Thread: Politics

Politics

Does anyone else find it redundant that we have an Elections, Government and Politics section on this discussion board?
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

"Those who are easily shocked... should be shocked more often" ~ Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by jitobear View Post
    Does anyone else find it redundant that we have an Elections, Government and Politics section on this discussion board?
    A bit, maybe...but I think the Elections forum was opened to allow separate discussion of the coming US elections whereas the other forums are not intended to limit discussion to US affairs. This is supposedly an international site.

...and there certainly is a difference between discussing government and politics.

I guess the three forums overlap a bit but I think redundancy is too strong a word here.

Which forum(s) do you proposed removing?

Quote Originally Posted by isly ilwott View Post
    A bit, maybe...but I think the Elections forum was opened to allow separate discussion of the coming US elections whereas the other forums are not intended to limit discussion to US affairs. This is supposedly an international site.

...and there certainly is a difference between discussing government and politics.

I guess the three forums overlap a bit but I think redundancy is too strong a word here.

I suppose you are right.

Maybe a single government and politics forum with sub-folders that include politics, government, elections, international politics, the middle east, etc.
    “But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most? ” ~ Mark Twain

I suppose you are right.

Maybe a single government and politics forum with sub-folders that include politics, government, elections, international politics, the middle east, etc.
    Consolidation I could see as a benefit. Maybe a huge Government forum with sub-forums. However, the current Election forum will likely become dormant after the dust settles this November (if it does settle).

Maybe we'll need a new forum on the New American Civil War.

Consolidation I could see as a benefit. Maybe a huge Government forum with sub-forums. However, the current Election forum will likely become dormant after the dust settles this November (if it does settle).

Maybe we'll need a new forum on the New American Civil War.
    Muh. Whoever wins I suspect we all will get over it.

Muh. Whoever wins I suspect we all will get over it.
    Eventually, we get over everything.

an international site? this site is totally dominated by Americans and their current affairs.

Only Palin knows where Russia is because she can see it from her house.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    an international site? this site is totally dominated by Americans and their current affairs.

Only Palin knows where Russia is because she can see it from her house.
    We do have a few valued members in Canada, UK and Austalia.

Invite some awesome Aussies to register and beat the Australian drum with you. I enjoy the foreigner's dialogs. What this site needs less of are the bickering babies and cyber-Rambos that turn each thread into their own personal boxing match depending on the degree to which they support being adamantly atheist or christian, gay or straight, liberal or sane.

Most forums are conductive to the type of behaviour you describe or attract angry bigots.

I used to post at the now extinct Deutsche Welle forum and also at the Der Spiegel forum. It was and DS is just mainly a place to trade transatlantic insults and only a minority of 'regulars' 'contribute'.

the most hateful there are 'mae' and 'baron'.

Aussies are not from what I know interested to participate in forums, specially American ones.

According to my view , political discussion based on liking and disliking should be in a separate thread , however one may comment good opinion about any one.
    Do or Die

democratic

the new era is of democracy and the best example is India.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There is a good job to have discussions on this topic.This is a good plate form to
    exchange ideas and suggestions on politics and we may also find the better solutions here of different economical and social problems.I am in favor of these thread and sections.