your claim that this is what I believe is a blatant and unmitigated lie as you once again attempt to tell me what I believe based on nothing I have ever directly or indirectly said at all. Got it? Stop telling me what I believe when I have never even discussed it here.
    Yeah, sure Archie
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

    "Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

  12. #12
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    Yeah, sure Archie
    WOW, I have been in hundreds, if not thousands of religious debates @ 4forums. Feel free to post even one statement by me where I said that anyone who follows another religion other than christianity is an atheist. The obnoxious child is once again forming a debate premise based on what has NEVER been said, argued or implied by me or any other christian on this forum at all, and you back him up rather than have the moral fiber to call him on his dishonesty. Go figure huh, you guys are 2 peas from the same pod...
    Last edited by admin; 08-25-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: name calling

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,943
    Archie, you prove his point anytime you question whether someone's beliefs (Matthew, Shooter, Jo, Matthew S, JazyJason, etc) are true or whether they're lying whenever they disagree with you.
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

    "Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

  14. #14
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Q View Post
    Archie, you prove his point anytime you question whether someone's beliefs (Matthew, Shooter, Jo, Matthew S, JazyJason, etc) are true or whether they're lying whenever they disagree with you.
    Pointing out someone's spiritual ignorance/denial of theological truths regarding christianity has nothing at all to do with the accusation of calling people who claim to be of another religion to be an atheist which is what the OP is asserting, PERIOD!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
    Posts
    1,943
    So, people who worship Allah are theists? Even though you've said they're actually following Satan, or demons, or some other nonsense?
    "Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night."
    Isaac Asimov

    "Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived"
    Oscar Wilde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •