Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 464

Thread: Attention! Fetus Worshipers!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822

    Attention! Fetus Worshipers!

    All your care and attention is focused on what is in the womb. What happens to people once outside of the womb matters not to you.

    For example:
    Western men who visit red-light districts in poor countries often find themselves surrounded by coquettish teenage girls laughingly tugging them toward the brothels. The men assume that the girls are there voluntarily, and in some cases they are right.

    But anyone inclined to take the girls’ smiles at face value should talk to Sina Vann, who was once one of those smiling girls.

    Sina is Vietnamese but was kidnapped at the age of 13 and taken to Cambodia, where she was drugged. She said she woke up naked and bloody on a bed with a white man — she doesn’t know his nationality — who had purchased her virginity.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/01/op...01kristof.html

    Where women, most especially girls, are not equal and subject to such abuse!
    Sina mostly followed instructions and smiled alluringly at men because she would have been beaten if men didn’t choose her. But sometimes she was in such pain that she resisted, and then she said she would be dragged down to a torture chamber in the basement.

    “Many of the brothels have these torture chambers,” she said. “They are underground because then the girls’ screams are muffled.”

    As in many brothels, the torture of choice was electric shocks. Sina would be tied down, doused in water and then prodded with wires running from the 220-volt wall outlet. The jolt causes intense pain, sometimes evacuation of the bladder and bowel — and even unconsciousness.
    Oh, but Sina does not live in a womb so she is unimportant.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    What this has got to do with an unborn child can only be discovered in your head.
    However, I do agree forcing anyone into prostitution is one of the worst things that humans can do.
    I say that not even being able to imagine the torture that these people endure.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the nightmares of right wingers.
    Posts
    2,290

    Thumbs up Choice - an all-American family value!

    Quote Originally Posted by gansao View Post
    What this has got to do with an unborn child can only be discovered in your head.
    "Unborn child" is an oxymoron.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    So, you do indeed worship only fetuses. That is the only phase of human life that interests you.

    I look at pregnancy as the beginning of life. I am concerned with that life from point of conception to death at, hopefully, at the end of a suitably long life.

    I worry that a pregnant woman is being well-nourished, that she has access to good prenatal care to ensure a healthy and successful pregnancy.

    I worry that a woman is not being forced to be pregnant.

    I worry that a unwanted child will not be given the welcome into the world that it deserves because the mother is a victim of poverty and warfare.

    I worry about what happens to people after they are born.

    Will they have enough food?

    Will they be well treated?

    Will they be subjected to warfare?

    And I worry about you, because you have such a narrow, unfeeling view of life, all of life. I am very sorry for you.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    "Unborn child" is an oxymoron.
    You are wrong
    Though a child is a description of a human after it has been born, the 'unborn' bit tells you the status of that human.
    Lets say for a pedant it is the wrong description but it describes the subject perfectly .
    You are technically right but were are here to debate and not to enjoy an english lesson from you therefore your comment has nothing to add to the debate.
    Last edited by gansao; 01-01-2009 at 05:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    All your care and attention is focused on what is in the womb. What happens to people once outside of the womb matters not to you.

    For example:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/01/op...01kristof.html

    Where women, most especially girls, are not equal and subject to such abuse!

    Oh, but Sina does not live in a womb so she is unimportant.
    First of all, I resent and protest the title of a thread called: Attention! Fetus Worshipers! as it implies that pro-life proponents commit idolatry by worshiping the unborn, and that is a blatant lie. So with that said, let me be equally as blunt with you.

    Tell me simone, does your article say that all of the men who would participate in using child prostitutes who are victims of the human slave trade, are also pro life advocates regarding abortion? Or is this moronic analogy something that your twisted mind just dreamt up? Because if you can't make that connection, this is just one more ridiculous assertion on your part, as usual.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    So, you do indeed worship only fetuses. That is the only phase of human life that interests you.

    I look at pregnancy as the beginning of life. I am concerned with that life from point of conception to death at, hopefully, at the end of a suitably long life.

    I worry that a pregnant woman is being well-nourished, that she has access to good prenatal care to ensure a healthy and successful pregnancy.

    I worry that a woman is not being forced to be pregnant.

    I worry that a unwanted child will not be given the welcome into the world that it deserves because the mother is a victim of poverty and warfare.

    I worry about what happens to people after they are born.

    Will they have enough food?

    Will they be well treated?

    Will they be subjected to warfare?

    And I worry about you, because you have such a narrow, unfeeling view of life, all of life. I am very sorry for you.
    I worry about you too, have you thought about therapy?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    Therapy?

    Because I am not involved in idolatry?
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Therapy?

    Because I am not involved in idolatry?

    No, because you seem a little bit shrill !

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    Actually, I have rather a pleasant voice. The look in my eye, however, when women's freedom and liberty and autonomy is threatened...

    And, admit it. You don't give a tinker's dam about individuals once out of the womb. Once a child is born, you don't care if that child will be forced to be a slave, sexual or otherwise. You don't care if that child will starve and be subject to terrible privations. You really just don't give a damn about the human race -- only your very narrow religious views.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  11. #11
    Archangel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Actually, I have rather a pleasant voice. The look in my eye, however, when women's freedom and liberty and autonomy is threatened...

    And, admit it. You don't give a tinker's dam about individuals once out of the womb. Once a child is born, you don't care if that child will be forced to be a slave, sexual or otherwise. You don't care if that child will starve and be subject to terrible privations. You really just don't give a damn about the human race -- only your very narrow religious views.
    Then why have we been able to post solid evidence that conservatives give more to charities than liberals, if liberals are the ones who care for the living the most? The only living leftists care about is their own, and screw the rest.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    Leftists believe in the role of government in aiding the needy. Leftists believe in a government that is "We the People," as such we have to make sure that government is working for us, not as a nanny state as government has functioned for the past eight years for corporations, nor as a nanny state for people.

    Our government of "We the People" exists to make sure that each one of us has a fair chance at a decent life, a life which includes access to good education, a decent level of health care, assurance that if one works for a living, one actually makes a decent living.

    Leftists place most of their energies in making sure that our government of "We the People" is working for We the People, if we can bring about campaign finance reform, more money will be available for charities, but for charities which do not impose religious beliefs on those they benefit.

    Quite frankly, I think that the stats cited by righties regarding the charitable giving of lefties may well be shifty calculations which leave out the charities that leftists do support. I'd like to see a list of the charities that righties so fulsomely support. There may well be a sizeable gap as to what charities are acceptable to righties.
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Actually, I have rather a pleasant voice. The look in my eye, however, when women's freedom and liberty and autonomy is threatened...

    And, admit it. You don't give a tinker's dam about individuals once out of the womb. Once a child is born, you don't care if that child will be forced to be a slave, sexual or otherwise. You don't care if that child will starve and be subject to terrible privations. You really just don't give a damn about the human race -- only your very narrow religious views.
    I'll take your word about your voice but I am sure that if you spoke the words that you have written here they would they would sound just as batty as they read!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    7,822
    Have you ever thought seriously about your own words?
    Brother, you can believe in stones as long as you do not hurl them at me. Wafa Sultan

    “War is an American way to teach geography,” British soldier

    War is sweet to those who have not tasted it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach. – Pindar

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Limeyland
    Posts
    7,893
    Quote Originally Posted by simone View Post
    Have you ever thought seriously about your own words?
    Do you think at all about yours?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •