Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Did life on earth come from space?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679

    Did life on earth come from space?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon,Linn County
    Posts
    1,930

    I'm surprised my little Comrade isn't all over this,if a comet did strike Earth that
    had water that held some building block of life,well yeah why not.But as far as us being it or along in the universe, is pretty small minded on our part.http://www.4forums.com/political/ima...s/msn%2018.gif

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    The concept of exogenesis has been around since the fourth century.
    " ... It's not as though he proved anything, he only refuted my evidence. ..." Archangel 04.01.09

    "Obama is not a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus."

    “Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    I messed up this was supposed to be one of the two links I posted earlier:

    Earth microbes on the Moon

    Believe it or not Streptococcus mitis bacteria can survive in space so we are talking about the possibility of much more than just the building blocks for life coming to earth from space.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    The concept of exogenesis has been around since the fourth century.
    Yes but the possibility that it could actually happen and how wasn’t shown until relatively recently.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    303
    Years ago, we were told that life began in the sea. Right here on earth. The space age has ushered in the idea that life on earth originated from space. We will eventually know the truth.
    God Given Talent CD @ my site

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    There was a space age in the fourth century?
    " ... It's not as though he proved anything, he only refuted my evidence. ..." Archangel 04.01.09

    "Obama is not a brown-skinned anti-war socialist who gives away free healthcare. You're thinking of Jesus."

    “Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post

    Believe it or not Streptococcus mitis bacteria can survive in space so we are talking about the possibility of much more than just the building blocks for life coming to earth from space.
    Well I know that's where your people got their start. Right out of the left rear flank of a large fore-headed knuckle-dragger.
    “For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.” - Robert Jastrow

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
    Well I know that's where your people got their start. Right out of the left rear flank of a large fore-headed knuckle-dragger.
    Here to reinforce your anti-intellectual stereotyped personality?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Look people water does not equal life anymore than copper means there must be a state of liberty.

    The simpler the life form the harder it is to break, the 'survival' of bacteria in space does not indicate some past adaption anymore than the effectiveness of Motrin means that humans used to use it.
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Look people water does not equal life anymore than copper means there must be a state of liberty.

    The simpler the life form the harder it is to break, the 'survival' of bacteria in space does not indicate some past adaption anymore than the effectiveness of Motrin means that humans used to use it.
    Water does not equal life?

    How long can you live with out water?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Water does not equal life?

    How long can you live with out water?
    How long can water exist without life?
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    How long can water exist without life?
    A very long time.

    What's your point?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    A very long time.

    What's your point?
    What's yours?
    Morals are a religious Myth.. - Xcaliber
    How is Evil Immoral? - Xcaliber
    I am right until you prove otherwise - Xcaliber

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    What's yours?
    If bacteria can survive in space than life could have come to earth long ago from a different planet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •