Poll: How old were you when you first explored your own views about abortion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What does it take to change your mind about abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuz Life View Post
    Human rights?

Is a human fetus (a human child in the fetal stage of their life) not a human life?

Do I even need to bother with linking to a dictionary on this one anymore?

Just one word; "Hypocrisy"
    Yes. The privacy rights of the woman is what trumps. That's the crux of Roe v Wade.

Now to fetus vs. human. Our humanity is our rational human cognizance, thoughts, feelings and everything that the essence of humanity, and us. Without it we're a lump of living cells. Not much different than the rest of the animal world.

Until a pregnancy is brought to term, we do not begin to develop our humanity. Cells are not that, whether miscarried or terminated.

For old times sake...

Quote Originally Posted by sooboo12 View Post
    A 4-week old fetus has a brain the size of a grain of sand's left pinkie. It won't know what happened and it won't feel anything because it cannot. Therefore, it is not an 'innocent child'. It doesn't have the ability to be 'innocent' or 'guilty' for that matter. It isn't. Until it's brain can actually be called a brain.
    The ability to think or feel pain is not a legal requirement for personhood.

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Hear, hear. They need to stop with the foolishness.
    Meh.

They need to stop killing children and denying to them their rights and the protections of our laws.

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Uh, feti (fetuses) are not "babies", for the umpteenth time. They don't get rights until they are viable, outside of the womb.
    The Unborn Victims of Violence Act (now law for 10 years) says you are wrong about that.

"(d) As used in this section, the term “unborn child” means a child in utero, and the term “child in utero” or “child, who is in utero” means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb." - UVVA

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Goodwin View Post
    Yes. The privacy rights of the woman is what trumps. That's the crux of Roe v Wade.
    We don't have to right to violate the rights of others and then shield ourselves from prosecution behind a so called right to privacy.

Do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Goodwin View Post
    Now to fetus vs. human. Our humanity is our rational human cognizance, thoughts, feelings and everything that the essence of humanity, and us. Without it we're a lump of living cells. Not much different than the rest of the animal world.

Until a pregnancy is brought to term, we do not begin to develop our humanity. Cells are not that, whether miscarried or terminated.
    Also refuted by the Unborn Victims of Violence act (cited above)
    "How can a government that has the authority to grant or to deny "personhood" to a prebirth child not also have the authority to define "marriage" as it sees fit to address the general welfare of the nation?" - Chuz Life

Something smells!

Abortion against

I am against abortion. Why should that baby suffer for others fault.. Yes i know its difficult to take this responsibility but its not the option. Example: If you failed in exam, you reappear it and not leave the course for that... i hope you all got my point... In same condition face the responsibility... It can change your world u never know... Or help that parents who want babies and cant make it for some reasons...

Look at 10-15 years chart... seriously... !!!

Abortion is a normal civil right to fix mistakes and to save own welfare. You know, when the planet is overpopulated there are no reasons to save every fetus. Especially if the fetus is not yours, parents must decide themselves!

//sarcasm//Why not give them the same right until the kid is, oh, eighteen? All the same principles apply. Kids are expensive and parenting is stressful. Perhaps bringing them into the world was a mistake we can fix.//sarcasm//

I'm not coming out against abortion. I understand the necessity for it. I simply think that painting it as a neutral choice is wrongheaded. At best, it is an uneasy compromise between what should be and what is. Abortion is morally wrong. Period. An alternative that must exist, yes. But there would be no need for bad alternatives if the right choices had been made in the first place.